Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Siddle
Bookmark and Share
B_Hawk06 Offline

I Root For: UNCW / America
Siddle
I’m on social media fairly regularly, and I know the generations behind me are all over it. One thing I really like is that Siddle is young enough to really know how to use social media. Not saying we always need a young, “cool guy” coach to resonate with players and recruits but I’m sure it helps.

Just enjoy seeing him do things like he did today, getting on Instagram to wish all students success on exams. In the grand scheme of things, it’s pretty small but just that he knows and is comfortable with the platforms that reach younger generations is a great way to jump start excitement back into the program, especially from student support.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
05-01-2020 06:28 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

B_Hawk06 Offline

Siddle
Also. I don’t speak the language a lot of these youngsters use regularly, but Dodd posted on his IG story a shout-out link to Shykeim’s. See below. Anyone able to translate?

I’m thinking it means Shy is the “1” and Imajae is saying the rest of them will be running the 2-5? That’s the best I could come up with.

[Image: b263c7db1074b0ff2e3fcbd9f69149a1.png]

05-01-2020 06:50 PM
Gary Miller Offline
1st String

I Root For: UNCW Seahawks
RE: Siddle
While I'm not well versed, I do believe "we runnin the 2-5" is a shoutout to Eastern NC, area code 252. Shy from Winterville, Imajae from Snow Hill.
05-01-2020 07:48 PM
B_Hawk06 Offline

Siddle
(05-01-2020 07:48 PM)Gary Miller Wrote:  While I'm not well versed, I do believe "we runnin the 2-5" is a shoutout to Eastern NC, area code 252. Shy from Winterville, Imajae from Snow Hill.

Also being from the area code 252, I thought of that. But decided, ehhhhh maybe not because it’s missing the last 2.

05-01-2020 08:15 PM
82hawk Offline
Heisman

I Root For: UN CW
I REALLY hope the players are reading this thread. They need some comic relief....
05-01-2020 09:01 PM
Advertisement

B_Hawk06 Offline

Siddle
(05-01-2020 09:01 PM)82hawk Wrote:  I REALLY hope the players are reading this thread. They need some comic relief....

Lol.

Me too. I mean, obviously I’m following ID’s accounts closer now after the rumor 33 posted. Just looking for any indication he’s not leaving really.

05-01-2020 09:37 PM
SEA33HAWK Offline
All American

I Root For: UNCW
(05-01-2020 09:37 PM)CG_Hawk06 Wrote:  
(05-01-2020 09:01 PM)82hawk Wrote:  I REALLY hope the players are reading this thread. They need some comic relief....

Lol.

Me too. I mean, obviously I’m following ID’s accounts closer now after the rumor 33 posted. Just looking for any indication he’s not leaving really.

There's nobody hoping the rumor is not true more than I am. I've been a big fan since he was first offered. He is a key to a quick turnaround. He was by far the strongest player on the team last season. The only guy we had than opposing bigs couldn't push around.
05-01-2020 10:28 PM
B_Hawk06 Offline

Siddle
(05-01-2020 10:28 PM)SEA33HAWK Wrote:  

Lol.

There's nobody hoping the rumor is not true more than I am. I've been a big fan since he was first offered. He is a key to a quick turnaround. He was by far the strongest player on the team last season. The only guy we had than opposing bigs couldn't push around.

Sorry, I didn’t mean to insinuate that you were hoping for it. I doubt anyone here is hoping that. The young man sure has a ton talent!

05-01-2020 10:37 PM
billthebighawksfan Offline
All American

I just loved the way Dodd rejected people and his dunks, but mainly the rejections! The C of C away game was a FREAKING classic! "The BLOCK" is all I remember. It demonstrated Image's timing and surprising athleticism. Maybe I'm not remembering it well, but that stuck with me. I said right then and there, this guy is nice! I loved Gary Cooper and looked up to him as a young man (and pretended I was him when I was trying to block a shot) and he reminded me of him in spades. WOW! What a blocked shot! I loved seeing that and it is completely quieted down the crowd on the road that day. And, we won that game in the end.
(This post was last modified: 05-01-2020 10:55 PM by billthebighawksfan.)
05-01-2020 10:48 PM
Advertisement

SEA33HAWK Offline
All American

(05-01-2020 10:37 PM)CG_Hawk06 Wrote:  
(05-01-2020 10:28 PM)SEA33HAWK Wrote:  

Lol.

