Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Michigan Legislature Forced to Sue
blah Offline
Just doing the splits

I Root For: Stretching

CrappiesBlazerTalk AwardDonatorsSkunkworksSurvivor Runner-up
RE: Michigan Legislature Forced to Sue
(05-13-2020 07:38 PM)Bronco14 Wrote:  
(05-13-2020 07:34 PM)BuffaloTN Wrote:  Power to people. It's about to get real now. F these totalitarian monsters.

I've been waiting for the Courts to get involved. Now that they are, the ball's rolling.

Are you going to the protest tomorrow?

I heard she is getting worried someone is going to shoot her. You know what would solve that? Open up!
05-13-2020 07:50 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Bronco'14 Offline
WMU

I Root For: WMU Broncos
(05-13-2020 07:50 PM)blah Wrote:  
(05-13-2020 07:34 PM)BuffaloTN Wrote:  Power to people. It's about to get real now. F these totalitarian monsters.

I've been waiting for the Courts to get involved. Now that they are, the ball's rolling.

I heard she is getting worried someone is going to shoot her. You know what would solve that? Open up!
My job's considered 'essential'. If it it was on the weekend I would.
(This post was last modified: 05-13-2020 07:59 PM by Bronco'14.)
05-13-2020 07:58 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
BuffaloTN Offline
All American

I Root For: Memphis

If she is shot would that be a COVID related death or not?
05-13-2020 07:58 PM
blah Offline
Just doing the splits

I Root For: Stretching

CrappiesBlazerTalk AwardDonatorsSkunkworksSurvivor Runner-up
(05-13-2020 07:58 PM)BuffaloTN Wrote:  

If she is shot would that be a COVID related death or not?

Definitely would be...Everything is right now unless proven different.

It would also lower the average age of the deceased from the current 75.1 years old.
05-13-2020 08:06 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
olliebaba Offline
Legend

I Root For: Christ
My last haircut was on March 16 and I was FINALLLLLLYYY able to get one today. It feels so wonderful that you take for granted on how easy it used to be to get a haircut. Our barber is only taking phone in appointments and that minimizes people waiting in the wings.

Here in El Paso it seems everyone is out and about, the traffic is almost like it used to be. Some restaurants are taking eat in diners. The main stores like Sams and Walmart are packed again and there's toilet paper to be had without a hitch. The news tell us that clothing stores are open but people can't try clothes on for size and only two people allowed in at one time. You know things like this. Most people are wearing masks and I wore mine just to appease the crowds, no skin off my back but those things sure are suffocating.

A message to Californians, please don't come to Texas, you're not wanted here with your BS Liberal Shiate. As a matter of fact, my neighbors brother came to visit his sister from California but I don't know if he plans on staying. I hope not if he's as nutty as her Democrat sister.
05-13-2020 08:09 PM
JMUDunk Online
Rootin' fer Dukes, bud

I Root For: Freedom
Michigan Legislature Forced to Sue
(05-13-2020 06:37 PM)rath v2.0 Wrote:  
(05-13-2020 04:58 PM)Bronco14 Wrote:  Michigan barber lost his license, faces $1K fine & 1 year in prison for each haircut. He's evidently still cutting hair.

Governor threatens more lockdown due to the protests. (we already have shelter-in-place till May 28)

People in Antrim County are just doing their thing. Use of masks has sorta vanished.

Obergruppenfuhrer Whitmer can eat a bag of wieners.

Yes.

I’m plenty sure she could.
05-14-2020 06:32 AM
Bronco'14 Offline
WMU

Well, Gretchen threatened more lock-down before the protest, but then said today 'could open up more within the next couple weeks.'

Now she's apparently on that panel tonight "the second wave in the fall could 'dwarf' what we've seen so far."

Ugh......

I hear a lot of her cheerleaders doubting that she's gunning for VP, but she gave the Democrat State of the Union Response, is as hard Blue as you can get, appears frequently on national news, has a stricter lockdown than California, & is now on a round-table w/ Joe Biden & Greta freaking Thunberg.
05-14-2020 09:07 PM
rath v2.0 Offline
Wartime Consigliere

I Root For: Civil Disobedience

Donators
She’ll cost the Democrats Michigan this November if she is on the ballot.

People hate her right now. She’s a hot mess.
(This post was last modified: 05-14-2020 11:22 PM by rath v2.0.)
05-14-2020 11:22 PM
rath v2.0 Offline
Wartime Consigliere

I Root For: Civil Disobedience

Donators
Obergruppenführer Whitmer has finally opened up the northern part of the state as of 12:01 am Friday morning. Non essential offices and retail can open. Bars and restaurants at 50% capacity.

Had she not done this heading into Memorial Day it would have been political suicide. This state sorta hates that chick.
05-19-2020 07:18 AM
GrayBeard Offline
Whiny Troll

I Root For: My Kids & ECU

Crappies
(05-14-2020 11:22 PM)rath v2.0 Wrote:  She’ll cost the Democrats Michigan this November if she is on the ballot.

People hate her right now. She’s a hot mess.

not hot 03-puke A mess...yes, but not hot.
05-19-2020 07:20 AM
SuperFlyBCat Offline
Banned

I Root For: America and UC
(05-13-2020 08:09 PM)olliebaba Wrote:  My last haircut was on March 16 and I was FINALLLLLLYYY able to get one today. It feels so wonderful that you take for granted on how easy it used to be to get a haircut. Our barber is only taking phone in appointments and that minimizes people waiting in the wings.

Here in El Paso it seems everyone is out and about, the traffic is almost like it used to be. Some restaurants are taking eat in diners. The main stores like Sams and Walmart are packed again and there's toilet paper to be had without a hitch. The news tell us that clothing stores are open but people can't try clothes on for size and only two people allowed in at one time. You know things like this. Most people are wearing masks and I wore mine just to appease the crowds, no skin off my back but those things sure are suffocating.

