Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

ESPN scraping the bottom of the barrel
The Cutter of Bish Offline
Heisman

I Root For: the little guy
RE: ESPN scraping the bottom of the barrel
I wonder if they’ll break out the Magic: the Gathering stuff from their vault.

IT’S A HOWLING MINE!
03-23-2020 11:45 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Cyniclone Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: ODU
(03-23-2020 10:52 AM)quo vadis Wrote:  I am not a car-racing fan, but I thought what NASCAR did yesterday with their virtual "I-racing" simulation on FS1 was entertaining. First, it was a lot shorter than a regular NASCAR race, second, the simulation was really incredible from a technical POV, and third, it helped immensely that major NASCAR drivers participated in it.

I mean, I will NOT watch a repeat of Game 7 of the 1984 NBA Finals but if the NBA organized NBA video games with guys like Anthony Davis playing themselves in the games, I might watch that.

Twitch and YouTube has a lot of that now, either through the team's official account or from individual players. The guys that did the simulated A-10 tournament on NBA 2K20 is doing it for the NCAAs starting Thursday (they banged out the selection show and a couple of First Four games already). Follow them at https://twitter.com/march2k20. The Washington Wizards and Capitals are finishing their seasons thru video game simulation at http://www.monumentalsportsnetwork.com.

This could be the thing that thrusts e-gaming into the forefront of sports.
03-23-2020 01:25 PM
AllTideUp Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Alabama
Watched a little Wrestlemania on ESPN last night.

Didn't hate it.

All in all, I'm taking time to catch up on movies or a book here and there. The sports world is a wasteland.
03-23-2020 02:53 PM
sierrajip Offline
Heisman

I Root For: UCF
Have older UCF games on DVR. It is not live, but , as a fan can really enjoy watching them again. I have the 2013 games also.
(This post was last modified: 03-26-2020 12:09 AM by sierrajip.)
03-26-2020 12:09 AM
Thiefery Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: TEXAS
Wonder if cable companies are getting higher numbers across the board outside of sports channels who take a bat to them during negotiations.
03-26-2020 08:23 AM
georgia_tech_swagger Offline
Res publica non dominetur

I Root For: GT, USCU, FU, WYO

SkunkworksFolding@NCAAbbsNCAAbbs LUGCrappies
(03-22-2020 07:02 PM)TerpsNPhoenix Wrote:  Saw this and was like....YES.

https://twitter.com/vnicastro/status/124...97857?s=19

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

Regardless of the tone it strikes, it's got a point. While I imagine Netflix and YouTube are through the roof it wouldn't surprise me if regular ole cable TV viewing was down.
03-26-2020 08:25 AM
Gamecock Offline
All American

I Root For: South Carolina
(03-22-2020 06:48 PM)IWokeUpLikeThis Wrote:  
(03-22-2020 06:24 PM)quo vadis Wrote:  Everyone is scraping the barrel. Simulation events are coming.

Yeah, even CBS/NBC/ABC/FOX might not be able to film their big fall shows.

CBS airs reality gameshow Big Brother 3 nights a week in the summer, and it looks extremely unlikely that season will happen. Forget all the staffers needed for operations, just to cast the season they’d need to fly 50 or so people to LA for finals to pick the cast, and that’s not doable.

I know Amazing Race had to basically cancel their season, so that won't be coming out for sure.

Even scripted shows are all on hiatus right now and unless this lifts soon they'll all probably be pushed back to next spring or skip a season.

We might be watching a lot of cartoons this fall because that's about all that can be produced.
03-26-2020 08:28 AM
Hokie Mark Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: VT, ACC teams
(03-26-2020 08:28 AM)Gamecock Wrote:  We might be watching a lot of cartoons this fall because that's about all that can be produced.

02-13-banana
03-26-2020 10:43 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Captain Bearcat Offline
All-American in Everything

I Root For: UC
(03-26-2020 10:43 AM)Hokie Mark Wrote:  
(03-26-2020 08:28 AM)Gamecock Wrote:  We might be watching a lot of cartoons this fall because that's about all that can be produced.

02-13-banana

Even as a kid, I wondered why they kept making so many new tv shows.

Some shows are topical (Tonight Show, SNL, M.A.S.H., etc) and don't translate well to other eras. But most shows are timeless. The Office, Friends, The A-Team, or I Love Lucy are all just as entertaining today as they were back then.

It's been 65 years since TV became truly mainstream (mid-1950s). There's so much high-quality content in the network vaults that it's impossible for anyone to say they've seen it all.
03-26-2020 05:19 PM
DoubleRSU Offline
All American

I Root For: Seattle U
(03-26-2020 05:19 PM)Captain Bearcat Wrote:  
(03-26-2020 10:43 AM)Hokie Mark Wrote:  

02-13-banana

Even as a kid, I wondered why they kept making so many new tv shows.

Some shows are topical (Tonight Show, SNL, M.A.S.H., etc) and don't translate well to other eras. But most shows are timeless. The Office, Friends, The A-Team, or I Love Lucy are all just as entertaining today as they were back then.

It's been 65 years since TV became truly mainstream (mid-1950s). There's so much high-quality content in the network vaults that it's impossible for anyone to say they've seen it all.

I have never heard anyone mention they’re binge watching the A-Team or I Love Lucy. Those aren’t even close to The Office or Friends in terms of repeat viewings today.
03-26-2020 06:20 PM
UCGrad1992 Offline
Legend

I Root For: Bearcats U

03-26-2020 06:26 PM
Renandpat Offline
1st String

I Root For: Central State
(03-22-2020 06:07 PM)Hokie Mark Wrote:  THIS IS NOT A JOKE (OK, well it is... but it's also REAL):

ESPN2 Celebrates "National Puppy Day" Monday with a puppy marathon.
Quote:Man’s Best Friend will take center stage on Monday night, March 23, as ESPN2 celebrates “National Puppy Day” with six hours of dog-related programming in prime time beginning at 6 p.m. ET.

I could not make this stuff up if I tried.

After three days of introspection, why do you hate puppies?
03-26-2020 09:10 PM
Hokie Mark Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: VT, ACC teams
(03-26-2020 09:10 PM)Renandpat Wrote:  
(03-22-2020 06:07 PM)Hokie Mark Wrote:  THIS IS NOT A JOKE (OK, well it is... but it's also REAL):

ESPN2 Celebrates "National Puppy Day" Monday with a puppy marathon.
Quote:Man’s Best Friend will take center stage on Monday night, March 23, as ESPN2 celebrates “National Puppy Day” with six hours of dog-related programming in prime time beginning at 6 p.m. ET.

I could not make this stuff up if I tried.

After three days of introspection, why do you hate puppies?

I love puppies - in real life. I hate shows about puppies.

OTOH, a cat-throwing contest might be worth watching...
05-stirthepot
03-26-2020 09:56 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.