WMU Broncos

Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

VanderWal
flushtheherd Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: WMU
RE: VanderWal
From what I am hearing... VanderWal is not even in the running at this point.

Clayton Bates, MSU's Dwayne Stephens, Indianas Ed Shcilling and Manny Newsom... Cornell Mann may get an interview.

This is another typical WMU search. Nobody off script.
03-27-2020 10:45 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
okgc Offline
Heisman

Isn’t Newsome now 80 years old?
Stephens reported denied interest.
Shillings wife just was hired as assistant coach for Indiana Fever.
(This post was last modified: 03-28-2020 12:45 AM by okgc.)
03-28-2020 12:42 AM
flushtheherd Offline
Hall of Famer

(03-28-2020 12:42 AM)okgc Wrote:  Isn’t Newsome now 80 years old?
Stephens reported denied interest.
Shillings wife just was hired as assistant coach for Indiana Fever.

Just reporting what I’m seeing on Twitter from Tony Paul at the Detroit news...
03-28-2020 12:59 AM
WMU95 Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: Western MI
(03-27-2020 10:45 PM)flushtheherd Wrote:  From what I am hearing... VanderWal is not even in the running at this point.

Clayton Bates, MSU's Dwayne Stephens, Indianas Ed Shcilling and Manny Newsom... Cornell Mann may get an interview.

I would be happy to have Dwayne Stephens come to WMU. Hopefully he would retain TK as an assistant.
03-28-2020 09:43 AM
cspence00 Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: MC Pioneers
Over the past 6 seasons, there's only 3 programs in the country (out of 424 D-III schools) with more total wins than Coach VanderWal. How can a Head Coach that's better than 99.1% of his contemporaries over a sustained period of time not be in the mix? The MC program had 3 total conference wins in the 3 seasons prior to his arrival. By year 4, they were conference champs (regular season and tourney). Unfortunately, I am apparently very naive to the inner-workings of D-I athletics.
03-28-2020 10:24 AM
holybovine Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Eastern Michigan
(03-27-2020 10:45 PM)flushtheherd Wrote:  From what I am hearing... VanderWal is not even in the running at this point.

That may be the worst list I've ever seen for a HC search.
03-28-2020 02:39 PM
Bronco'14 Offline
WMU

I Root For: WMU Broncos
I think y'all are overhyping this guy. Good coach w/ Marietta, but would it translate to D1?

Also, I thought all of UM's/MSU's guys declined so Stephens is out. Clayton Bates has ties to WMU so I wouldn't be against that. Ed Schilling is meh, I can't find anything on Manny Newsom other then there was a Manny Newsom who played for us.
(This post was last modified: 03-28-2020 07:11 PM by Bronco'14.)
03-28-2020 07:09 PM
okgc Offline
Heisman

If Kathy goes outside current staff she should choose Cornell Mann !
03-28-2020 07:51 PM
cspence00 Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: MC Pioneers
(03-28-2020 07:09 PM)Bronco14 Wrote:  I think y'all are overhyping this guy. Good coach w/ Marietta, but would it translate to D1?

Also, I thought all of UM's/MSU's guys declined so Stephens is out. Clayton Bates has ties to WMU so I wouldn't be against that. Ed Schilling is meh, I can't find anything on Manny Newsom other then there was a Manny Newsom who played for us.

Jim Hayford currently at Seattle (D-III Whitworth), Nathan Davis currently at Bucknell (D-III Randolph-Macon), Bo Ryan formerly at Wisconsin (D-III Univ. Wisconsin-Platteville), Larry Hunter formerly at Ohio University and Western Carolina (D-III Wittenberg) are just a few that didn't have any trouble translating to D-I.

In 2014, Marietta played OU in Athens and was leading the Bobcats up through the 13-minute mark in the second half (up by 14 at one point)...eventually lost by 13. OU had an NBA player (Ndour). That was the last time VanderWal could get any D-I school to play him.
03-28-2020 07:56 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.