Kent State Golden Flashes

Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Kent State @ Bowling Green State
Older and Older Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Kent State
RE: Kent State @ Bowling Green State
(01-03-2020 11:34 PM)dannyb73 Wrote:  This can be every night. We rolled the preseason MAC favorites on the road and got minimal contributions from Danny and Phil. We are deep and different guys can step up and help. An 18 game conference season is really long and grueling, but as I said before, I think we are built for success.

Beck a big plus tonight. Boo man at his best. Roberts also . Peterson behind the scenes a lot of good work after Sendy gave him what for. Great win. Much to build on. Simons strong finish also after quiet start
Great night.
01-04-2020 08:19 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Muskrat Online
1st String

Thanks, Dannyb73. It's hard to tell where their bigs stand, after Pippen and Whittinton. Right now, Beck seems to have established himself in the rotation. At the beginning of the year Bainbridge seemed to be the man, but no longer. Then Castillo for a while, too.
(This post was last modified: 01-04-2020 09:06 AM by Muskrat.)
01-04-2020 08:51 AM
fallsdog Offline
All American

I watched the second half this morning. That was a drubbing. Bowling Green couldn’t hit a bull’s rump with a banjo and KSU worked for good shots.

I can’t remember a Kent State game in the last 7/8 years where they finished so well in transition. It appears that Kent State has some athletic attackers at the guard spots.

Add to that a hot shooting night. And you’ve got yourself a nice W.
01-04-2020 08:56 AM
OLNWFLSH Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: KSU
(01-04-2020 08:19 AM)Older and Older Wrote:  
(01-03-2020 11:34 PM)dannyb73 Wrote:  This can be every night. We rolled the preseason MAC favorites on the road and got minimal contributions from Danny and Phil. We are deep and different guys can step up and help. An 18 game conference season is really long and grueling, but as I said before, I think we are built for success.

Beck a big plus tonight. Boo man at his best. Roberts also . Peterson behind the scenes a lot of good work after Sendy gave him what for. Great win. Much to build on. Simons strong finish also after quiet start
Great night.
I was at the game and I agree Beck surprised me with his play and hustle - I found it weird that he limped on and off the court. Simons threes were big as well. BG fans were poking fun at Beck's rolled up shorts? Nice coaching job by Sendy - we took the fans out of the game except for the last minute of the first half when they cut the lead to 3. AW was impressive driving the lane. Defense was tight and Williams made a great block near the end of the game when a BG player had a breakaway layup. Officiating was so-so but not a factors. Turner was in and out riding a stationary bike in the end zone at times. Anthony Stacey in one of BGs assistants - with my poor eyesight I thought he was Charles Barkely.
01-04-2020 09:59 AM
luckyflash Offline
1st String

I Root For: GOLDEN FLASHES
(01-04-2020 03:46 AM)dannyb73 Wrote:  
(01-04-2020 03:41 AM)Muskrat Wrote:  I wasn't able to see or listen to the game, but did Castillo play? I would think he would have played with the bigs in foul trouble.

No.

I was surprised he didn't play after our 2 bigs got into foul trouble. he didn't even get in for some garbage time at end of game
01-04-2020 11:14 AM
Muskrat Online
1st String

Very odd Castillo didn't play, unless he was sick or nursing some injury or in the dog house. They could very well need him and/or Bainbridge to play some meaningful minutes down the road, unless they go really "small" quite a bit.
01-05-2020 12:16 PM
JimJoyce Offline
1st String

I Root For: KT ST
I’m hearing he didn’t make the trip - coaches decision.
01-05-2020 05:23 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.