UAB Blazers

Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Opinion: Dolphins' plan for holding games that account for social distancing...
the_blazerman Offline
Legend

I Root For: UAB
RE: Opinion: Dolphins' plan for holding games that account for social distancing...
Tank the economy, push for everyone to stay at home with their fingers up their asses, etc.

The real goal is to attempt to hurt the president as much as possible so that fingers Biden looks like a reasonable candidate.
05-06-2020 11:10 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
UAB Band Dad Offline
Occasionally Reasonable

I Root For: A Free UAB!
BlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk Award
RE: Opinion: Dolphins' plan for holding games that account for social distancing...
When did Blazertalk become home away from home for conspiracy theories that didn't involve the BoT?
05-06-2020 11:13 AM
BlazintheAtl1 Offline
All American

(05-06-2020 11:10 AM)the_blazerman Wrote:  Tank the economy, push for everyone to stay at home with their fingers up their asses, etc.

The real goal is to attempt to hurt the president as much as possible so that fingers Biden looks like a reasonable candidate.

So im confused. Did the Chinese govt want to destroy our economy or did the mythical "deep state" want to destroy it? Please provide sources in your next response. Thanks.
05-06-2020 11:21 AM
The Answer UAB Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UAB!!!
Blazerman is an idiot. He’s gone off the deep end.
05-06-2020 11:42 AM
BAMANBLAZERFAN Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UAB & Bama

BlazerTalk Award
Conspiracy theories thrive in many places. A man once told me that his reason for not signing as an organ donor was to prevent a doctor from having a financial reason to let him die so the physician could make money by harvesting his viable organs and selling them. Add in those who won't get vaccines because they have heard they lead to autism or some other problems. These same people will likely not take the COVID-19 vaccine if and when it is developed. Measles, mumps, chicken pox (with its later manifestation as "Shingles"), polio, whooping cough and others have had a resurgence because some believe in these conspiracy theories.

Health statistics from states like New York and Cal. are likely to be more accurate because in those states health care is more readily available than in states like Alabama where whole counties have no hospitals or local physicians to do testing. It is easy to say "wash your hands regularly", but there are areas of our state that have many citizens with no indoor plumbing (as late as the 1970s the Bham NEWS reported that Sherman Heights in B'ham had one outdoor faucet for a whole neighborhood).
(This post was last modified: 05-06-2020 01:46 PM by BAMANBLAZERFAN.)
05-06-2020 12:23 PM
UAB Schnauzer Offline
1st String

(05-06-2020 11:10 AM)the_blazerman Wrote:  Tank the economy, push for everyone to stay at home with their fingers up their asses, etc.

Ignored
05-06-2020 12:32 PM
Blazer4Life14 Offline
One of “Kent’s People”

I Root For: UAB, Pro Sports
(05-06-2020 11:13 AM)UAB Band Dad Wrote:  When did Blazertalk become home away from home for conspiracy theories that didn't involve the BoT?

Paul Bryant Jr. created COVID-19 05-stirthepot
05-06-2020 02:51 PM
58-56 Offline
Blazer Revolutionary

I Root For: Fire Ray Watts

BlazerTalk Award
(05-06-2020 11:13 AM)UAB Band Dad Wrote:  When did Blazertalk become home away from home for conspiracy theories that didn't involve the BoT?

A working vaccine for bammerism remains decades away.
05-06-2020 03:17 PM
UAB Band Dad Offline
Occasionally Reasonable

I Root For: A Free UAB!
BlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk Award
I see that the Big 12 has announced that they intend to play football.

Then again, six feet of social distancing has been the norm for B12 pass defense for years.
05-06-2020 06:42 PM
the_blazerman Offline
Legend

Staggered every few seats. Well, for a 100,000 seat stadium you could expect at best 1 out of every 4 seats being used which would lead to 25,000 in attendance. Subtract from that those who would rather stay at home and watch Alabama and LSU play instead of watching their university play. Recent history says that is 8000 fans.
05-06-2020 08:42 PM
UAB Schnauzer Offline
1st String

(05-06-2020 06:42 PM)UAB Band Dad Wrote:  I see that the Big 12 has announced that they intend to play football.

Then again, six feet of social distancing has been the norm for B12 pass defense for years.

ba dum bum
05-07-2020 05:57 AM
WesternBlazer Offline
Hall of Famer

https://twitter.com/MrCFB/status/1257835680157351938

Tony Barnhart@MrCFB
Here is a photo of an undetermined Georgia Tech home game during the 1918 college football season. That's when the sport was hit by the Spanish flu and the end of World War I. The photo was taken by a student, Thomas Carter. It was provided by Georgia Tech alumnus Andy McNeal.

[Image: EXS5eFpWkAAvJ0x?format=jpg&name=small]
(This post was last modified: 05-07-2020 10:59 AM by WesternBlazer.)
05-07-2020 10:58 AM
Blazermjb Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: Blazers
COGSCOGS
(05-05-2020 07:24 AM)UABFRENCHY Wrote:  
(05-05-2020 06:17 AM)BlazintheAtl1 Wrote:  
(05-04-2020 06:32 PM)the_blazerman Wrote:  I have a feeling that attendance everywhere will be down in the fall.

Way too many people that are terrified of this to not be.

Tends to happen when a virus kills nearly 70k people in less than 2 months.

or when 99.995 % of people survive it
05-07-2020 02:30 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.