Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

2020 XFL Thread
Love and Honor Offline
Skipper

I Root For: Miami, MACtion
2020 XFL Thread
About to kickoff in DC in front of what looks like a decent crowd (albeit in an MLS stadium). Will it be a disaster or fun? AAF levels off incompetence or stability? We'll find out. Go Battlehawks.
02-08-2020 02:06 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

georgia_tech_swagger Offline
Res publica non dominetur

I Root For: GT, USCU, FU, WYO

SkunkworksFolding@NCAAbbsNCAAbbs LUGCrappies
2020 XFL Thread
I think the kickoff isn't bad in terms of trade off between safety and incentizing returns.

Sent from my ZTE A2017U using CSNbbs mobile app
02-08-2020 02:40 PM
Chappy Offline
Resident Goonie

I Root For: ECU
RE: 2020 XFL Thread
UAB might want to look into a trademark infringement case
02-08-2020 03:11 PM
Advertisement

It's definitely better to have a small but full stadium than a big but mostly empty stadium. Wise choice in venue by DC.
02-08-2020 04:35 PM

Are they piping in booing or are the DC fans that fickle that they'll boo a failed convert when up two scores?
02-08-2020 04:39 PM
Advertisement

Somebody is going to punch a sideline reporter with these instant interviews. Hey you just fumbled the ball, what are thoughts on that disaster you just perpetrated? *sticks mic in face*
02-08-2020 06:47 PM
Love and Honor Offline
Skipper

(02-08-2020 06:47 PM)georgia_tech_swagger Wrote:  Somebody is going to punch a sideline reporter with these instant interviews. Hey you just fumbled the ball, what are thoughts on that disaster you just perpetrated? *sticks mic in face*

On one level I admire the trolling, but on the other all those interviews got old fast.

I love the new kickoff and PAT formats. Hopefully the NFL makes note.
02-09-2020 01:05 PM
Advertisement

Love and Honor Offline
Skipper

(02-08-2020 04:35 PM)georgia_tech_swagger Wrote:  It's definitely better to have a small but full stadium than a big but mostly empty stadium. Wise choice in venue by DC.

Yeah after seeing the NY and Dallas games today that especially rings true. Don't know why they didn't go with their respective MLS stadiums; same issue will happen to St. Louis, Tampa, and Seattle, none of them have a soccer or nearby college facility though.
02-09-2020 06:24 PM
BePcr07 Offline
All American

I Root For: Boise St & Zags
(02-08-2020 03:11 PM)Chappy Wrote:  UAB might want to look into a trademark infringement case

It is very similar but that’s a difficult case to make that Seattle copied a fire-breathing green dragon.
02-10-2020 09:10 AM
Advertisement

DaSaintFan Offline
Dum' Sutherner in Midwest!

I Root For: Southern Miss
(02-09-2020 06:24 PM)Love and Honor Wrote:  
(02-08-2020 04:35 PM)georgia_tech_swagger Wrote:  It's definitely better to have a small but full stadium than a big but mostly empty stadium. Wise choice in venue by DC.

Yeah after seeing the NY and Dallas games today that especially rings true. Don't know why they didn't go with their respective MLS stadiums; same issue will happen to St. Louis, Tampa, and Seattle, none of them have a soccer or nearby college facility though.

Ours will probably be moved to Square-Stadium when it's completed, the dome is only temporary.

I will say, yep, the interview process... someone better have the 7-second delay button ready, although it's better than the cookie-cutter halftime interviews.

The one big issue: Refs have to spot the ball quicker. Players were ready to adjust to the 25 second clock, as I saw a few times when the team was already up on the line and ready to go, and there was no ref and no ball. That's not going to make the game run any faster right now.

Probably find some more nitpicks along the way, but that was my big one.
02-10-2020 09:20 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
vandiver49 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: USNA/UTK
So my question is this:

One of XFL’s goals is obviously to peel done talent away for CFB. How do you square that with 24-30 y.o. that aren’t quite good enough for the NFL and find their way to this level. What is that 19 year old Left Tackle going to do against that 27 year old DEnd?
02-10-2020 12:36 PM

(02-10-2020 12:36 PM)vandiver49 Wrote:  So my question is this:

One of XFL’s goals is obviously to peel done talent away for CFB. How do you square that with 24-30 y.o. that aren’t quite good enough for the NFL and find their way to this level. What is that 19 year old Left Tackle going to do against that 27 year old DEnd?

People play BYU don't they? 02-13-banana
02-11-2020 01:51 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.