UAB Blazers

Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Support UAB Athletics through Amazon Smile
blazerjay Offline

I Root For: UAB
Donators
Smile Support UAB Athletics through Amazon Smile
For those of you that frequent Amazon to the detriment of the local economy, they offer a little known program to raise money for non-profit organizations.

It's easy and doesn't cost you anything extra. The only difference is you have to enter their website from smile.amazon.com. Your current login and account information remains the same.

Here's how you do it:

1. Type smile.amazon.com into your browser address bar, hit enter and then login with your amazon credentials.

[Image: Picture1-1.png]

2. After logging in the first time, you will be directed to the page below:

[Image: Picture2.png]

3. Under the heading “Or pick your own charitable organization” enter “UAB” then click “Search” . Several UAB charitable options will appear, including the Athletics Foundation and the Alumni Society. Click select next to the UAB Athletics Foundation.

4. You will be redirected to the page below. Check the box next to “Yes” and then click “Start Shopping”

[Image: Picture5.png]

That’s all there is to it. Just be sure to visit smile.amazon.com every time you normally visit Amazon to make sure your eligible purchases are having a portion of the price donated to the UAB Athletics Foundation.
(This post was last modified: 03-31-2022 10:21 AM by blazerjay.)
02-13-2020 12:25 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

hooverblazer Offline
Promoter of UAB

RE: Support UAB Athletics through Amazon Smile
Pretty cool. What portion of the sale is donated?
02-13-2020 01:28 PM
Marathon Blazer Offline
Heisman

(02-13-2020 01:28 PM)hooverblazer Wrote:  Pretty cool. What portion of the sale is donated?

0.5%
02-13-2020 02:48 PM
KevMo4UAB Offline
#FreeUAB

Just used it.
02-13-2020 03:05 PM
THE_LEGEND Offline
1st String

i had already set mine up last year for Wounded Warriors Project

to change it, I had to

click "Accounts & Lists"

click "Your AmazonSmiles"

follow Blazerjay's steps
02-13-2020 07:20 PM
Advertisement

notnow Offline
1st String

I have been doing this for a while now. I would be interested to know how this has worked out.
Is there anyone that can figure that out?
I spend a couple thousand or more. $10 for UAB each year. Maybe more.
05-12-2021 12:56 PM
BlazerFromMD Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UAB, USNA
It looks like the UAB Athletics Foundation doesn't have the Amazon account set up properly, because the giving page says they've received "$0.00":

Quote:Why hasn't my charity received donations yet?
There are several reasons why a charity’s donation amount may be zero. Donations are issued four times per year (February, May, August, November) for donations generated in the previous quarters. If the balance is under $5.00, donation deposits will be issued only once per year. If an organization has not completed charity account registration and provided Amazon with a valid bank account to receive donation deposits, Amazon is unable to issue donations and in this case Amazon reaches out to assist them in registration completion.

Charities are able to request removal from the AmazonSmile program and when this happens, customers will be notified to select a new charity. If your selected charity does not meet AmazonSmile eligibility requirements, customers will also be notified and asked to select a new charity. For these cases where Amazon is not able to issue donations, after customers select a new charity to support, Amazon will reallocate the donation amounts previously generated by customers to the new charity the customer selects.

Someone who knows someone needs to ask something.
(This post was last modified: 12-10-2021 12:24 PM by BlazerFromMD.)
12-10-2021 12:21 PM
BlazerFromMD Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UAB, USNA
They're still not on top of it. I guess the Vol crayon eater isn't quite the fundraiser he's alleged to be, because if they can't stay on top of the easy stuff...

"We’re sorry. Uab Athletics Foundation has not completed its AmazonSmile registration and therefore we have been unable to issue donations to the organization.
Since we have not been able to successfully issue the donations based on your previous AmazonSmile purchases, we have been holding these donations. Please select a different charity to support and AmazonSmile will issue the donation amount generated as a result of your previous purchases to the new charity you select."

I guess I'll switch to Paralyzed Veterans of America.
07-25-2022 03:01 PM
blazerjay Offline

Donators
(07-25-2022 03:01 PM)BlazerFromMD Wrote:  They're still not on top of it. I guess the Vol crayon eater isn't quite the fundraiser he's alleged to be, because if they can't stay on top of the easy stuff...

"We’re sorry. Uab Athletics Foundation has not completed its AmazonSmile registration and therefore we have been unable to issue donations to the organization.
Since we have not been able to successfully issue the donations based on your previous AmazonSmile purchases, we have been holding these donations. Please select a different charity to support and AmazonSmile will issue the donation amount generated as a result of your previous purchases to the new charity you select."

I guess I'll switch to Paralyzed Veterans of America.

Unfortunately, I'm not surprised.
07-25-2022 03:37 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.