Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

So proud to be American right now
georgia_tech_swagger Offline
Res publica non dominetur

I Root For: GT, USCU, FU, WYO

SkunkworksFolding@NCAAbbsNCAAbbs LUGCrappies
So proud to be American right now
Quote:Americans Bought Enough Guns on Black Friday to Arm the Marine Corps – Yet Again!

According to the FBI, over 200,000 background check requests associated with the purchase of a firearm were submitted to the agency on Black Friday, marking the second highest gun sales day ever. The previous record was set on the day after Thanksgiving in 2016. In both 2017 and 2016, enough guns were potentially purchased on Black Friday to arm every active duty United States Marine.

In 20 states, individuals with a concealed carry permit are exempt from the background check requirement, based on guidelines set by the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms, and Explosives (ATF), so they could make a purchase without having to send additional information to the FBI, leaving those sales potentially uncaptured by the FBI’s background check application data.

https://tribunist.com/news/americans-bou...yet-again/

Epic Applause

You beautiful bastards. American civilians own 40% of all guns on Earth, and I'm proud you guys see that as a challenge to own an outright majority.
12-03-2019 01:57 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

ECUGrad07 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: ECU
RE: So proud to be American right now
[Image: ?u=https%3A%2F%2Fthumbs.gfycat.com%2FDis...amp;nofb=1]
[Image: ?u=https%3A%2F%2Fmedia.tenor.com%2Fimage...amp;nofb=1]
[Image: ?u=https%3A%2F%2Fmedia.tenor.co%2Fimages...amp;nofb=1]
[Image: ?u=https%3A%2F%2Fmedia.giphy.com%2Fmedia...amp;nofb=1]
12-03-2019 01:59 PM
SuperFlyBCat Offline
Banned

I Root For: America and UC
(12-03-2019 01:57 PM)georgia_tech_swagger Wrote:  
Quote:Americans Bought Enough Guns on Black Friday to Arm the Marine Corps – Yet Again!

According to the FBI, over 200,000 background check requests associated with the purchase of a firearm were submitted to the agency on Black Friday, marking the second highest gun sales day ever. The previous record was set on the day after Thanksgiving in 2016. In both 2017 and 2016, enough guns were potentially purchased on Black Friday to arm every active duty United States Marine.

In 20 states, individuals with a concealed carry permit are exempt from the background check requirement, based on guidelines set by the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms, and Explosives (ATF), so they could make a purchase without having to send additional information to the FBI, leaving those sales potentially uncaptured by the FBI’s background check application data.

https://tribunist.com/news/americans-bou...yet-again/

Epic Applause

You beautiful bastards. American civilians own 40% of all guns on Earth, and I'm proud you guys see that as a challenge to own an outright majority.

04-cheers
12-03-2019 02:01 PM
stinkfist Online
nuts zongo's in the house

I Root For: Mustard Buzzards
Amen!
12-03-2019 02:02 PM
TigerBlue4Ever Online
Unapologetic A-hole

I Root For: yo mama
Hell yes.
12-03-2019 02:03 PM
q5sys Offline
1st String

I Root For: MIT & USAFA
[Image: ISSBMlc.jpg]
12-03-2019 02:05 PM
Advertisement

gdunn Offline
Repping E-Gang Colors

I Root For: Southern Miss

Survivor Champion
I do what I can
12-03-2019 02:11 PM
Owl 69/70/75 Online
Just an old rugby coach

I Root For: RiceBathChelsea

DonatorsNew Orleans Bowl
Sometimes, Americans make me proud to be one. When Richard Nixon gave us the 55mph speed limit, we all learned how to use CB radios. This is another one of those times.

I love Americans' collective ability to give stupid-ass authority the middle finger.
12-03-2019 06:11 PM
JRsec Offline
Super Moderator

I Root For: SEC
(12-03-2019 06:11 PM)Owl 69/70/75 Wrote:  Sometimes, Americans make me proud to be one. When Richard Nixon gave us the 55mph speed limit, we all learned how to use CB radios. This is another one of those times.

I love Americans' collective ability to give stupid-ass authority the middle finger.

Excuse me kind sir, but Gerald Ford was actually the president when the Speed Limit was set at 55 mph.

But 10-4 good buddy! Hammer down!
(This post was last modified: 12-03-2019 06:21 PM by JRsec.)
12-03-2019 06:17 PM
MemTigers1998 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Memphis
Somewhere Mayor Bloomberg is crying

And I’m glad
12-03-2019 06:24 PM
TripleA Offline
Legend

I Root For: Memphis Tigers

Memphis Hall of Fame
I do my little part.

I own an AR-15, a 20 ga shotgun, a .22 target pistol, an 1873 Colt 45 replica (my favorite gun to shoot), a S&W 9mm, and a S&W 38.

The latter 2 are my winter and summer concealed carry weapons.

And I belong to a beautiful gun club just a few miles from my house.

http://eastalabamagunclub.com/index.html
(This post was last modified: 12-03-2019 06:34 PM by TripleA.)
12-03-2019 06:31 PM
Advertisement

JRsec Offline
Super Moderator

(12-03-2019 06:31 PM)TripleA Wrote:  I do my little part.

