Kent State Golden Flashes

Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Kent State vs. Ball State
fallsdog Offline
All American

I Root For: Kent State
Kent State vs. Ball State
The Flashes host James Whitford's Ball State Cardinals on Tuesday Night at the MAC Center. BSU is coming off a win over Ohio University and currently sits at 12-9, 5-3. Both teams have a slim margin for error which is magnified for KSU because it is a home game. The key to beating these guys is limiting Tajjai Teague. The 6'8 senior leads Ball State in scoring and in rebounding. In fact, he should be in the conversation for Conference MVP.

Kent State 78
Ball State 70
Mitch Peterson gets some minutes and takes advantage to the tune of 13 points.

Go Flashes!
02-03-2020 09:35 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

KSUforever Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: Kent State Univ
RE: Kent State vs. Ball State
Fallsdog, I love the optimism and I see close to a 10 point win. 13 for Mitch? He cannot do that in 2 games combined. I understand the things not found in a stat sheet. But thats highly optimistic.
02-03-2020 12:13 PM
fallsdog Offline
All American

I am highly caffeinated.
02-03-2020 01:19 PM
burden Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
For the record I am always highly caffeinated. It effects my putting every summer.
02-03-2020 08:58 PM
KSUforever Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: Kent State Univ
Santiago should be back tonight. We need to see him in the rotation.
02-04-2020 11:12 AM
Tom D Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: Ball State
If Kent scores over 65 you win. BSU is all defense right now.Goal will be hold you under 60. A big plus for BSU would be Walton playing been out with sore ankle for 6 wks yet is practicing & will probably be dressed and dunking in pregame. He is the most athletic player BSU has. I doubt he plays.
02-04-2020 01:06 PM
Advertisement

GFlash68 Offline
All American

Crappies
Do not sleep on BSU. They do have athletes. We will score more than 65, probably 72.
02-04-2020 02:27 PM
AlphaFlash Offline
All American

I Root For: Kent St. & UNC
35-28 at half. We abandandoned an inside game that was working and handed over 20 points. Then went 1-10 from three. I'd like to know the reason for that???
02-04-2020 08:00 PM
JimJoyce Offline
1st String

I Root For: KT ST
Well Kent will need 37 points in the second half to get to 65 after that horrific final 10 minutes.
02-04-2020 08:00 PM
AlphaFlash Offline
All American

We abandoned a decent inside game and went 1-10 from three. I've never seen us hand over 20 points like that. I really hope there's a good reason for that.
02-04-2020 08:03 PM
Tom D Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: Ball State
I must admit the way Kent looked early I thought they would top 60 & win. Quite a change.
02-04-2020 09:03 PM
Advertisement

ilovegymnast Offline
All American

I'm not one to point fingers but if Mitch would've scored the 13 points that fallsdog predicted Kent would've won by 5. Next game I think we need to send the prediction to the team so they know what they are supposed to do.
02-04-2020 09:27 PM
anti-zip Offline
All American

I Root For: kent state!
We played like crap after the first 10 minutes and deserved to lose. You're not going to win shooting 1-20 from three and it wasn't just a bad shooting night, it was a bad shot taking night. Horrible shot selection and no flow to the offense.

And now... The refs...
I said after the Akron game the one thing I would give them credit for was they let players and coaches vent. Missing a call and compounding it by throwing a tech is an absolute game changer in a close game. When we finally made a run, got it within 5, then Simons take a three and falls, no call, then the outcome of the play is a tech on Simons and a foul on Williams... That's ballgame. From where I was sitting it looked like an obvious foul. A few minutes before they called a light contact foul on a BSU 3 point shot. A friend of mine watching on TV texted me he that it was a foul. To not call that, then turn around and give BSU the ball and 2 free throws. It was a 7 point swing in a 5 point game. That's a game changer. And on top of that we had momentum and what little crowd there was was getting into the game... Then that's all stopped for a lengthy review. Bad calls happen on both ends all the time but a bad call is normally ruining one possesion. This one was the equivalent of three possesions. Absolute trash job by the refs tonight. It's games like these the refs should have to pick up their game check in a ski mask.