A message to Californians, please don't come to Texas, you're not wanted here with your BS Liberal Shiate. As a matter of fact, my neighbors brother came to visit his sister from California but I don't know if he plans on staying. I hope not if he's as nutty as her Democrat sister.

01-ncaabbs
05-19-2020 07:29 AM
Bronco'14 Offline
WMU

Well Michigan going to Biden in November: Big Gretch guaranteeing everyone gets an application in the mail to mail-in vote.

Seems way too early to be guaranteeing mail-in voting, & shouldn't a radical change of how Michigan does its voting go thru the legislative branch first?

That damn judge overseeing the lawsuit needs to rule ASAP so we can leave 1-person rule behind in the dust.
05-19-2020 05:22 PM
Bronco'14 Offline
WMU

(05-19-2020 05:22 PM)Bronco14 Wrote:  Well Michigan going to Biden in November: Big Gretch guaranteeing everyone gets an application in the mail to mail-in vote.

Seems way too early to be guaranteeing mail-in voting, & shouldn't a radical change of how Michigan does its voting go thru the legislative branch first?

That damn judge overseeing the lawsuit needs to rule ASAP so we can leave 1-person rule behind in the dust.

More bad news for Michigan: Michigan United for Liberty - a group organizing the protests - also sued for the governor for her self-granted emergency powers. The lower court judge ruled against them: declaring "This is an unpredictable, dangerous emergency or disaster situation. A disaster or emergency is a dynamic, unpredictable situation fraught with complexity. It is unreasonable to expect demanding legislative standards be incorporated into such a demanding scenario."

Big Gretch is apparently having that ruling be an item of consideration for the judge overseeing the legislative branch lawsuit against her.

Rough day for Michigan. :(
(This post was last modified: 05-19-2020 09:46 PM by Bronco'14.)
05-19-2020 09:38 PM
Bronco'14 Offline
WMU

So much precedence. What if a true psychopath dictator gets in office?

The Constitution is burning & we shall be next.
(This post was last modified: 05-19-2020 09:55 PM by Bronco'14.)
05-19-2020 09:50 PM
TripleA Online
Legend

I Root For: Memphis Tigers

Memphis Hall of Fame
(05-19-2020 09:50 PM)Bronco14 Wrote:  So much precedence. What if a true psychopath dictator gets in office?

That's one reason I think we will eventually split into 2 or more countries. This goes way beyond a difference in political philosophy.

It's now no holds barred non-shooting warfare.
05-19-2020 10:06 PM
Bronco'14 Offline
WMU

(05-19-2020 10:06 PM)TripleA Wrote:  
(05-19-2020 09:50 PM)Bronco14 Wrote:  So much precedence. What if a true psychopath dictator gets in office?

That's one reason I think we will eventually split into 2 or more countries. This goes way beyond a difference in political philosophy.

It's now no holds barred non-shooting warfare.

One side wants open borders. The other wants some restrictions on immigration.

One side wants full rights - including voting & taxpayer money - for illegals. The other side doesn't.

One side wants abortion up to post-birth. The other side wants limitations on abortion in some way.

One side wants to do away with the 2nd Amendment. The other side doesn't.

One side wants 'free' healthcare. The other side doesn't.

One side wants giant minimum wage hikes. The other side doesn't.

One side wants 'free' college education. The other side doesn't.

One side thinks the flag is a shame & the country needs to be held accountable for past acts. The other side is nationalist.

One side wants mail-in & internet voting. The other side doesn't.

One side wants to hand over everything to the government due to global warming. The other doesn't.

More & more examples.

There's no middle ground to these. A lot of people might claim they want a middle ground, but we're not gonna get it. Blame the politicians, but the most vocal are the ones who don't want a middle ground.

I've thought for a while states should have more control of what goes down in their state & shouldn't be at the mercy of what another state might want. Maybe it's time to really move to that idea.
(This post was last modified: 05-20-2020 09:06 AM by Bronco'14.)
05-20-2020 08:55 AM
MemTigers1998 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Memphis
I think bronco is right. It’s time to split it up.
05-20-2020 09:08 AM
Bronco'14 Offline
WMU

(05-20-2020 09:08 AM)MemTigers1998 Wrote:  I think bronco is right. It’s time to split it up.

I don't think we should split up. That would open a boatload of different issues. I think we should try to continue on this model where the states are allowed to make more decisions on their own.

My understanding is this weakens the federal government, but I think that's what we need. Of course, Constitution as written gives more power to the federal government, so that'd be an issue. Hopefully we can find some common ground after the Crisis is over - if it ever is over.
(This post was last modified: 05-20-2020 09:28 AM by Bronco'14.)
05-20-2020 09:27 AM
Bronco'14 Offline
WMU

Big Gretch EO's veterinary services & non-"elective" healthcare allowed.

Also retail by appointment, so you need to call Kohl's or wherever you shop & set up an appointment to shop there.

Can now gather up to 10.

This is her version of opening up more.

Vaccine needed for stadium attendance.

Reminder: She's divided the state up into 8 regions & all treats them the same; fully open requires a vaccine; still can't get a haircut.

More EOs in a couple weeks.
(This post was last modified: 05-21-2020 09:24 AM by Bronco'14.)
05-21-2020 09:22 AM
Bronco'14 Offline
WMU

Trump visiting Michigan today. A Ford factory that's (probably) all union workers who vote Democrat.

Not sure how his meeting w/ the Ford executives went, but the local Detroit media drilling him about not wearing a mask & if the country has enough ventilators & masks if the crisis lasts years.

What a waste of his time.
05-21-2020 03:40 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.