Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Biden slams coronavirus bill over lack of progressive policies
usmbacker Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Beer
Biden slams coronavirus bill over lack of progressive policies
What a f'n senile idiot...

Quote:Presumptive Democratic presidential nominee Joe Biden says Democrats will have an opportunity to tack progressive policies such as student loan forgiveness and the Green New Deal onto the next coronavirus relief package.

“We’re gonna have an opportunity, I believe in the next round [of congressional economic aid] here, to use the — my green economy — my Green Deal to be able to generate both economic ground and consistent with the kind of infusion of money as we need into the system to keep it going,” Biden said during a Wednesday appearance on “PBS NewsHour.”

Biden’s campaign platform refers to the Green New Deal, a bill brought forward by Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (D-NY) and Sen. Ed Markey (D-Mass.), as “a crucial framework for meeting the climate challenges we face” because it “powerfully captures” the basic truth that “our environment and our economy are completely and totally connected.”

In multiple interviews on Wednesday, the former vice president discussed what policy areas he believes House and Senate Democrats need to push for in the next stimulus bill to aid those impacted by the pandemic.

“This bill doesn’t include student loan forgiveness, which would go a long way to provide an immediate relief for those who need it the most,” the Democratic front-runner said in an NBC News appearance. “I support forgiving at least $10,000 in student loan debt per person now.”

Biden made the comment while discussing his gripes with the $2 trillion package passed by the Senate on Wednesday, saying the legislation leaves out young people and enriches CEOs and shareholders.

Link
03-26-2020 09:49 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Owl 69/70/75 Offline
Just an old rugby coach

I Root For: RiceBathChelsea

DonatorsNew Orleans Bowl
RE: Biden slams coronavirus bill over lack of progressive policies
I think Trump needs to make one point very clear. You go putting stuff into a coronavirus relief bill that has nothing to do with coronavirus relief, and I will veto it. Period.

Or maybe it's time for him to do a line item veto, which nobody really knows the constitutionality of. Start distributing the money for the things he doesn't veto, and don't distribute anything for line items that he vetoed. And let the courts sort it out.
(This post was last modified: 03-26-2020 10:14 AM by Owl 69/70/75.)
03-26-2020 10:13 AM
b0ndsj0ns Offline
Legend

I Root For: ECU
I choose to slam Biden for pretending to be progressive when he has no power to try to cheaply curry favor with Bernie supporters. No one is buying it, nor should you really be pushing for this stuff in an emergency bailout package.
03-26-2020 10:20 AM
stinkfist Offline
nuts zongo's in the house

I Root For: Mustard Buzzards
(03-26-2020 10:13 AM)Owl 69/70/75 Wrote:  I think Trump needs to make one point very clear. You go putting stuff into a coronavirus relief bill that has nothing to do with coronavirus relief, and I will veto it. Period.

Or maybe it's time for him to do a line item veto, which nobody really knows the constitutionality of. Start distributing the money for the things he doesn't veto, and don't distribute anything for line items that he vetoed. And let the courts sort it out.

this would increase the power of the executive to a dangerous level relative to the other branches by design....

that would be a tough one to decide....I would probably vote against if I was a justice (as much as I would personally want to choose 'for' with the current regime) based on best attempt to delay sig line 1b) alone....

in this case, he has to use veto power as best method, IMO....
(This post was last modified: 03-26-2020 10:27 AM by stinkfist.)
03-26-2020 10:26 AM
Advertisement

stinkfist Offline

(03-26-2020 10:20 AM)b0ndsj0ns Wrote:  I choose to slam Biden for pretending to be progressive when he has no power to try to cheaply curry favor with Bernie supporters. No one is buying it, nor should you really be pushing for this stuff in an emergency bailout package.

yep....
03-26-2020 10:27 AM
b0ndsj0ns Offline
Legend

(03-26-2020 10:27 AM)stinkfist Wrote:  
(03-26-2020 10:20 AM)b0ndsj0ns Wrote:  I choose to slam Biden for pretending to be progressive when he has no power to try to cheaply curry favor with Bernie supporters. No one is buying it, nor should you really be pushing for this stuff in an emergency bailout package.

yep....

And this piece of garbage trying to pretend he cares about student loan forgiveness when he's a huge part of the problem thanks to the 05 bankruptcy bill that makes people unable to discharge student debt. So screw him we know he doesn't give a crap about that and it's weak ass pandering.
03-26-2020 10:31 AM
TripleA Online
Legend

I Root For: Memphis Tigers

Memphis Hall of Fame
The Dems have the House. They don't have the Senate or the Executive branch. Why do they feel entitled to stuff any bill with progressive policies?
03-26-2020 10:32 AM
Advertisement

b0ndsj0ns Offline
Legend

(03-26-2020 10:32 AM)TripleA Wrote:  The Dems have the House. They don't have the Senate or the Executive branch. Why do they feel entitled to stuff any bill with progressive policies?

I actually agree. Now they should use the power they do have to do their best to make sure the corporate "bailout" money isn't the same level of no strings attached giveaways that the 09 bailout was, but other than that they need to get this through as quickly as possible with as little unnecessary things added as possible.
03-26-2020 10:38 AM
Owl 69/70/75 Offline
Just an old rugby coach

I Root For: RiceBathChelsea

DonatorsNew Orleans Bowl
(03-26-2020 10:32 AM)TripleA Wrote:  The Dems have the House. They don't have the Senate or the Executive branch. Why do they feel entitled to stuff any bill with progressive policies?

Because republicans are milquetoast wusses.

The enemy of my enemy is my friend. But damn, I wish my enemies had better enemies.
03-26-2020 10:40 AM
stinkfist Offline

(03-26-2020 10:40 AM)Owl 69/70/75 Wrote:  

The enemy of my enemy is my friend. But damn, I wish my enemies had better enemies.

^^^

however, DJT has taught those ding-a-lings a lesson this go-round....
03-26-2020 10:47 AM
Advertisement

DavidSt Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: ATU, P7

Bernie voted for it, and he slammed Bernie for it. Bernie said these things have nothing to do with this crisis.
03-26-2020 11:13 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
SoMs Eagle Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Mighty Mustard
Does David write his scripts? I don’t understand what he is babbling about. The bold text makes no sense...
03-26-2020 11:17 AM
bullet Offline
Legend

I Root For: Texas, UK, UGA
(03-26-2020 10:40 AM)Owl 69/70/75 Wrote:  

Certainly are based on preliminary reports of what is in this bill.
03-26-2020 11:24 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.