Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)
Open TigerLinks

$5M a year for Norvell
Bookmark and Share
Claw Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Memphis
RE: $5M a year for Norvell
I think Norvell is smart enough not to go anywhere he isn't really wanted. Why?
12-03-2019 10:08 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Stammers Offline
Legend

(12-03-2019 12:49 AM)Fluke Wrote:  From perusing the FSU boards they seem to have a really negative opinion of Norvell and most think hiring him would be a failure. I just hope their people who do the hiring feel the same way. For instance,

“ If Norvell is the best we can get, I'd rather pick up the phone and re-connect with Mark Stoops. At least he's run a program in a real conference.”

“ So if I get this right we want a non recruiter HC at Mac level school, with a winning record?”

“ If you’re telling me norvell is best we can get, why not Elliott or Jeff Scott or Aranda or Grinch? Just as much risk in my mind and they actually understand what it’s like to go into a 5 stars home and sell him on what success looks like..”

“ **** norvell dumb move!!!”

“ First program to implement its own death penalty..”

“ Go watch mic’d up with Norvell on YouTube. Lol i mean he runs around a lot but he doesn’t get me excited. He reminds me of willie and that is scary. If it is truly him, I hope he proves me wrong but damn”

And yet here they are sucking 3 years in a row. How is it possible to go 10-14 in the ACC? Even with 3 of the losses to Clemson, you are under .500 in a conference where the other teams are way below AAC caliber.
12-03-2019 10:08 AM
MemphisMojo Offline
All American

I Root For: Democrats
Was told Norvell said no to Ole Miss.
12-03-2019 01:07 PM
big12tigers Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: memphis
(12-02-2019 09:23 AM)MemTigers1998 Wrote:  that is what OM boards are saying they are willing to offer.

Heard deal was done with FSU. I also heard they will let him return for bowl game, not sure how much day to day coaching he will be able to do, but good PR for FSU if he is on the sidelines during bowl game.

It would make sense if they did not let him coach, kids maybe be down and we could lose..

Hope this person is wrong, but he has been in the know a lot!.
12-03-2019 01:10 PM
k2tigers Offline
Hall of Famer

Donators
(12-03-2019 01:10 PM)big12tigers Wrote:  
(12-02-2019 09:23 AM)MemTigers1998 Wrote:  that is what OM boards are saying they are willing to offer.

Heard deal was done with FSU. I also heard they will let him return for bowl game, not sure how much day to day coaching he will be able to do, but good PR for FSU if he is on the sidelines during bowl game.

It would make sense if they did not let him coach, kids maybe be down and we could lose..

Veatch and Rudd may have a say too
12-03-2019 01:15 PM
tball Offline
Bench Warmer

All indications are he is bound for FSU.
12-03-2019 01:39 PM
aardWolf Online
Heisman

I Root For: Memphis Tigers
Is it just me, or is it a coincidence all of these people with "inside info" have triple digit posts and single digit reputation?
12-03-2019 01:42 PM
memtigbb Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: memphis
(12-03-2019 01:42 PM)aardWolf Wrote:  Is it just me, or is it a coincidence all of these people with "inside info" have triple digit posts and single digit reputation?

Sometimes the people who really do know things get hammered because the truth isn't always what homer fans want to hear.
12-03-2019 01:44 PM
TigerRob Offline
Bench Warmer

Just my take is regardless of the bowl I wouldnt let a coach that took another job continue to coach the team he left and wear colors of the school he left. Doesnt deserve it I would let person replacing him coach. If Norvell leaves I'm hoping Silverfield is hired.
umbluegray Offline
Legend

I Root For: The Tigers!
(12-02-2019 09:13 PM)danny1 Wrote:  
(12-02-2019 02:51 PM)FlyingTiger2016 Wrote:  
(12-02-2019 01:57 PM)Wayward Memphian Wrote:  [
(12-02-2019 12:13 PM)Virginia Tiger Wrote:  - Quality of life in Memphis is better than Oxford, MS, Columbia, MO,
Fayetteville, AR, Tallahassee, FL, and any of the other towns/cities I could
find

I love Memphis but you have got to be kidding me

https://realestate.usnews.com/real-estat...e?slide=20

https://www.businessinsider.com/us-news-...ica-2016-3

Literally no one here cares about your opinion of our town.

Fayetteville sucks man. I get so many recruiters from Walmart trying to convince me to move there. Never going to happen. lol.

You are right! I lived in Broken Arrow, OK, a suburb of Tulsa, for 7 years. Spent a lot of time in Fayetteville on business. The population has grown so fast in the area that the infrastructure has not been able to keep up. Traffic is a nightmare!!! The Tulsa area, on the other hand, is really nice. Enjoyed my time there.

