Cal State Bakersfield @ Idaho
New Mexico State @ New Mexico
Utah Valley vs. Northern Arizona
California Baptist vs. Bethune Cookman
Tarleton State @ Lubbock Christian
Dixie State @ Colorado State Pueblo

Sunday
UT Rio Grande Valley vs. UN Omaha
(This post was last modified: 12-09-2019 07:09 PM by NMSUPistolPete.)
12-09-2019 06:30 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

dbackjon Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: NAU/Illini
RE: WAC Basketball week 6
Grand Canyon vs Northern Iowa will be a good test.
And as always, NMSU vs UNM
12-09-2019 06:37 PM
Country_Wisdom_359 Offline
2nd String

I Root For: Lopes, Govs, Raiders
(12-09-2019 06:37 PM)dbackjon Wrote:  Grand Canyon vs Northern Iowa will be a good test.

Brother, this season has been nothing but a series of tests... many of which we’ve woefully failed. Like that dream where you reloaded you’ve missed a class all semester and have to sit for an exam and you’re freaking out because you don’t know what to do.

I’m just looking forward to getting two more guys for the second semester. That deeper rotation should help a little. I hope. It’s basically the last hope before begrudgingly accepting that this is what we are capable of this year.
12-10-2019 02:30 PM
NMSUPistolPete Offline
All American

I Root For: NMSU
Aggies win 72-67 over Denver... but they were really trying to give the game away. We are shooting horribly from the free-throw line and we are committing too many senseless turnovers this year.
12-10-2019 11:11 PM
Advertisement

dbackjon Offline
Hall of Famer

(12-10-2019 02:30 PM)Country_Wisdom_359 Wrote:  
(12-09-2019 06:37 PM)dbackjon Wrote:  Grand Canyon vs Northern Iowa will be a good test.

Brother, this season has been nothing but a series of tests... many of which we’ve woefully failed. Like that dream where you reloaded you’ve missed a class all semester and have to sit for an exam and you’re freaking out because you don’t know what to do.

I’m just looking forward to getting two more guys for the second semester. That deeper rotation should help a little. I hope. It’s basically the last hope before begrudgingly accepting that this is what we are capable of this year.

UNI just knocked off #24 Colorado. So a GCU win would be huge. Let's see if UNI used up all it's energy in Boulder and overlook GCU
12-11-2019 01:45 PM
dancingNMSUaggie Offline
1st String

(12-10-2019 11:11 PM)NMSUPistolPete Wrote:  Aggies win 72-67 over Denver... but they were really trying to give the game away. We are shooting horribly from the free-throw line and we are committing too many senseless turnovers this year.
Aggies almost gave that one away...again. Denver was picked LAST in the Slummit and we escaped with a five point win. Im hoping for a miracle but beating UNM in the PIT this year is going to be a tall order.
12-11-2019 05:08 PM
2nd String

Absolutely embarrassing loss to UNI tonight for GCU. I couldn’t watch the whole thing. Lopes didn’t play defense. Took poor shots. No cohesion. I don’t know what’s happened to this team but they’ve made it a miserable season for GCU fans.
12-12-2019 10:50 PM
Advertisement

Trod0 Offline
2nd String

(12-12-2019 10:50 PM)Country_Wisdom_359 Wrote:  I don’t know what’s happened to this team but they’ve made it a miserable season for GCU fans.

Menzies
12-13-2019 12:02 AM
gleadley Offline
1st String

I Root For: GCU
(12-12-2019 10:50 PM)Country_Wisdom_359 Wrote:  Absolutely embarrassing loss to UNI tonight for GCU. I couldn’t watch the whole thing. Lopes didn’t play defense. Took poor shots. No cohesion. I don’t know what’s happened to this team but they’ve made it a miserable season for GCU fans.

There are no shortcuts to the heights GCU aspires to, yet it seems they've tried them all. Local basketball celebrity coach is a shortcut. Each SWAC and MEAC school on the schedule is a shortcut. Chasing kids out of your program rather than develop them is a shortcut. Every grad transfer and boomerang Arizona kid is a shortcut. Marketing what happens in the stands more than what happens on the court is a shortcut. Building a museum and statue to garner the favor of a legendary basketball figure is a shortcut. Hiring Menzies as associate HC hoping some of his previous success in the WAC rubs off on your program is a shortcut. Too many shortcuts means we can look forward to continually coming up short by greater and greater margins until something gives.
(This post was last modified: 12-13-2019 01:58 AM by gleadley.)
12-13-2019 01:49 AM
2nd String

(12-13-2019 01:49 AM)gleadley Wrote:  
(12-12-2019 10:50 PM)Country_Wisdom_359 Wrote:  Absolutely embarrassing loss to UNI tonight for GCU. I couldn’t watch the whole thing. Lopes didn’t play defense. Took poor shots. No cohesion. I don’t know what’s happened to this team but they’ve made it a miserable season for GCU fans.