Sorry, I didn’t mean to insinuate that you were hoping for it. I doubt anyone here is hoping that. The young man sure has a ton talent!

No, it's ok. I didn't take your post that way.
05-02-2020 08:17 AM
B_Hawk06 Offline

Siddle
I do wonder how our core of young players feel about their future at UNCW. Does anyone have any read on that, aside from the rumor discussed above?

We are obviously bringing in some talented recruits though.

We haven’t seen anyone but Linssen declare for transfer so far, and when should we expect to clear that hurdle in terms of time period in which players put their name in the portal?

05-02-2020 10:35 AM
EvanJ Offline
1st String

I Root For: Hofstra and FSU
I don't know if there's a normal deadline, but Towson had something unusual. In 2018-2019, Tobias Howard was second on them with 10.2 points. Towson's preview in October had him on the roster, but he transferred before the season started. You could debate how to define a redshirt season. If a player attends some of a fall semester but doesn't play in any games, should that could as a redshirt semester, or should the fact that he attended classes at the beginning make him sit out the following fall at another school? https://www.tribstar.com/sports/towson-t...249a7.html says that he can play in the fall (if the season starts then) because he's a graduate transfer, and he's going to Indiana State in the Missouri Valley. It doesn't answer my question about if he would have had to sit out in the fall if he wasn't a graduate. Howard played for Western Kentucky in 2016-2017, had a redshirt transfer season, played for Towson in 2018-2019, and sat out another season. The article says he left Towson because he wanted to be a point guard, and Towson wanted him to play the 1 and 2 and get fewer minutes. He led them with 2.5 assists in 2018-2019. This season they were led by Jakigh Dottin with 2.2 and Jason Gibson with 2.1, so they didn't have anybody get more assists than he did the previous season. Indiana State went 18-12 (17-12 vs. Division I) and 11-7 in the MVC. They were better than Towson in the NET (105th to 154th) and RPI (74th to 142nd).

The moral of the story is that whether it's Howard, Toews, or somebody else, sudden departures (or many injuries) are always possible, and sudden arrivals from other schools are not.
05-02-2020 03:49 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
B_Hawk06 Offline

Siddle
(05-02-2020 03:49 PM)EvanJ Wrote:  The moral of the story is that whether it's Howard, Toews, or somebody else, sudden departures (or many injuries) are always possible, and sudden arrivals from other schools are not.

Yeah, I agree with all that for sure, and obviously the summary there to cap it off. Would be nice if the NCAA put deadlines on the off season use of the transfer portal.

05-02-2020 04:06 PM
Advertisement

B_Hawk06 Offline

Siddle
No news continues to be good news.

05-07-2020 08:13 AM
82hawk Offline
Heisman

(05-07-2020 08:13 AM)CG_Hawk06 Wrote:  No news continues to be good news.

With the exception of adding an additional big, the roster seems to be set. Have to believe they've all connected with the incoming guys and have a good feel for who they will be playing with. Shows some faith in Siddle IMO. I also think Linssen realized the "one man in strategy wasn't a good fit for him. Although he would have contributed, he definitley was not a guy that could hump it up and down the court in an 80 ppg pace.
05-07-2020 08:26 AM
billthebighawksfan Offline
All American

Homey was good at scoring one on one in the post for sure,but not a speed merchant. Still liked him being on the team.
(This post was last modified: 05-07-2020 08:45 AM by billthebighawksfan.)
05-07-2020 08:45 AM
Seahawkhoops Offline
Hall of Famer

(05-07-2020 08:26 AM)82hawk Wrote:  

With the exception of adding an additional big, the roster seems to be set. Have to believe they've all connected with the incoming guys and have a good feel for who they will be playing with. Shows some faith in Siddle IMO. I also think Linssen realized the "one man in strategy wasn't a good fit for him. Although he would have contributed, he definitley was not a guy that could hump it up and down the court in an 80 ppg pace.
Neither was Bryan, but he fit into that system perfect. Fact is right now we miss him, until we get another one.
05-07-2020 08:57 AM
82hawk Offline
Heisman

(05-07-2020 08:57 AM)Seahawkhoops Wrote:  
(05-07-2020 08:26 AM)82hawk Wrote:  

Neither was Bryan, but he fit into that system perfect. Fact is right now we miss him, until we get another one.

Agree. But he left because he felt our system wasn't a good fit for him, he wasn't forced out. I'm sure Siddle wanted him to stay.
05-07-2020 04:01 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.