Ok... Vent over. Last comment. To the guys in the corner that make the funny shirts. The "Pippen ain't easy" and "Mitch Please" shirts. Next shirt needs to be "Duncle Phil". Don't let the fact that Phil doesn't dunk cloud how great of a nickname that would be.
02-04-2020 09:28 PM
Albert Flasher Offline
2nd String

Pathetic & embarrassing performance all around. Displayed mental ineptness.

Maybe they could learn something from the women's golf team on how to persevere. BTW, congrats to them on winning [again].

Grade: F-

#GoFlashes
02-04-2020 09:35 PM
AlphaFlash Offline
All American

I can't get over what I just saw. I've never left a game this outraged. Senderhof's teams have this way to play amazing ball, then out of nowhere, stop. Stop scoring. Stop playing defense, then get frustrated and play stupid. There was a hint of this against NIU, but tonight was a complete turnaround. We handed over 20 points and blow a 13 point lead. Then come out of half and let BS drain a three.
Blame the refs for the game? This one was on us. At what point do we stop shooting threes and got back to what worked? 1 for 5? 1 for 7? 1 for 10? Yet we just keep putting them up. Whittington was the best player we had tonight. However, no-no-no. We need to shoot threes.
02-04-2020 09:43 PM
anti-zip Offline
All American

To be clear, I'm not blaming the refs for the loss. We played like absolute crap from 10 minutes in until the end (as I stated above). I'm just pointing out that call was absolutely changed the way the last 10 minutes or so played out. That's the type of thing good refs avoid doing unless the player absolutely gives them no choice.
02-04-2020 09:48 PM
Advertisement

AlphaFlash Offline
All American

(02-04-2020 09:48 PM)anti-zip Wrote:  To be clear, I'm not blaming the refs for the loss. We played like absolute crap from 10 minutes in until the end (as I stated above). I'm just pointing out that call was absolutely changed the way the last 10 minutes or so played out. That's the type of thing good refs avoid doing unless the player absolutely gives them no choice.

No man. I wasn't pointing you out on that. I had the conversation with a guy right before leaving the MACC, and it just carried over to when I got home. But you're right. That call happened at the time we were trying to rally.
02-04-2020 09:55 PM
anti-zip Offline
All American

(02-04-2020 09:55 PM)AlphaFlash Wrote:  
(02-04-2020 09:48 PM)anti-zip Wrote:  To be clear, I'm not blaming the refs for the loss. We played like absolute crap from 10 minutes in until the end (as I stated above). I'm just pointing out that call was absolutely changed the way the last 10 minutes or so played out. That's the type of thing good refs avoid doing unless the player absolutely gives them no choice.

No man. I wasn't pointing you out on that. I had the conversation with a guy right before leaving the MACC, and it just carried over to when I got home. But you're right. That call happened at the time we were trying to rally.

Ah gotcha.
02-04-2020 10:08 PM
fallsdog Offline
All American

54 points. Well done!
02-04-2020 10:34 PM
JimJoyce Offline
1st String

I Root For: KT ST
Ok, I’m trying something new where I try and breathe before responding. Here goes.

I think Rob Senderoff is a terrific coach. I think he is much better than anyone will ever give him credit for. He has provided this program some great stability. But his weakness was on full display tonight. He just doesn’t hold players accountable - at least that I can see. How many times this year has Troy Simons been T’d up in the critical moments of a game? Tonight makes at least four. And yet he plays 38 minutes? I might be able to see if he was giving you 25 points a night, but he isn’t. It’s a selfish play and it’s been a problem for him all year and throughout his career. But he gets away with it. It’s embarrassing and very hard to root for.

It was a terrible performance all the way around. By the coaches, players and fans. You mean to tell me 4,000 people could make it at 6:30 on a Friday night but not at 7:00 on a Tuesday for a game equally as important? Pathetic.

No player in Kent State history has regressed worse than Mitch Peterson. His shot is hard to watch.

The better team won tonight.
02-04-2020 11:27 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.