Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)
Open TigerLinks

CDC Reporting Potential Worst Flu Season in Years
Bookmark and Share
Memphis10Tigers Offline
1st String

I Root For: Memphis
CDC Reporting Potential Worst Flu Season in Years
Tiger Relevant because of DJ and Damian.

Stay healthy, folks.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/01/08/healt...erity.html
01-09-2020 11:32 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

DallasTiger Offline
Hall of Famer

RE: CDC Reporting Potential Worst Flu Season in Years
My wife and I both wear masks on all the airline flights we take. That is one of the places where you can catch all kinds of sickness.
01-09-2020 11:40 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
GermantownTiger Offline
Capitalism Rules!

I Root For: Memphis Tigers
The simplest thing anyone can do is wash your hands a lot AND get a flu shot every year. Also, minimize touching your eyes, nose and mouth unless you just washed your hands.

Do the above things and you'll greatly minimize the risk of getting sick.
(This post was last modified: 01-09-2020 11:56 AM by GermantownTiger.)
01-09-2020 11:55 AM
Tigerbrother
Unregistered

CrappiesNew Orleans Bowl
(01-09-2020 11:55 AM)GermantownTiger Wrote:  The simplest thing anyone can do is wash your hands a lot AND get a flu shot every year. Also, minimize touching your eyes, nose and mouth unless you just washed your hands.

Getting the flu shot is one of the dumbest things anyone could do. If you care about your health, just don't do it. There are very good reasons not to get it. Even the CDC admits that it is only totally effective. Plus it has some very bad toxic preservatives in it. If it worked, why is flu season so bad?
01-09-2020 05:29 PM
Quote this message in a reply
tigerderek Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Sunshinepumpers
(01-09-2020 05:29 PM)Tigerbrother Wrote:  
(01-09-2020 11:55 AM)GermantownTiger Wrote:  The simplest thing anyone can do is wash your hands a lot AND get a flu shot every year. Also, minimize touching your eyes, nose and mouth unless you just washed your hands.

Getting the flu shot is one of the dumbest things anyone could do. If you care about your health, just don't do it. There are very good reasons not to get it. Even the CDC admits that it is only totally effective. Plus it has some very bad toxic preservatives in it. If it worked, why is flu season so bad?

I’m no expert but Every single person in my house got the flu except for one person and they got the flu shot.
01-09-2020 06:01 PM
Advertisement

macgar32 Offline
Legend

(01-09-2020 06:01 PM)tigerderek Wrote:  

I’m no expert but Every single person in my house got the flu except for one person and they got the flu shot.

Wait you don't subscribe to the conspiracy theory that getting the flu shot causes more harm than good.

Shameful
01-09-2020 06:09 PM
scorpius Offline
Heisman

Once I realized each flu episode left my health as permanently something less than it was previously, I started getting flu shots every year. My only regret is not starting 10 years earlier.
(This post was last modified: 01-09-2020 06:16 PM by scorpius.)
01-09-2020 06:13 PM
macgar32 Offline
Legend

(01-09-2020 06:13 PM)scorpius Wrote:  Once I realized each flu I got left my health as permanently something less than my former self, I started getting them every year with no regrets. My only regret is not starting 10 years earlier.

Another one that doesn't believe in the conspiracy...

Who'd of thunk it.
01-09-2020 06:15 PM
tiger1016 Offline
Hall of Famer

I used to ignore getting flu shots. Got the flu 7 yrs back and my 4 yr old son then also got the flu. Probably the worst thing that has happened to me and my son ever. We started getting flu shots since then and will continue to do so for the foreseeable future. It’s fun reading some of the conspiracy folks on this board. Science is bad, medicine is bad, yada yada yada!
01-09-2020 06:29 PM
Advertisement

Penny1 Offline
2nd String

Since a child I used to get the flu every year up until five years ago.

I haven't had the flu since.

There's truth to the flu shot conspiracy.
(This post was last modified: 01-09-2020 06:39 PM by Penny1.)
01-09-2020 06:37 PM
Crazier Offline
All American

Never had the flu shot and never had the flu. Been around two people with flu last two weeks and haven't caught it. Caught 1 cold in the last two years and my body fought it off in few days. I don't take over the counter medice either. Over the counter medicines and fast food is weaking our immune systems. Doctors know this information but it is more profitable to keep people sick. Eat your fruit and veggies.
01-09-2020 07:00 PM
tigerlands Offline
Hall of Famer

Flu shots work. plain and simple.
01-09-2020 07:11 PM
tiger1016 Offline
Hall of Famer

(01-09-2020 07:00 PM)Crazier Wrote:  Never had the flu shot and never had the flu. Been around two people with flu last two weeks and haven't caught it. Caught 1 cold in the last two years and my body fought it off in few days. I don't take over the counter medice either. Over the counter medicines and fast food is weaking our immune systems. Doctors know this information but it is more profitable to keep people sick. Eat your fruit and veggies.

Never had the flu shot and never the flu for 32 yrs and then boom! Hope you never get the flu man....it sucks.
01-09-2020 07:35 PM
Advertisement

AlonsoWDC Offline
Hall of Famer

Hey man I got some baking soda to sell you that TOTALLY isn't baking soda.
01-09-2020 07:41 PM
TigerBlue4Ever Offline
Unapologetic A-hole

I Root For: yo mama
Up until this year the only time I got the flu was the one year I got the flu shot. I'm not saying that the flu shot is bad, just going on my personal experiences. As I get older I probably will start getting it because I don't want this crap ever again. I thought I was over it but the last two days have been rough on me, I don't have any more symptoms but I feel completely drained.
01-09-2020 10:00 PM
BandwagonJumper Away
First name Greatest, Last name Ever

I Root For: winners
(01-09-2020 07:41 PM)AlonsoWDC Wrote:  Hey man I got some baking soda to sell you that TOTALLY isn't baking soda.

after that game, how much?
01-09-2020 10:05 PM
snowtiger Offline
Hall of Flamers

I Root For: W's!!!
Small pox vaccinations really really 'worked'. Them doc dudes must've vaccinated the whole world.
01-13-2020 12:07 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.