(12-23-2019 10:15 PM)EverRespect Wrote:  Or the guy from Liberty

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

He’d be a fool to leave them for us lol
12-23-2019 10:57 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Monarchist13 Offline

I Root For: ODU
RE: Basketball Head Coach Search Thread
(12-23-2019 08:46 PM)Old Blue Wrote:  I've said from the very beginning I would give the head coaching job to Bryant Stith, step back, and watch recruiting go through the roof. This is the type of coach the kids want to play for today. Question is....would he take the job.

This seems like the most likely outcome for this program. JJ steps down and hands the reins over.
(This post was last modified: 12-24-2019 07:56 AM by Monarchist13.)
12-24-2019 07:55 AM
blewbyu Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: odu
(12-24-2019 07:55 AM)ODUDrunkard13 Wrote:  
(12-23-2019 08:46 PM)Old Blue Wrote:  I've said from the very beginning I would give the head coaching job to Bryant Stith, step back, and watch recruiting go through the roof. This is the type of coach the kids want to play for today. Question is....would he take the job.

This seems like the most likely outcome for this program. JJ steps down and hands the reins over.

Stith has interviewed for HC position with several other schools...no offers...there is a reason for this. We do need a change...but not a player who played and coached under JJ..just more of the same product...that nobody enjoys watching!!!
12-24-2019 08:15 AM
Monarchist13 Offline

(12-24-2019 08:15 AM)blewbyu Wrote:  

Stith has interviewed for HC position with several other schools...no offers...there is a reason for this. We do need a change...but not a player who played and coached under JJ..just more of the same product...that nobody enjoys watching!!!

I didn't say that's the choice I would make. I just said it seems like the most likely outcome.
12-24-2019 08:16 AM
Monarchblue Offline
Heisman

This. The program needs a change, not a continuation of the same.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
12-24-2019 09:15 AM
Monarchist13 Offline

(12-24-2019 09:15 AM)Monarchblue Wrote:  

This. The program needs a change, not a continuation of the same.

https://csnbbs.com/thread-889474-post-16...id16566475
12-24-2019 09:18 AM
EverRespect Online
Free Kaplony

Basketball Head Coach Search Thread
If Stith could fill the leadership void that may be a reason for constant roster instability, he would already be doing so.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
12-24-2019 09:20 AM
Mr.BigBlue Offline
All American

I Root For: Old Dominion
Stith has to be our next coach...plain and simple. He has the right Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities to grow our program. He is worth the risk. That simple.....
12-24-2019 10:33 AM
blewbyu Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: odu
(12-24-2019 10:33 AM)Mr.BigBlue Wrote:  Stith has to be our next coach...plain and simple. He has the right Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities to grow our program. He is worth the risk. That simple.....

Anyone not see that coming?
12-24-2019 10:53 AM
DaBigBlue Offline
Heisman

When I first looked at Stith I was thinking Seth. LOL. The guy who thought Curry wasn't college material.
12-24-2019 11:40 AM
Monarchblue Offline
Heisman

(12-24-2019 10:33 AM)Mr.BigBlue Wrote:  Stith has to be our next coach...plain and simple. He has the right Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities to grow our program. He is worth the risk. That simple.....
What experience tells you that? Why hasn't any other program jumped at the chance to hire such a surefire homerun?

12-24-2019 11:51 AM
monarx Online
Hall of Famer

He's on the sideline and at practice now. Unless JJ completely ignores him (and I doubt that is the case) if he's so great, shouldn't we be seeing the benefit of that now?
12-24-2019 12:42 PM
BigBlueBobby Offline
1st String

I'm sorry but I just don't HC qualities in Stith. Too docile! He hardly ever says anything during the game. The players probably respect him because of his past basketball credentials but he still has to recruit and build fan support. We need someone with a BT personality to rebuild this program and get Hampton Roads excited again!
12-24-2019 07:26 PM
TheDancinMonarch Offline
All American

(12-24-2019 07:26 PM)BigBlueBobby Wrote:  I'm sorry but I just don't HC qualities in Stith. Too docile! He hardly ever says anything during the game. The players probably respect him because of his past basketball credentials but he still has to recruit and build fan support. We need someone with a BT personality to rebuild this program and get Hampton Roads excited again!

Bingo!
12-24-2019 07:40 PM
Razor Ramon Monarch Offline
Heisman

Unless he has any more basketball playing sons, thanks but no thanks.
12-24-2019 10:33 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
ODU1986 Offline
Special Teams

Basketball Head Coach Search Thread
An old article from his pre-ODU years but worth the read. It might give some insight into what he believes his future could be.

https://uvamagazine.org/articles/father_figure

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
12-25-2019 02:58 PM
Mr.BigBlue Offline
All American

(12-24-2019 11:51 AM)Monarchblue Wrote:  
What experience tells you that? Why hasn't any other program jumped at the chance to hire such a surefire homerun?

Played College basketball at the highest level. Outstanding NBA career, Coached HS and was successful, Learned from a mentor for the last 10 years. Fully understands recruiting and what it takes to build a team. The only question .....can he build a donor coalition and fan base.
(This post was last modified: 12-25-2019 05:15 PM by Mr.BigBlue.)
12-25-2019 05:13 PM
ODUalum78 Online
Overseer of the Unwashed Masses

Lion's Den Poster of the Year
(12-25-2019 05:13 PM)Mr.BigBlue Wrote:  

Played College basketball at the highest level. Outstanding NBA career, Coached HS and was successful, Learned from a mentor for the last 10 years. Fully understands recruiting and what it takes to build a team. The only question .....can he build a donor coalition and fan base.

"Fully understands recruiting".
So you essentially saying that JJ is over-ruling him. For example with the versatile Bigs like those W&M seems to keep getting even before Rusthoven, that we can never seem to get.

"The only question .....can he build a donor coalition and fan base."
The fan base is already in place will re emerge with winning, and to a lesser extent excitement
The core donor coalition is also already in place as well.

04-cheers
(This post was last modified: 12-25-2019 05:43 PM by ODUalum78.)
12-25-2019 05:39 PM
Mr.BigBlue Offline
All American

(12-25-2019 05:39 PM)ODUalum78 Wrote:  
(12-25-2019 05:13 PM)Mr.BigBlue Wrote:  

"Fully understands recruiting".
So you essentially saying that JJ is over-ruling him. For example with the versatile Bigs like those W&M seems to keep getting even before Rusthoven, that we can never seem to get.

"The only question .....can he build a donor coalition and fan base."
The fan base is already in place will re emerge with winning, and to a lesser extent excitement
The core donor coalition is also already in place as well.

04-cheers

Can he relate to the donor / fan base. He is seen as being standoffish at times. I am pretty confident the type of player he would recruit is different than what JJ wants to fit his system. That is what I am talking about. He also understand what works and doesn't when it comes to recruiting.
12-25-2019 10:10 PM
ODUDJ96 Offline
Banned

I Root For: Monarchs!!!
(12-24-2019 10:53 AM)blewbyu Wrote:  

Anyone not see that coming?

I have a lot of respect for Coach Stith, but I don’t see him as our next coach. Not by a long shot. It was disappointing when Jones was announced as Blaine’s replacement. Coach Stith replacing Jones would be equally disappointing. Actually, I would be stunned if that happened.
12-26-2019 06:08 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.