UAB Blazers

Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

NBR, yet: FBS Job openings
LairDweller Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UAB #1/Iowa #2
RE: NBR, yet: FBS Job openings
(12-03-2019 07:52 PM)Blazer_Student Wrote:  
(12-03-2019 04:03 PM)BlazinBham Wrote:  The students will not be at any game unless it’s between Monday and Thursday. Hoping to see them prove me wrong on Saturday, vs Memphis.
Remember during the Haase era when we would have multiple games with a sold out/ nearly full student section, but with only 2k of the general public in attendance?

not really. i remember a game where the student section was PACKED and students were throwing a fit that they didnt have more/better seats...the next game the student section was half full...the next game there were about 25 students there
12-04-2019 09:40 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
The Answer UAB Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UAB!!!
Folks on the conference are saying Clark is interviewing for some of these jobs.. had anyone else heard that? Seems like just rumors and complete speculation
12-05-2019 08:11 AM
BlazerGreen Offline
All American

I Root For: UAB, Goals
(12-05-2019 08:11 AM)The Answer UAB Wrote:  Folks on the conference are saying Clark is interviewing for some of these jobs.. had anyone else heard that? Seems like just rumors and complete speculation

They're just guessing and talking ****. I wouldn't be surprised if he's interviewed at Ole Miss already. They would be idiots not to talk to him. Right now I don't think he's at the top of their list but that could change if they strike out on some other guys.
12-05-2019 08:53 AM
hooverblazer Offline
Promoter of UAB

I Root For: UAB
I hope he stays for a long time, but even if that's not his plan I would look seriously at our roster for next year and the quality of the available jobs. Mostly conference bottom dwellers are open (except FSU) and we return pretty much the whole team next year so we'll likely be favored to win the conference. Clark's name should be even hotter next year if we get to the championship game/win the conference three years in a row.
12-05-2019 09:10 AM
HiddenDragon Offline
Banned

I Root For:
BlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk Award
(12-05-2019 08:11 AM)The Answer UAB Wrote:  Folks on the conference are saying Clark is interviewing for some of these jobs.. had anyone else heard that? Seems like just rumors and complete speculation

What exactly do you mean with the bolded part of your comment? Not trying to be a smartazz but I didn't understand it.
12-05-2019 09:19 AM
uab278 Offline
All American

I think he is referring to the conference thread on the main CUSA boards. Most seems to be fantasy and sites we know have identified him as a candidate.
12-05-2019 10:28 AM
hooverblazer Offline
Promoter of UAB

Anyone know if Ingram/The Foundation are working on contract improvements for Clark?
12-05-2019 10:49 AM
HiddenDragon Offline
Banned

I Root For:
BlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk Award
The only thing that is missing from Coach Clark's record is a win against a P5 opponent. And to be honest, he really hasn't come close to beating a P5 team with his best loss being a 13 points defeat at Miss. St.

This will probably prevent him from being the #1 candidate for some of these openings.
12-05-2019 11:11 AM
58-56 Offline
Blazer Revolutionary

I Root For: Fire Ray Watts

BlazerTalk Award
Nothing would make Ray Watts happier than to see the last of Bill Clark. So I'd be shocked if Clark left while Watts is still president and thus fulfill Ray's fantasy; if he did the fapping would register as a small earthquake (see what I did there?).

In Clark's place, for me no amount of money could substitute for the joy of watching Watts have to pretend he's glad UAB is winning, to see his pumpkin head slink around the CUSA trophy with a huge, painful fake smile plastered on it. Of course, I am a twisted and vindictive personality.

That said, Ray will turn 66 later this month.
12-05-2019 11:29 AM
B'ham Blazer Offline
All American

With this offense, and no signature win, I doubt if any P-5 team comes calling, unless they are looking for a coach to improve their defense.
12-05-2019 11:46 AM
The Answer UAB Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UAB!!!
(12-05-2019 09:19 AM)HiddenDragon Wrote:  

What exactly do you mean with the bolded part of your comment? Not trying to be a smartazz but I didn't understand it.

I left out board. I meant to say the conference board/cusabbs conference USA main message board
12-05-2019 12:04 PM
Auburn_Blazer Offline
1st String

I Root For: Auburn & UAB
(12-05-2019 12:04 PM)The Answer UAB Wrote:  

I left out board. I meant to say the conference board/cusabbs conference USA main message board

Highly likely that it's just a negative recruiting ploy
12-05-2019 12:51 PM
the_blazerman Offline
Legend

(12-05-2019 12:51 PM)Auburn_Blazer Wrote:  
(12-05-2019 12:04 PM)The Answer UAB Wrote:  

Highly likely that it's just a negative recruiting ploy

Some of the accounts as well as social media accounts seem to have a lean towards La Tech.
12-05-2019 01:00 PM
biglizard Offline
All American

I Root For:
I heard Skip Holtz was interviewing for another position.

I swear as soon as I said it out loud I heard it.
12-05-2019 02:16 PM
C-Finder Offline
All American

12-05-2019 05:43 PM
hooverblazer Offline
Promoter of UAB

This morning on Jox, Ryan Brown said his sources say Ingram hasn't been contacted by any school asking to speak to Clark. I tend to think that's because Clark has told teams he's not interested behind the scenes.
12-06-2019 09:47 AM
UABFRENCHY Online
Heisman

Donators
people dont understand that ..When your make over an millions a year who dont want to stay in an college town isolated from a big city with not 5 stars restaurant , saks five ave for shopping etc
uat is close to bhm and they got a great recruiter coach etc even if i dislike the guy ..
ohio st is in columbus and they are the team to beat and they will be there for a long time ,,,,,,millionnaire dont want to leave in small town..,,,just think about it why every(most ) city away from big center are lacking doctor ,,,,,got it
12-06-2019 10:17 AM
the_blazerman Offline
Legend

Most in the media including Jox can't understand why Clark would be happy here.

Most wish he would move on and UAB could go back to suffering.
12-06-2019 11:17 AM
blazer-J Offline
2nd String

(12-06-2019 09:47 AM)hooverblazer Wrote:  This morning on Jox, Ryan Brown said his sources say Ingram hasn't been contacted by any school asking to speak to Clark. I tend to think that's because Clark has told teams he's not interested behind the scenes.

Back channel conversations gauging interest have most likely already taken place. The response was either - not interested or we can talk about it after the championship game. If it was the latter, then the school would officially contact Ingram on Monday.
12-06-2019 01:09 PM
BlazinBham Offline
Banned

If what’s being said is true, I hope Clark isn’t offered by Memphis when they open up.
12-06-2019 01:55 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.