Tied at 32 at the half.
01-11-2020 07:43 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

H2Oville Rocket Offline
Legend

I Root For: Toledo R0ckets
RE: Rocket-Bronco Game
Willie Jackson has apparently joined the Space Force. At least most of his passes have gone into empty space. How do you throw a pass five feet over Knapke’s head? Five horrible, mostly unforced turnovers. We are not a good team.
(This post was last modified: 01-11-2020 07:48 PM by H2Oville Rocket.)
01-11-2020 07:47 PM
bcunn3128 Away
Heisman

I Root For: U of Toledo
So many mistakes just in the first half. We sometimes look like we’ve never played the game before.
01-11-2020 07:52 PM
SylvaniaRocket Offline
Heisman

I Root For: TOLEDO ROCKETS
Toledo 40 WMU 38 15 to go.
01-11-2020 08:07 PM
SylvaniaRocket Offline
Heisman

Toledo 57 Western 44. 3:47 to go.
01-11-2020 08:30 PM
Advertisement

SylvaniaRocket Offline
Heisman

Final Toledo 67 WMU 59.
01-11-2020 08:56 PM
RocketBBallFan Offline
1st String

I Root For: Toledo
After a five game losing streak, it's great to get a win! 5 Rockets scored in double figures!
01-11-2020 09:04 PM
bcunn3128 Away
Heisman

I Root For: U of Toledo
Overall, a better second half. Still got a bit tighter in the end than I’d have liked but yeah, teams on 5-game losing streaks can’t afford to be too picky. At least the streak is broken.
(This post was last modified: 01-11-2020 09:11 PM by bcunn3128.)
01-11-2020 09:08 PM
Boca Rocket Offline
Legend

I Root For:
Need to work on closing out.
Missed free throws, fouls, and turnovers
aren't going to cut it.
01-11-2020 09:09 PM
Advertisement

H2Oville Rocket Offline
Legend

Anyone see what Littleson did to draw the T?
01-11-2020 09:45 PM
northcoastRocket Online
Hall of Famer

(01-11-2020 09:45 PM)H2Oville Rocket Wrote:  Anyone see what Littleson did to draw the T?

Not a T but a flagrant for undercutting the WMU player while he was in the air. It looked pretty close as to whether Littleson moved under him or he jumped back up and over Littleson after he planted.
01-11-2020 09:48 PM
H2Oville Rocket Offline
Legend

(01-11-2020 09:48 PM)northcoastRocket Wrote:  
(01-11-2020 09:45 PM)H2Oville Rocket Wrote:  Anyone see what Littleson did to draw the T?

Not a T but a flagrant for undercutting the WMU player while he was in the air. It looked pretty close as to whether Littleson moved under him or he jumped back up and over Littleson after he planted.

I actually knew it was a flagrant but I’m old and couldn’t remember the word “flagrant”.
01-11-2020 09:50 PM
rkt Offline
2nd String

I Root For: toledo
(01-11-2020 09:50 PM)H2Oville Rocket Wrote:  

I actually knew it was a flagrant but I’m old and couldn’t remember the word “flagrant”.

Your observations are sensible, what do you think of this year’s team?
01-11-2020 11:18 PM
Advertisement

rocketpaul Offline
1st String

I Root For: Toledo Rockets
Second half possibly best defensive effort by a Coach K Rockets team for sure it was the best I can remember
01-11-2020 11:31 PM
H2Oville Rocket Offline
Legend

(01-11-2020 11:18 PM)rkt Wrote:  
(01-11-2020 09:50 PM)H2Oville Rocket Wrote:  

Your observations are sensible, what do you think of this year’s team?

I think we went from one of the deepest teams in recent memory to the same old 33 minutes per starter thing we see every year due to the loss of Edu and Bizeau. I think our bench needs to be better- we’ll rebound well against most teams and D is improved but shooting from perimeter is spotty. I think Knapke is getting a lot of attention and isn’t as assertive as he could be. If Littleson and M Jackson re-discover their touch from 3 teams will have to stop doubling and tripling Knapke and pay more attention to the shooters. I hate that Alderson is so reluctant to shoot. Overall I think this year will be a struggle but the MAC is not as good as past recent years so we’ll see.
(This post was last modified: 01-12-2020 12:31 AM by H2Oville Rocket.)
01-12-2020 12:30 AM
Michigan Rocket Offline
Special Teams

Willie seemed to be in a fog of sorts in the 1st half. He did give up a couple of 3's, and did have five turnovers mainly by throwing the ball away, but, he sure seemed to redeem himself in the 2nd half with 12 points and 16 rebounds. GO ROCKETS!!
01-12-2020 09:25 AM
IamN2daRockets! Offline
All American

Good win!! I enjoyed the game. Another rough finish. That 10 year trend is definitely a coaching/teaching issue.

Go Rockets!
01-12-2020 10:25 AM
pono Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
solid win. western is an average team so this is nothing special but it broke the losing streak and we closed it out about as well as any win this season by progressively outplaying western is the 2nd half. H2O made a good point about Luke. He's the scouting report and teams are doubling him consistently in the post and flying out at him when he tries to spot up for jumpers. add to that the reality that he's a slower more methodical player and he just isn't getting many clean looks. littleson got hot in the 1st half and marreon, while not shooting great, had consistent energy attacking the rim and finding shooters. willie was great on the boards, better at finishing and, well, yeah, spacey at times w his passing. saunders had his most complete game in a while. this might have been his turnaround game. i'd say note this date and see if it was when he turned the corner from trying to do too much to understanding how to be successful. he attacked the rim in the first half. played good d, and late in the game when he had open looks shot them in rhythm and hit the 2 shots from 3 that basically clinched the win. smith is growing into a defensive role. hope he sticks around the program as a backup rotation guy. i doubt he will be a starter anytime soon because his offense is limited, but he could grow into a good versatile defender with some size and athleticism. one of things that separate mid majors from P5s is having guys off the bench who can physically match up against a good opponent. smith is no giannis or zion but he's got size and strength and pretty good feet and seems to accept his role. alderson still lacks for confidence. honestly, i think he's a guy who if he took a redshirt year to fine tune his game and allow it to slow down a little in his head, could probably be a good scorer in his final year, but i doubt that will happen. as for now he plays uncertain in the mid range even though he's got some ability to make plays attacking the paint. CMU is a little better than western and plays fast and aggressive. they are capable of running us out of our own gym if we do that passive thing again. however, they aren't big and don't many have dynamic players to attack off the dribble. so, if you are diligent guarding the shooters and work the post you can wear them down. they usually win the 1st half but fade in the 2nd (big 1st half leads over Depaul and Texas in losses). Go Rockets!
(This post was last modified: 01-12-2020 05:06 PM by pono.)
01-12-2020 05:03 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.