Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)
Open TigerLinks

Football ticket renewal - will there be a 2020 season?
Bookmark and Share
covingtontiger Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Memphis Tigers

Donators
Exclamation Football ticket renewal - will there be a 2020 season?
I'm holding paperwork to renew my football tickets for the coming season. Linked to that would be my Tiger Scholarship Fund donation that is due by mid-May.

I'm looking at the chaos that this pandemic is creating and I'm not sending in any money at this time. Questions I have include:

1. Can the U of M hold to the current deadlines for TSF donations and football ticket renewal? Given the economic chaos we are seeing, my personal opinion is that both deadlines will have to be pushed back.

2. What do you think the odds are that the pandemic abates enough to allow the NCAA to play football this year?

3. Would you feel safe in a crowd of 20,000 to 50,000 people by the time the season is supposed to open?

I'd like to see some serious discussion among Tiger fans about these issues. We might even be able to influence some future decisions by the University.
03-21-2020 04:48 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

AlonsoWDC Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Memphis
RE: Football ticket renewal - will there be a 2020 season?
Really poor taste for Normal Street to distribute this paperwork this week.

Take a few weeks off and let's go from there.
03-21-2020 05:00 PM
k2tigers Offline
Hall of Famer

Donators
(03-21-2020 04:48 PM)covingtontiger Wrote:  I'm holding paperwork to renew my football tickets for the coming season. Linked to that would be my Tiger Scholarship Fund donation that is due by mid-May.

I'm looking at the chaos that this pandemic is creating and I'm not sending in any money at this time. Questions I have include:

1. Can the U of M hold to the current deadlines for TSF donations and football ticket renewal? Given the economic chaos we are seeing, my personal opinion is that both deadlines will have to be pushed back.

2. What do you think the odds are that the pandemic abates enough to allow the NCAA to play football this year?

3. Would you feel safe in a crowd of 20,000 to 50,000 people by the time the season is supposed to open?

I'd like to see some serious discussion among Tiger fans about these issues. We might even be able to influence some future decisions by the University.

Wolken just chimed in....good thoughts

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/co...892279001/
03-21-2020 05:30 PM
tigerbologna Offline
Banned

I Root For: Tigers
1. The University will absolutely extend this. Seems like a nobrainer honestly, it’s their system to do whatever they want.

2. Optimistically we as a society should be back to normal within 6 months but without spring ball and summer camp/practice I just don’t see how well prepared teams can be. There’s a whole lot that goes into a season and a rushed approach may not be worth it...quality wise or physically for the players.

3. I would feel safe returning to the LB to resume this incredible run as the best team in the state!! Go Tigers!!

The fan in me really wants this season to happen but logistically I understand if it just gets cancelled. Which would suck because I upgraded to chairbacks this season!!
03-21-2020 06:26 PM
Sundanceuiuc Away
Hall of Famer

I Root For: .
I'd bet against it.
03-21-2020 07:42 PM
MvETigers Offline
Special Teams

I'd bet for it to happen as scheduled.

I think there is a lot of optimism for things to turn around more quickly than not. Some hints of sunshine in the future. But, I guess we will just have to take it as it is.

I think as long as they are able to practice by June, the season will be fine. If it pushes back to July, it will make it a little rougher. As long as the first week of August, it will be like it was just a decade ago. Teams didn't meet nearly as often over the summer and new players were expected to come in and learn the system from the first weeks of practice.
03-21-2020 08:08 PM
Advertisement

Herff Tiger Offline
Heisman

I Root For: T-I-G-E-R-S
We're coming off a 12-2 season, with a Cotton Bowl appearance, the greatest season in Tiger football history (modern college football history at least).
White is coming back.
Coxie is coming back.
There is a highly touted RB, Asa Martin, who will compliment or exceed Gainwell.
We have an experienced, talented team returning.

=

OF COURSE the season will be CANCELLED!!!!!!

Tiger sports luck.
03-21-2020 09:23 PM
Mimi Offline
Who farted??

I Root For: reasonableness
Today, I would put college football starting on time at about 33%.

Nearly 800 Italians died today from CV19, a continued exponential increase. If their upward trend continues it will be permanently altering. Hopefully it won’t.