I have an AR-15, a 20 ga shotgun, a .22 target pistol, an 1873 Colt 45 replica (my favorite gun to shoot), a S&W 9mm, and a S&W 38.

As someone who was in the industry for almost 2 decades during my corporate life I can tell you all when the left moves it won't be against firearms, it will be against ammunition. They've already quadrupled the price of ammo and of ammo components with Federal laws requiring all components necessary to make a cartridge be shipped in separate shipments to the distributors. So primers, powder, bullets, and brass have to be shipped separately. That drives the cost of shipping sky high, especially when insurance and handling stipulations for the carriers are added.

Twice in my time they tried to come up with a shelf life for powder so that stockpiling ammo would be of no use since it would become too unstable to fire safely. Thankfully the fear of liability prevented this on both occasions.

But don't for a second consider the threats against the guns, which are constitutionally protected, to be anything but a smokescreen for coming after the ammo. After all, if you don't have ammo, most guns are good only as a club.

Towards the end of my time with that industry MEC, RCBS, and other reloading equipment began to get harder to get. The Green Machine which could reload 500 rounds per hour (but was specific to caliber) impacted the fear of both the left and the ammunition companies. And, after Oklahoma City not only were components affected but fertilizer for farmers and dynamite for construction and farming was as well. Since then the main attack on weapons and ammo have been through regulatory restrictions and local ordinances.

IMO, the attack on weapons is merely a fund raising tool of the NRA and a fund raising tool of the Left. But our government continues to attack this right as I illustrated above. It's like watching a magician. It's not what they publicize that you need to fear, but rather what they are doing behind your back when nobody is watching.
12-03-2019 06:42 PM
SoMs Eagle Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Mighty Mustard
No one will ever invade us with an armed army. Only unarmed foot soldiers can do us in.
(This post was last modified: 12-03-2019 06:47 PM by SoMs Eagle.)
12-03-2019 06:46 PM
TripleA Offline
Legend

I Root For: Memphis Tigers

Memphis Hall of Fame
(12-03-2019 06:42 PM)JRsec Wrote:  

I have an AR-15, a 20 ga shotgun, a .22 target pistol, an 1873 Colt 45 replica (my favorite gun to shoot), a S&W 9mm, and a S&W 38.

As someone who was in the industry for almost 2 decades during my corporate life I can tell you all when the left moves it won't be against firearms, it will be against ammunition. They've already quadrupled the price of ammo and of ammo components with Federal laws requiring all components necessary to make a cartridge be shipped in separate shipments to the distributors. So primers, powder, bullets, and brass have to be shipped separately. That drives the cost of shipping sky high, especially when insurance and handling stipulations for the carriers are added.

Twice in my time they tried to come up with a shelf life for powder so that stockpiling ammo would be of no use since it would become too unstable to fire safely. Thankfully the fear of liability prevented this on both occasions.

But don't for a second consider the threats against the guns, which are constitutionally protected, to be anything but a smokescreen for coming after the ammo. After all, if you don't have ammo, most guns are good only as a club.

Towards the end of my time with that industry MEC, RCBS, and other reloading equipment began to get harder to get. The Green Machine which could reload 500 rounds per hour (but was specific to caliber) impacted the fear of both the left and the ammunition companies. And, after Oklahoma City not only were components affected but fertilizer for farmers and dynamite for construction and farming was as well. Since then the main attack on weapons and ammo have been through regulatory restrictions and local ordinances.

IMO, the attack on weapons is merely a fund raising tool of the NRA and a fund raising tool of the Left. But our government continues to attack this right as I illustrated above. It's like watching a magician. It's not what they publicize that you need to fear, but rather what they are doing behind your back when nobody is watching.

I've thought about that some. Ammo was in short supply a few years back, due to hoarding and fear of Obama and other issues.

But for now, I think there are enough states that are controlled by R legislatures that there will always be places to manufacture ammo.

So the issue becomes what you raised, the components. I guess a D pres can do some EOs and cause some harm, but the Ds would need the House + 60 in the Senate to pass any restrictive legislation.

And I'm old enough that I can now hoard enough ammo to last me, lol.
12-03-2019 06:52 PM
JRsec Offline
Super Moderator

(12-03-2019 06:46 PM)SoMs Eagle Wrote:  No one will ever invade us with an armed army. Only unarmed foot soldiers can do us in.

They already have in place what they need to undo us. Constant monitoring and surveillance. All they have to do is elect a cadre dedicated to impinging the rights of our citizens and then they use our surveillance systems to track down the dissenters.

If we fall it will be to institutionalized ignorance spread by the public education system giving control of both houses of Congress over to the left. When that happens the SCOTUS won't be able to save you, and the POTUS won't be able to stand against them, especially when the standards for impeachment have become nothing but baseless allegations.

Fear the ignorance of your fellow citizens! That's the greatest threat to your freedom there is.

