Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

WAC Tournament Tickets & Orleans Group Code
Bookmark and Share
joshadam84 Offline

I Root For: Chicago State
WAC Tournament Tickets & Orleans Group Code
Hey all --

I've been browsing many of the schools websites, and haven't seen an announcement of the school's WAC Tournament ticket allotment being up for purchase yet. Anyone seen something different?? Seems awfully late to me.. I know Chicago State was still awaiting their allotment when I had last reached out.

Also, any word on a group code for the Orleans? Again, no luck in finding anything on this either.

Thanks!
01-26-2020 05:47 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

PojoaquePosse Offline
Blowhard

I Root For: NMSU
RE: WAC Tournament Tickets & Orleans Group Code
From Aggie Alert:

Just an FYI that tickets have been released to the schools for sale. Different this year are Silver, Gold and Bronze sections. In previous years the purple cool aid drinkers were pretty much relegated to the end zone (Bronze). I mention this because GCU is offering students Gold seating at the price of Silver, which is going to put the GCU students in areas we previously didn't have to deal with them. I called in to GCU and the sections they are offering are 101 -102 (Silver) and 103 (Gold). Patrick at the NMSU ticket office indicated NMSU sections are designated as 104-105 although to his understanding all seats are GA in that with a Gold ticket you can sit in any Gold seat, ect. ect. From my perspective I dont see how they can keep a Silver Ticket out of a Gold seat but we will see.

Further, the Orleans Arena is stating there are a limited number of rooms available for Monday through Thursday at a rate of $65 and $125 per night for Friday and Saturday. These are considerably below the standard rates that are up this year due to a major convention in town the same weekend. Having already secured my rooms I can't tell you if these discount rooms are still available. The required code for the discounted rooms is AOWAC03.

Here's a link to the WAC tournament page...

https://wacsports.com/sports/mbkb/2019-2...e-now.html

Here's a seating map of the Orleans Arena. Gold sections this year are 103 - 105 and 115 - 117. There's a newer map with the different levels of pricing on the above WAC link but I was unable to get it to load here.

.gif  9042371.gif (Size: 26.38 KB / Downloads: 3)
(This post was last modified: 01-27-2020 09:42 AM by PojoaquePosse.)
01-27-2020 09:39 AM
joshadam84 Offline

(01-27-2020 09:39 AM)PojoaquePosse Wrote:  From Aggie Alert:

Just an FYI that tickets have been released to the schools for sale. Different this year are Silver, Gold and Bronze sections. In previous years the purple cool aid drinkers were pretty much relegated to the end zone (Bronze). I mention this because GCU is offering students Gold seating at the price of Silver, which is going to put the GCU students in areas we previously didn't have to deal with them. I called in to GCU and the sections they are offering are 101 -102 (Silver) and 103 (Gold). Patrick at the NMSU ticket office indicated NMSU sections are designated as 104-105 although to his understanding all seats are GA in that with a Gold ticket you can sit in any Gold seat, ect. ect. From my perspective I dont see how they can keep a Silver Ticket out of a Gold seat but we will see.

Further, the Orleans Arena is stating there are a limited number of rooms available for Monday through Thursday at a rate of $65 and $125 per night for Friday and Saturday. These are considerably below the standard rates that are up this year due to a major convention in town the same weekend. Having already secured my rooms I can't tell you if these discount rooms are still available. The required code for the discounted rooms is AOWAC03.

Here's a link to the WAC tournament page...

https://wacsports.com/sports/mbkb/2019-2...e-now.html

Here's a seating map of the Orleans Arena. Gold sections this year are 103 - 105 and 115 - 117. There's a newer map with the different levels of pricing on the above WAC link but I was unable to get it to load here.

Thanks for the info, Pojoaque. Unfortunately, the darn group code isn’t working. If nothing comes out soon, I may end up having to call and see. Appreciate the info!
01-27-2020 12:49 PM
joshadam84 Offline

I found the same group code mentioned on GCU’s website a few months back.. so they’re apparently sold out. I checked every other conference member.. and never did see an announcement. Oh well.. guess I’ll end up saving some money this year.
01-29-2020 05:59 PM
PojoaquePosse Offline
Blowhard

I Root For: NMSU
(01-29-2020 05:59 PM)joshadam84 Wrote:  I found the same group code mentioned on GCU’s website a few months back.. so they’re apparently sold out. I checked every other conference member.. and never did see an announcement. Oh well.. guess I’ll end up saving some money this year.

Did you call the Orleans directly and ask them?
01-30-2020 10:07 AM
Advertisement

gleadley Offline
1st String

I Root For: GCU
(01-26-2020 05:47 PM)joshadam84 Wrote:  Hey all --

I've been browsing many of the schools websites, and haven't seen an announcement of the school's WAC Tournament ticket allotment being up for purchase yet. Anyone seen something different?? Seems awfully late to me.. I know Chicago State was still awaiting their allotment when I had last reached out.

Also, any word on a group code for the Orleans? Again, no luck in finding anything on this either.

Thanks!

I got great advice one time that the best way to get the cheapest WAC Tournament ticket is don't buy them until you get to the Orleans on Day 1. Every school has a table set up in the lobby and those who have not sold through their allotment are usually selling them at discounted rates. I've never had to take advantage of that myself, but have definitely seen them set up and selling.

Another option would be showing up at the Orleans without tickets and offering to by them from the fans of teams that lose on the first day and are headed home. Likely GCU, tbh. Hahaha.
01-30-2020 10:43 AM
joshadam84 Offline

(01-30-2020 10:07 AM)PojoaquePosse Wrote:  
(01-29-2020 05:59 PM)joshadam84 Wrote:  I found the same group code mentioned on GCU’s website a few months back.. so they’re apparently sold out. I checked every other conference member.. and never did see an announcement. Oh well.. guess I’ll end up saving some money this year.

Did you call the Orleans directly and ask them?

Yeah, I called yesterday and with that conference going on at the same time they didn’t have rooms for the full tournament. 2 days were sold out completely and 2 days are still available, but not at the group code price.
01-30-2020 11:26 AM
MCanaday9 Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: UVU, UMKC
(01-30-2020 10:43 AM)gleadley Wrote:  

Thanks!

I got great advice one time that the best way to get the cheapest WAC Tournament ticket is don't buy them until you get to the Orleans on Day 1. Every school has a table set up in the lobby and those who have not sold through their allotment are usually selling them at discounted rates. I've never had to take advantage of that myself, but have definitely seen them set up and selling.

Another option would be showing up at the Orleans without tickets and offering to by them from the fans of teams that lose on the first day and are headed home. Likely GCU, tbh. Hahaha.

Gleadley is 100% right. The schools don't really make any money when people buy them at the Orleans box office, so they don't care that they sell them well below what Orleans sells them for. Obviously it used to be easier and cheaper when the #1 seed got a bye bc that team had so many Day 1 session passes to sell. But, it still works...
01-30-2020 01:46 PM
joshadam84 Offline

(01-30-2020 01:46 PM)MCanaday9 Wrote:  
(01-30-2020 10:43 AM)gleadley Wrote:  

Thanks!

Gleadley is 100% right. The schools don't really make any money when people buy them at the Orleans box office, so they don't care that they sell them well below what Orleans sells them for. Obviously it used to be easier and cheaper when the #1 seed got a bye bc that team had so many Day 1 session passes to sell. But, it still works...

Good to know on the tickets— thanks to you both. Still debating on whether I’ll fork over a little more on hotel elsewhere. Wife may have something to say on that but we’ll see!
01-30-2020 05:57 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.