Grand Canyon vs. Liberty
12-02-2019 05:23 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

RoosHouse Offline
2nd String

I Root For: UMKC
RE: WAC Basketball week 5
Well, Look who is in first place in the WAC and has the only winning record. If you had told me at the start of season, I would say your crazy. Think we can finish second or third. New Coach new Roos so far
12-02-2019 07:50 PM
wisdomgymrat Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Tarleton State
Future WAC team Tarleton State is at Angelo State Dec. 5th.
12-03-2019 09:37 AM
FINALFOUR1970SWEETSIXTEEN1992 Offline
1st String

I Root For: NMSU Aggies
New Mexico State with the big win over UTEP.

NMSU has some nice wins. Colorado State (6-3), South Florida (4-4), and now UTEP (5-1). New Mexico State has a chance to get a PAC-12 win on Saturday vs Washington State.
12-03-2019 11:36 PM
Advertisement

Todor Offline
Heisman

I Root For: New Mexico State
The WAC had a good night last night. 4-1. Good to see teams picking up any non con wins they can. Sounds like UTRGV had a good one. And of course, the Aggies picked up a nice little revenge win.
12-04-2019 05:09 AM
gleadley Offline
1st String

I Root For: GCU
(12-04-2019 05:09 AM)Todor Wrote:  The WAC had a good night last night. 4-1. Good to see teams picking up any non con wins they can. Sounds like UTRGV had a good one. And of course, the Aggies picked up a nice little revenge win.

Don't bury the lead... JANS THE MAN GOT THAT BONUS!
(This post was last modified: 12-04-2019 09:58 AM by gleadley.)
12-04-2019 09:57 AM
NeptunianEmp Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: NM State Aggies!
Congrats to Chicago State for their first road win in a long time. They were close to setting the record for longest road/neutral game losing streak, but thankfully they stopped before that.
12-05-2019 09:12 AM
Advertisement

SoCalBobcat78 Offline
All American

I Root For: TXST, UCLA, CBU
(12-05-2019 09:12 AM)NeptunianEmp Wrote:  Congrats to Chicago State for their first road win in a long time. They were close to setting the record for longest road/neutral game losing streak, but thankfully they stopped before that.

They hung with Tennessee State in Nashville, losing 80-74. They are having a good week. I also noticed that they hired a Director of College Athletics a few weeks ago. He starts on December 16th:

https://www.csu.edu/news/Director_Athlet...harles.htm

I was at the CBU game on Wednesday night. They knocked off UCR, 79-67, in the best game they have played this season. They finally seemed like they were meshing together. The team defense and rebounding were very good. It is always nice beating your cross-town rivals and a Big West school. CBU gets another Big West school tonight, when they play at UCI.
12-07-2019 12:31 PM
edinburger Offline
1st String

I Root For: UTRGV
(12-03-2019 11:36 PM)FINALFOUR1970SWEETSIXTEEN1992 Wrote:  New Mexico State has a chance to get a PAC-12 win on Saturday vs Washington State.

Close. The 3's just wouldn't go in.
(This post was last modified: 12-07-2019 06:17 PM by edinburger.)
12-07-2019 06:16 PM
Lopes87 Offline
1st String

I Root For: GCU
If Ernie Kent was coaching WSU I'd agree that NMSU has a real chance.
12-07-2019 07:57 PM
Advertisement

SoCalBobcat78 Offline
All American

I Root For: TXST, UCLA, CBU
CBU defeated another Big West school last night, beating UCI 68-60 in Irvine, behind Milan Acquaah's 26 points. CBU is 2-0 vs the Big West this season and 5-4 on the season.

GCU is playing Liberty on ESPNU in the Jerry Colangelo Classic. The game is being played at the Talking Stick Resort in Scottsdale, so I guess GCU is considered the home team. It is always good to see a WAC team on an ESPN network.
12-08-2019 07:52 PM
Country_Wisdom_359 Offline
2nd String

I Root For: Lopes, Govs, Raiders
Canyon drops the game to Liberty. Gave up an 11-0 run around the six minute mark in the second half. Lost the lead and never got closer than 6 points down the rest of the way.

Per the announcers, Liberty has the highest percentage chance of any team in D1 of going undefeated in the regular season based on their schedule. The A-Sun isn’t a conference full of talented teams. The Flames looked good tonight and for a sweet 16 team last year, the talent hasn’t dropped off. They will be dangerous in March.
12-08-2019 08:31 PM
dbackjon Online
Hall of Famer

I Root For: NAU/Illini
(12-08-2019 08:31 PM)Country_Wisdom_359 Wrote:  Canyon drops the game to Liberty. Gave up an 11-0 run around the six minute mark in the second half. Lost the lead and never got closer than 6 points down the rest of the way.

Per the announcers, Liberty has the highest percentage chance of any team in D1 of going undefeated in the regular season based on their schedule. The A-Sun isn’t a conference full of talented teams. The Flames looked good tonight and for a sweet 16 team last year, the talent hasn’t dropped off. They will be dangerous in March.

They didn't make the Sweet 16. Won one game, lost the next

They have played an easy schedule so far - two tough SEC games coming up - LSU and Vandy
12-09-2019 01:53 PM
Advertisement

Country_Wisdom_359 Offline
2nd String

I Root For: Lopes, Govs, Raiders
(12-09-2019 01:53 PM)dbackjon Wrote:  
(12-08-2019 08:31 PM)Country_Wisdom_359 Wrote:  Canyon drops the game to Liberty. Gave up an 11-0 run around the six minute mark in the second half. Lost the lead and never got closer than 6 points down the rest of the way.

They have played an easy schedule so far - two tough SEC games coming up - LSU and Vandy

I stand corrected. Was going off what the announcer said and didn’t verify against last year’s records.
12-09-2019 05:38 PM
edinburger Offline
1st String

I Root For: UTRGV
(12-09-2019 05:38 PM)Country_Wisdom_359 Wrote:  
(12-09-2019 01:53 PM)dbackjon Wrote:  

I stand corrected. Was going off what the announcer said and didn’t verify against last year’s records.

Those announcers were a problem. Barely bothered to call the game. For a large part of the second half, when GCU and Liberty traded the lead several times, they completely ignored the game and spent their time kissing up to Joe Colangelo while he rambled on about motivation and goals and purple kool aid stuff.
12-09-2019 08:01 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.