As my family taught me, stay away from stupid people! Stupid people get you killed! Well by golly, stupid is rapidly becoming the majority as our school system cranks out a new generation of ill informed touchy feely idiots every damned year while those who know better slowly die off! We are losing to stupidity at the rate of natural attrition.
(This post was last modified: 12-03-2019 06:54 PM by JRsec.)
12-03-2019 06:53 PM
JRsec Offline
Super Moderator

(12-03-2019 06:52 PM)TripleA Wrote:  

I've thought about that some. Ammo was in short supply a few years back, due to hoarding and fear of Obama and other issues.

But for now, I think there are enough states that are controlled by R legislatures that there will always be places to manufacture ammo.

So the issue becomes what you raised, the components. I guess a D pres can do some EOs and cause some harm, but the Ds would need the House + 60 in the Senate to pass any restrictive legislation.

It doesn't take an executive order, just regulations. And the cost of your current ammunition would be 1/4th of what it is today if not for those regulations. The materials in the components have only risen naturally by the cents, not by the dollars.
12-03-2019 06:56 PM
Advertisement

Owl 69/70/75 Online
Just an old rugby coach

I Root For: RiceBathChelsea

DonatorsNew Orleans Bowl
(12-03-2019 06:17 PM)JRsec Wrote:  
(12-03-2019 06:11 PM)Owl 69/70/75 Wrote:  Sometimes, Americans make me proud to be one. When Richard Nixon gave us the 55mph speed limit, we all learned how to use CB radios. This is another one of those times.
Excuse me kind sir, but Gerald Ford was actually the president when the Speed Limit was set at 55 mph.

Don't think so. I was away, fighting commies for our freedom at the time, but that's not the way I remember it.

From Wikipedia,

"The Emergency Highway Energy Conservation Act was a bill in the U.S. Congress that enacted the National Maximum Speed Law.[14] States had to agree to the limit if they desired to receive federal funding for highway repair. The uniform speed limit was signed into law by Nixon on January 2, 1974, and became effective 60 days later,[15] by requiring the limit as a condition of each state receiving highway funds, a use of the Commerce Clause of the United States Constitution.[16]

"The legislation required 55 mph (89 km/h) speed limits on all four-lane divided highways unless the road had a lower limit before November 1, 1973. In some cases, like the New York Thruway, the 50 mph (80 km/h) speed limit had to be raised to comply with the law. The law capped speed limits at 55 mph (89 km/h) on all other roads.[15]"
(This post was last modified: 12-03-2019 08:29 PM by Owl 69/70/75.)
12-03-2019 08:28 PM
JRsec Offline
Super Moderator

(12-03-2019 08:28 PM)Owl 69/70/75 Wrote:  
(12-03-2019 06:17 PM)JRsec Wrote:  

Don't think so. I was away, fighting commies for our freedom at the time, but that's not the way I remember it.

From Wikipedia,

"The Emergency Highway Energy Conservation Act was a bill in the U.S. Congress that enacted the National Maximum Speed Law.[14] States had to agree to the limit if they desired to receive federal funding for highway repair. The uniform speed limit was signed into law by Nixon on January 2, 1974, and became effective 60 days later,[15] by requiring the limit as a condition of each state receiving highway funds, a use of the Commerce Clause of the United States Constitution.[16]

"The legislation required 55 mph (89 km/h) speed limits on all four-lane divided highways unless the road had a lower limit before November 1, 1973. In some cases, like the New York Thruway, the 50 mph (80 km/h) speed limit had to be raised to comply with the law. The law capped speed limits at 55 mph (89 km/h) on all other roads.[15]"

Ford signed the amendments of it into law on January 4th, 1975.
(This post was last modified: 12-03-2019 10:18 PM by JRsec.)
12-03-2019 10:18 PM
rath v2.0 Online
Wartime Consigliere

I Root For: Civil Disobedience

Donators

I get a kick out of news reports where a bad guy is found to have had 1000 rounds of ammo at his house and the media clutches it’s pearls

I got caught in 2012 when you couldn’t buy 9mm or .22 in a local store and was forced to pay through the nose on the web just to go to the range.

Never happening to me again.
12-03-2019 10:23 PM
JRsec Offline
Super Moderator

(12-03-2019 10:23 PM)rath v2.0 Wrote:  

I get a kick out of news reports where a bad guy is found to have had 1000 rounds of ammo at his house and the media clutches it’s pearls

I got caught in 2012 when you couldn’t buy 9mm or .22 in a local store and was forced to pay through the nose on the web just to go to the range.

Never happening to me again.

Be careful of state laws that are not published. For instance in Kentucky it is illegal to possess 5000 rounds and it isn't specified if it is cumulative for all calibers or just one.

The HSA has a lot of buried provisions as well, some pertaining to the amount of cash ($5000) you can keep at home, on your person, or in a safe deposit box without being considered a potential terrorist.

Obviously that doesn't have much to do with Homeland Security, but it helps the government monitor your financial transactions if all of them are done through a bank or via any form of electronic transfer. Never before in our nations history were citizens forced to keep money in banks. BTW that also applies with regards to safe deposit boxes to other forms of wealth which is not in the form of currency.
12-03-2019 10:30 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.