WMU Broncos

Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

China Rx
gobaseline Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
China Rx
https://www.c-span.org/video/?470077-5/w...ving-drugs

A lot being said about having a war mentality as it pertains to battling this pandemic.

Most would agree war isn’t exclusively fought with military weapons. Those weapons are unnerving enough.

What about an uncontrolled pandemic? How would you feel about the loss of power to heat/cool buildings, light streets, power communications?

For George Bailey in a It’s a Wonderful life it was a run on the bank. How’s your 401(k) doing? Is your pension underfunded?

Are you able to get the maintenance drugs you, your children or your parents need. Any recalls and those items you need?

Interesting conversation on C-SPAN talking about lack of the manufacturing of pharmaceuticals in the United States primarily as a result of being undercut by the Chinese dumping their product abroad under cutting pricing as a result moving up their competition and then raising the prices and holding people hostage.

At the 12:50 mark the guest makes note of what if there’s a major health crisis like a pandemic? How are the Chinese monopoly manufacturing pharmaceuticals play out?

Prophetic or simply logic?

I believe this interview was in December of last year.
03-17-2020 11:36 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

RunningGame Offline
All American

I Root For: WMU
RE: China Rx
Simple logic appears prophetic in these needlessly complicated times.

One important lesson we should take away is that while autarky is not truly possible or beneficial, basing so much of your commerce in one nation with imperial designs and a hatred of our way of life is recklessly irresponsible.
03-18-2020 09:06 AM
Advertisement

MileHighBronco Offline
Legend

I Root For: Broncos
This has been mentioned many times before in D.C. but now takes on much more importance and urgency due to the pandemic. I hope that we can get some clarity and maybe explore how we can bring the manufacturing of these drugs back here. The Chinese are not our friends. If it wasn't clear before to people, hopefully it is becoming more clear.

China is to blame for this global pandemic due to their bungled response, suppression of information, jailing of doctors who blew the whistle and tried to warn the world, jailing of reporters and citizen journalists and casting of blame elsewhere, including the U.S. Now they are kicking U.S. journalists out of China. That authoritarian government sucks and is pulling the rest of the world into its suckage. NOTE: This is not about the people of China, it is about their terrible government.
(This post was last modified: 03-18-2020 05:02 PM by MileHighBronco.)
03-18-2020 05:01 PM
gobaseline Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
You could win a war without firing a single shot.

Blood pressure medication laced with rocket fuel.

https://www.nytimes.com/2008/03/30/weeki...anich.html
Heparin scare.
03-19-2020 06:31 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.