Maybe we avoid that in the US.

Gotta pay the price now to get there in the summer. Hope I am wrong about the season being lost.
03-21-2020 10:23 PM
ImaTiger Offline
We fight like Tigers!

I Root For: I am a 901Tiger
We'll... I guarantee I will be a tailgate'n...
03-21-2020 10:55 PM
SpiderMan79x Offline
All American

I Root For: Memphis Tigers
Six weeks ago, if you would have told me that we would be where we are with this virus, cancellations, quarantines, etc then I would have thought you were crazy. At the rate this is going, unless there is a huge breakthrough in the near future, it wouldn't surprise me at all if it's cancelled or at the very least postponed.
03-22-2020 05:13 AM
Tigerx3 Offline
Hall of Famer

It’s way to early to make predictions for anything in the fall. No doubt the donation and ticket purchase deadlines will be extended.

I paid mine, moved to 50 yardline seats and increased the number of tickets. If the season gets cancelled I’ll get a refund.
03-22-2020 07:34 AM
Advertisement

bluebacker Away
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Close Games

Donators
I'm hopeful that 'social distancing' is a bad memory by the end of May.
03-22-2020 08:36 AM
2tigers Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: U of M and LSU
(03-22-2020 07:34 AM)Tigerx3 Wrote:  It’s way to early to make predictions for anything in the fall. No doubt the donation and ticket purchase deadlines will be extended.

I paid mine, moved to 50 yardline seats and increased the number of tickets. If the season gets cancelled I’ll get a refund.

I have done the same thing but if the season is canceled. I will not ask for a refund because the Athletic Department will still the donations.
03-22-2020 09:00 AM
mairving Offline
Ignant Homer

(03-21-2020 09:23 PM)Herff Tiger Wrote:  We're coming off a 12-2 season, with a Cotton Bowl appearance, the greatest season in Tiger football history (modern college football history at least).
White is coming back.
Coxie is coming back.
There is a highly touted RB, Asa Martin, who will compliment or exceed Gainwell.
We have an experienced, talented team returning.

=

OF COURSE the season will be CANCELLED!!!!!!

Tiger sports luck.

Exceed Gainwell? C'mon man.
03-22-2020 02:15 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
UMTiger02 Offline
All American

I Root For: Tigers & Uggla
There will be a season. Of course
03-22-2020 03:58 PM
AlonsoWDC Offline
Hall of Famer

I tend to agree, but it is outright foolish to think of course.
03-22-2020 03:59 PM
Advertisement

k2tigers Offline
Hall of Famer

Donators
If there's no college season, then no NFL season and vice versa....I shudder to even think about that
03-22-2020 04:05 PM
ImaTiger Offline
We fight like Tigers!

I Root For: I am a 901Tiger
My tiger friends, have a little faith in our medical community. By August, worst case we have a 7 day pill that sets this crap on its ass, best case we have a vaccine. Crowds will be smaller but there will be a football season.
03-22-2020 05:19 PM
k2tigers Offline
Hall of Famer

Donators
excerpts from AAC, SEC AD's

https://www.thescore.com/ncaaf/news/1966492
03-22-2020 05:21 PM
GoDownSwinging Offline
Special Teams

This is weird but we are in mid-March, still roughly over 4 months away from media days and the start of fall camp. Everything will determine on what the NBA, MLB, and NHL will do. It's crazy to think that there was baseball spring training games last week, to being potentially a 81 game season this year. If they do play baseball, then they will play college football.

I never there will be over 500 people in the state of Tennessee that has tested positive for the Coronavirous. Also, for our athletic department to continue to function and flow properly, we do need college football. As weird as this sounds, not having baseball and softball season at Memphis, will benefit our program with no longer having to worry about things such as hotel rooms, charter buses and plane tickets for the athletes, food for the players on the road. Needless to say, our athletic department is saving money.

But we also need money in a way. Like we need to play Purdue so we get that check, but these FCS schools like UT-Martin will also need football season so they can get their checks from Alabama and Memphis, who are the teams they'll play in the FBS. I do believe we will play football. They're now pretty much forcing us to stay home with the closure of gyms, restaurants, and clothing stores.
03-22-2020 05:22 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.