Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

News Trump Job Approval Soars 12 Net Points, Best Approval Of Presidency
CrimsonPhantom Offline
CUSA Curator

I Root For: NM State
Trump Job Approval Soars 12 Net Points, Best Approval Of Presidency

This is why media no longer wants to cover his briefings because they’ve driven his approval up.

03-25-2020 03:52 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

shere khan Offline
Southerner

I Root For: Tulane
RE: Trump Job Approval Soars 12 Net Points, Best Approval Of Presidency
We love our Magnificent Orange Emperor, dont we folks. Bigly.
03-25-2020 03:56 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
GrayBeard Offline
Whiny Troll

I Root For: My Kids & ECU

Crappies
How can that be? Orange Man Bad!
03-25-2020 04:21 PM
Hambone10 Offline
Hooter

I Root For: My Kids

New Orleans BowlDonatorsThe Parliament Awards
grain of salt guys... clearly event driven... all it says is that the establishment left (and supposed independents like Tom who march in lock-step with them against Republicans) are NOT winning the argument that he's failing with actual independents.
03-25-2020 04:40 PM
Attackcoog Offline

I Root For: Houston
(03-25-2020 04:40 PM)Hambone10 Wrote:  grain of salt guys... clearly event driven... all it says is that the establishment left (and supposed independents like Tom who march in lock-step with them against Republicans) are NOT winning the argument that he's failing with actual independents.

I honestly think the difference is the people are at home, watching these press conferences where they get to hear and see EVERYTHING. They hear the questions and Trumps full answer. They hear his full opening statements. Thats a massive difference from the normal situation where the media feeds the public carefully edited snippets to drive a pre-determined divisive narrative. Instead, the people see all his comments and realize that the guy is pretty darn reasonable and its actually the WH press corp who is horribly negative and about half nuts.
(This post was last modified: 03-25-2020 05:17 PM by Attackcoog.)
03-25-2020 05:16 PM
Advertisement

CrimsonPhantom Offline
CUSA Curator

I Root For: NM State
(03-25-2020 05:16 PM)Attackcoog Wrote:  
(03-25-2020 04:40 PM)Hambone10 Wrote:  grain of salt guys... clearly event driven... all it says is that the establishment left (and supposed independents like Tom who march in lock-step with them against Republicans) are NOT winning the argument that he's failing with actual independents.

I honestly think the difference is the people are at home, watching these press conferences where they get to hear EVERYTHING. They hear the questions and Trumps full answer. They hear his full opening statements. They are not getting the carefully edited snippets the media likes to use to drive the narrative. Instead, the people see all his comments and realize that the guy is pretty darn reasonable and the WH press corp is horribly negative and about half nuts.

They are not being told on the evening broadcasts by MSM what to think.
03-25-2020 05:17 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
VA49er Offline
Legend

I Root For: Charlotte
No wonder Biden said he wished Trump wouldn't give the briefings.
03-25-2020 06:27 PM
fsquid Offline
Legend

I Root For: Memphis, Queens (NC)

CrappiesCrappiesCrappiesCrappiesMemphis Hall of Fame
Trump Job Approval Soars 12 Net Points, Best Approval Of Presidency
No debates needed

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
03-25-2020 07:40 PM
ODUsmitty Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Old Dominion

I honestly think the difference is the people are at home, watching these press conferences where they get to hear and see EVERYTHING. They hear the questions and Trumps full answer. They hear his full opening statements. Thats a massive difference from the normal situation where the media feeds the public carefully edited snippets to drive a pre-determined divisive narrative. Instead, the people see all his comments and realize that the guy is pretty darn reasonable and its actually the WH press corp who is horribly negative and about half nuts.
Your logic is sound, and I can certainly see how more live TV, vice edited video clips, would make President Trump present better to the general public.

It is funny in our household, though, as we have always been big consumers of news and opinion shows. However, since the kind of, sort of lockdown, the television has very rarely been turned on. I guess people ride such things in their own way.
03-25-2020 08:39 PM
Advertisement

Claw Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Memphis

Election-wise 43% approval with independents will win it. The other 57% are not all going to approve of the other guy. Some will vote for Trump as the one they hate the least. Still others will not vote.

43% approval with independents wins the election with ease.
03-25-2020 09:09 PM
Attackcoog Offline

I Root For: Houston
(03-25-2020 08:39 PM)ODUsmitty Wrote:  

Your logic is sound, and I can certainly see how more live TV, vice edited video clips, would make President Trump present better to the general public.

It is funny in our household, though, as we have always been big consumers of news and opinion shows. However, since the kind of, sort of lockdown, the television has very rarely been turned on. I guess people ride such things in their own way.

Apparently, his press conferences are logging ratings that are right up there with The Bachelor and Monday Night Football.
03-25-2020 10:26 PM
stinkfist Offline
nuts zongo's in the house

I Root For: Mustard Buzzards

I agree....the one's paying att'n are handing it back to them in spades....

there's a ton of folk out there that have some sense and aren't vaj's...

#~1mos.
03-26-2020 02:52 AM
stinkfist Offline
nuts zongo's in the house

I Root For: Mustard Buzzards

I play the field for 6-10 hrs./day....I'm allergic to all grass pollen and touch my face with this biatch in mind...

03-26-2020 02:55 AM
Advertisement

AdoptedMonarch Online
Heisman

I Root For: Old Dominion
(03-25-2020 03:56 PM)shere khan Wrote:  We love our Magnificent Orange Emperor, dont we folks. Bigly.

There is no argument (or at least no honest argument) that President Trump is showing real leadership skills throughout this crisis. In what has overall been a very (and, to me, surprisingly) successful presidency, his handling of this crisis may prove to be his "finest hour" - - albeit assisted by the clownishness (and borderline treason) of his antagonists in the legacy media and Democrat Party leadership.

Here is the concluding paragraph of a piece in today's Wall Street Journal opinion section:

Quote:If by September Mr. Trump and his team are bringing the U.S. through the threat from this pandemic, he will be re-elected. Without a single rally. Rallying a nation is what gets presidents remembered.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/trumps-lead...eatst_pos1
(This post was last modified: 03-26-2020 06:57 AM by AdoptedMonarch.)
03-26-2020 06:55 AM
SoMs Eagle Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Mighty Mustard
Adds up to 15 points. Just sayin’....
03-26-2020 11:47 AM
green Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Miami
(03-25-2020 06:27 PM)VA49er Wrote:  No wonder Biden said he wished Trump wouldn't give the briefings.

https://twitter.com/ByronYork/status/124...8494524417

FREAKY FRIDAY
03-27-2020 04:31 AM
shere khan Offline
Southerner

I Root For: Tulane
Truth is his approval will be in the 80's when people start getting muh checks.

Polls are no better than the fake news media
(This post was last modified: 03-27-2020 09:50 AM by shere khan.)
03-27-2020 09:49 AM
UofMTigerTim Offline
1st String

I Root For:
(03-26-2020 02:55 AM)stinkfist Wrote:  

I play the field for 6-10 hrs./day....I'm allergic to all grass pollen and touch my face with this biatch in mind...

That brings back memories. One of my favorite clubbing songs back in the day.
03-27-2020 10:39 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.