Broken Arrow... that's where the Klingon landed.
Tigerx3 Offline
Hall of Famer

I heard he would accept a major contract with in-writing commitment to enhance facilities and get a dysfunctional athletic department out of the way but not that he had accepted it yet. FSU is like a hibernating bear. One day it will wake up hungry. Unlimited resources. Florida and lower SE recruiting pool. Plays in a league that in most years has only 1 school that can stand in their way once the dysfunction is corrected.
It is the only school open currently that isn't a coaching ticket to hell. But what of USC? Jury is still out on that one. I don't think it is money only that makes the decision for Mike.

The thing is, Mike will continue to win here. He can get a really big increase in salary here to stay and he can wait until the true magic opening occurs. But that magic job could be FSU.
12-03-2019 02:47 PM
Tigeralum Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For:
At some point Norvell will end up leaving Memphis, and I will be very appreciative of his efforts here. I hope he ends up in a great situation and is very successful. He has shown us what Memphis Football can be and improved upon Justin's great run. His teams are explosive, fun and great entertainment. We sold out the Liberty Bowl stadium that was all Memphis, and that was incredible. He has shown what is possible at Memphis. He doesn't need to settle for anything less than a big time job, if it's USC or Florida State, I'll wish him nothing but the best.
12-03-2019 03:22 PM
UofMstateU Online
Legend

(12-03-2019 01:07 PM)MemphisMojo Wrote:  Was told Norvell said no to Ole Miss.

For the 2nd time in 3 years.
12-03-2019 03:24 PM
TigerBlue4Ever Offline
Unapologetic A-hole

I Root For: yo mama
(12-03-2019 01:42 PM)aardWolf Wrote:  Is it just me, or is it a coincidence all of these people with "inside info" have triple digit posts and single digit reputation?

03-lmfao
12-03-2019 03:29 PM
Tiger87 Online
Hall of Famer

Norvell was ne'r going to Old Miss. $5M whatever. If Old Miss can pay him $5M, someone better can as well. Besides, money is not the driver. He's smarter than that. He will go somewhere that he can win AND the money will follow. The other thing is, I get the feeling that both Old Miss and Arky made him mad a couple of years ago with the rumor-dealing they did on him.
12-03-2019 09:51 PM
Hernando Hills Tiger Offline
High score: 819 (credit)

I Root For: USA

DonatorsFolding@NCAAbbsFolding@NCAAbbs
(12-03-2019 12:10 AM)adw30 Wrote:  
(12-02-2019 09:55 PM)Penny1 Wrote:  Mike Norvell is not your typical 'follow the money' type of guy. He has morals.

Norvell currently is making $2.5 million a year. He'll now be able to receive a major boost by UofM to around $3.6 to as much as $4 million with incentives that will keep him happy, to feel appreciated and enough to pay his assistant coaches.

Norvell knows and loves the unique Memphis culture. Unlike Fuente who left for first offer to get out.

His wife loves Memphis. He calls himself a "Memphian".

Plus he has a rare good friendship with Penny and they support each other. Penny will tell our AD Veatch to pay Mike.

UofM also is completing our new IPF this spring that will impact recruiting. Our football facilities are now on par with many P5 programs.

We have national TV exposure (4 games this year on ABC), recruiting and a passionate growing fanbase and winning culture that he helped to build.

One of the best posts I've ever read on this board.

It would be even better if it came true.
12-03-2019 10:00 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

(12-03-2019 01:44 PM)umbluegray Wrote:  
(12-02-2019 09:13 PM)danny1 Wrote:  
(12-02-2019 02:51 PM)FlyingTiger2016 Wrote:  
(12-02-2019 01:57 PM)Wayward Memphian Wrote:  [
(12-02-2019 12:13 PM)Virginia Tiger Wrote:  - Quality of life in Memphis is better than Oxford, MS, Columbia, MO,
Fayetteville, AR, Tallahassee, FL, and any of the other towns/cities I could
find

I love Memphis but you have got to be kidding me

https://realestate.usnews.com/real-estat...e?slide=20

https://www.businessinsider.com/us-news-...ica-2016-3

Literally no one here cares about your opinion of our town.

Fayetteville sucks man. I get so many recruiters from Walmart trying to convince me to move there. Never going to happen. lol.

You are right! I lived in Broken Arrow, OK, a suburb of Tulsa, for 7 years. Spent a lot of time in Fayetteville on business. The population has grown so fast in the area that the infrastructure has not been able to keep up. Traffic is a nightmare!!! The Tulsa area, on the other hand, is really nice. Enjoyed my time there.

Broken Arrow... that's where the Klingon landed.

I had a friend that lived in Broken Arrow on Indian Rocks Country Club golf course. Very nice.
12-03-2019 10:09 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

(12-03-2019 03:29 PM)TigerBlue4Ever Wrote:  

03-lmfao

He's going to FSU per my inside source.
12-03-2019 10:11 PM
shere khan Offline
Southerner

I Root For: Tulane

03-lmfao
12-08-2019 05:30 PM
kabluey Offline
Heisman

Bless that man. He has earned it.
12-08-2019 06:05 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.