Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Good thing we didn't go to New Orleans
Bookmark and Share
mjs Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UALR
According to one study, Louisiana is experiencing the fastest growth in new cases in the world. Orleans Parish, which shares its borders with the city of New Orleans, has suffered the highest number of deaths per capita of any county in the nation. A few days before the tournament, my physician son strongly suggested that going to New Orleans was not a good idea. I thought he was being ridiculous since no cases had been reported in Louisiana at that time. He assured me there were cases there, but testing was not being done.
03-26-2020 10:16 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

PTJR Offline
Heisman

I Root For: LR / UR / CU
RE: Good thing we didn't go to New Orleans
(03-26-2020 10:16 AM)mjs Wrote:  According to one study, Louisiana is experiencing the fastest growth in new cases in the world. Orleans Parish, which shares its borders with the city of New Orleans, has suffered the highest number of deaths per capita of any county in the nation. A few days before the tournament, my physician son strongly suggested that going to New Orleans was not a good idea. I thought he was being ridiculous since no cases had been reported in Louisiana at that time. He assured me there were cases there, but testing was not being done.

New Orleans is providing a perfect example of why a nationwide social distancing policy needs to remain in place until we KNOW this thing is past. Fat Tuesday was February 25th this year, and not much thought was given to the huge crowds getting together in the French Quarter and all over the Big Easy. But it is believed that Mardi Gras is a big contributor to the fire storm going on there now.

So, just because it doesn’t seem to be much of a problem in a particular area doesn’t provide protection from this virus. And having the country go back to business as usual in less than three weeks at Easter is a downright dangerous idea!
03-26-2020 02:08 PM
mjs Offline
Hall of Famer

(03-26-2020 02:08 PM)PTJR Wrote:  
(03-26-2020 10:16 AM)mjs Wrote:  According to one study, Louisiana is experiencing the fastest growth in new cases in the world. Orleans Parish, which shares its borders with the city of New Orleans, has suffered the highest number of deaths per capita of any county in the nation. A few days before the tournament, my physician son strongly suggested that going to New Orleans was not a good idea. I thought he was being ridiculous since no cases had been reported in Louisiana at that time. He assured me there were cases there, but testing was not being done.

New Orleans is providing a perfect example of why a nationwide social distancing policy needs to remain in place until we KNOW this thing is past. Fat Tuesday was February 25th this year, and not much thought was given to the huge crowds getting together in the French Quarter and all over the Big Easy. But it is believed that Mardi Gras is a big contributor to the fire storm going on there now.

So, just because it doesn’t seem to be much of a problem in a particular area doesn’t provide protection from this virus. And having the country go back to business as usual in less than three weeks at Easter is a downright dangerous idea!

My son is super worried about Trump's plan to end this by Easter. Luckily, governors can make decisions in their own States, and I believe the majority care more about the lives of their citizens than their stock portfolio.
03-26-2020 02:40 PM
insideualr Offline
Lord of the Trojans

We will not be getting together for Easter.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
03-26-2020 06:41 PM
Advertisement

since74 Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: Little Rock

Lakefront Arena with a Sun Belt tournament crowd would have been the safest place for in America.
03-26-2020 07:59 PM
PTJR Offline
Heisman

I Root For: LR / UR / CU
(03-26-2020 07:59 PM)since74 Wrote:  

Lakefront Arena with a Sun Belt tournament crowd would have been the safest place for in America.

Except it wasn’t going to be held at Lakefront Arena- but I get your point!
03-26-2020 08:20 PM
since74 Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: Little Rock
(03-26-2020 08:20 PM)PTJR Wrote:  
(03-26-2020 07:59 PM)since74 Wrote:  

Lakefront Arena with a Sun Belt tournament crowd would have been the safest place in America.

Except it wasn’t going to be held at Lakefront Arena- but I get your point!

Ah, yes. ? Even safer at Smoothie King.
(This post was last modified: 03-26-2020 09:18 PM by since74.)
03-26-2020 09:14 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.