There are no shortcuts to the heights GCU aspires to, yet it seems they've tried them all. Local basketball celebrity coach is a shortcut. Each SWAC and MEAC school on the schedule is a shortcut. Chasing kids out of your program rather than develop them is a shortcut. Every grad transfer and boomerang Arizona kid is a shortcut. Marketing what happens in the stands more than what happens on the court is a shortcut. Building a museum and statue to garner the favor of a legendary basketball figure is a shortcut. Hiring Menzies as associate HC hoping some of his previous success in the WAC rubs off on your program is a shortcut. Too many shortcuts means we can look forward to continually coming up short by greater and greater margins until something gives.

This was one of the best posts I’ve ever read on this forum. You hit the nail on the head. Very well put.

I absolutely agree... it’s hard to not let the hype give you rose colored glasses. Yes it’s great that the student section is fun. For how much longer though? Hard to get pumped game after game when you can’t get 5 wins before conference play.

You have to wonder how many recruits are taking notice of the fact many players don’t last more than a year or two. Sure it’s nice to get caught up in the amazing exciting purple pregame rave on your official visit. Dan is a legend and likely sells the promise of a roadmap from a mid major to the NBA based on personal experience.

Our school is one of the best at marketing and self promotion. Imagine how amazing it’ll be one day when results speak for themselves and we don’t have stories on the athletics website built around a transcript of each time the ESPN U commentators said the Havocs were awesome during the Liberty game. The last time I remember being truly wowed and sincerely impressed was Rick Pitino’s kind praise when we nearly beat Louisville. The results backed up the hype. Russell’s 40 points were worth mentioning.

One day it’ll all come together. Butler and Gonzaga were around many years before they became household names...
(This post was last modified: 12-13-2019 06:29 AM by Country_Wisdom_359.)
12-13-2019 06:28 AM
Advertisement

dbackjon Offline
Hall of Famer

(12-13-2019 06:28 AM)Country_Wisdom_359 Wrote:  
(12-13-2019 01:49 AM)gleadley Wrote:  

This was one of the best posts I’ve ever read on this forum. You hit the nail on the head. Very well put.

I absolutely agree... it’s hard to not let the hype give you rose colored glasses. Yes it’s great that the student section is fun. For how much longer though? Hard to get pumped game after game when you can’t get 5 wins before conference play.

You have to wonder how many recruits are taking notice of the fact many players don’t last more than a year or two. Sure it’s nice to get caught up in the amazing exciting purple pregame rave on your official visit. Dan is a legend and likely sells the promise of a roadmap from a mid major to the NBA based on personal experience.

Our school is one of the best at marketing and self promotion. Imagine how amazing it’ll be one day when results speak for themselves and we don’t have stories on the athletics website built around a transcript of each time the ESPN U commentators said the Havocs were awesome during the Liberty game. The last time I remember being truly wowed and sincerely impressed was Rick Pitino’s kind praise when we nearly beat Louisville. The results backed up the hype. Russell’s 40 points were worth mentioning.

One day it’ll all come together. Butler and Gonzaga were around many years before they became household names...

Butler and Gonzaga did the winning first
12-13-2019 12:37 PM
edinburger Offline
1st String

I Root For: UTRGV
Gleadley, Country Wisdom: I didn't watch the UNI@GCU game but aren't you taking it too hard? They're 10-1, have taken down a ranked team, and their only loss is to a strong B12 team.
(This post was last modified: 12-13-2019 02:05 PM by edinburger.)
12-13-2019 01:48 PM
dbackjon Offline
Hall of Famer

(12-13-2019 01:48 PM)edinburger Wrote:  Gleadley, Country Wisdom: I didn't watch the UNI@GCU game but aren't you taking it too hard? They're 10-1, have taken down a ranked team, and their only loss is to a strong B12 team.

It would be easier to excuse if they weren't 4-8 with a Sub D1 Loss, and only one win over a team with a winning record.
12-13-2019 02:44 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.