Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Bakersfield & UMKC
Bookmark and Share
SARGEcaw Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: NMSU
RE: Bakersfield & UMKC
On this final day, whatever may the language be, Goodbye

adiós, adieu, addio, adeus, aloha, anito, arrivederci, au revoir, auf wiedersehen, āyubōvan, bon voyage, do widzenia, ciao, jalga, sayonara, shalom, sen-ge-de-ho, totsiens, vaarvel, vale, wadaeaan, zàijiàn, etc.

05-sosad
06-30-2020 07:35 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
jdgaucho Offline
All American

I Root For: UCSB
Saying my piece before the Birds leave this WAC nest...

I believe CSUB's admission hurts the Big West in the long term. Starting with baseball, volleyball and men's soccer their RPI numbers will make earning at-large bids more difficult. And outside of one magical season in hoops and one NCAA bid, nothing about their program says they will strengthen their new home.

Covid-19 might (or might not) provide opportunities for further growth as some former members start to look at reducing travel costs and missed classes. But in any case Fresno, Sac State, SJSU and SDSU are out for various reasons - one being the UCs are not going to let another Cal State in to upset the balance. They're not going to throw the CSUs another bone, not after having to accept CSUB. Which limits things to former members outside California and I don't think CSUB is interested in that, even though it would benefit the conference (Nevada, Boise, NMSU, that ilk)

I will welcome them when they do join. I just don't see the positives of them joining. Show us something, Roadrunners.
06-30-2020 11:36 PM
gleadley Offline
1st String

I Root For: GCU
Who?
07-01-2020 11:18 AM
NMSUPistolPete Offline
All American

07-01-2020 11:55 AM
gleadley Offline
1st String

Never heard of em.
07-01-2020 02:09 PM
dancingNMSUaggie Offline
1st String

Don’t let the door hit you on your way out.
07-02-2020 11:56 AM
dancingNMSUaggie Offline
1st String

(06-30-2020 11:36 PM)jdgaucho Wrote:  Saying my piece before the Birds leave this WAC nest...

I believe CSUB's admission hurts the Big West in the long term. Starting with baseball, volleyball and men's soccer their RPI numbers will make earning at-large bids more difficult. And outside of one magical season in hoops and one NCAA bid, nothing about their program says they will strengthen their new home.

Covid-19 might (or might not) provide opportunities for further growth as some former members start to look at reducing travel costs and missed classes. But in any case Fresno, Sac State, SJSU and SDSU are out for various reasons - one being the UCs are not going to let another Cal State in to upset the balance. They're not going to throw the CSUs another bone, not after having to accept CSUB. Which limits things to former members outside California and I don't think CSUB is interested in that, even though it would benefit the conference (Nevada, Boise, NMSU, that ilk)

I will welcome them when they do join. I just don't see the positives of them joining. Show us something, Roadrunners.

Awful facilities, terrible academics. Congrats Big West.
07-02-2020 11:57 AM
gleadley Offline
1st String

(07-02-2020 11:57 AM)dancingNMSUaggie Wrote:  
(06-30-2020 11:36 PM)jdgaucho Wrote:  Saying my piece before the Birds leave this WAC nest...

Awful facilities, terrible academics. Congrats Big West.

Can't express how glad I am that we don't have to A) look at that hideous blue floor or B) watch Barnes meander out onto the floor in the middle of the game, yet somehow not get T-ed up or at least sent back to his bench.
07-02-2020 12:03 PM
dancingNMSUaggie Offline
1st String

Barnes, the self proclaimed hottest college coach in America. Biggest cry baby in the WAC. Now the title belongs to Humpty Dumpty Hayford
07-02-2020 02:30 PM
gleadley Offline
1st String

Hayford actually seems like one of the nicest coaches in the conference. He get a pass from me.
07-02-2020 03:53 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.