Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Did your team's season just end?
quo vadis Offline
Legend

I Root For: USF/Georgetown
RE: Did your team's season just end?
(12-01-2019 03:17 PM)Nerdlinger Wrote:  OK, I have to ask: Why do you call UCF an "Erector Set"?

It's just a snarky term for UCF's stadium, which was built basically as a bare-bones steel/aluminum skeletal structure, hence the resemblance to an "erector set".

Also, the stadium has had structural issues, IIRC, UCF sued the main contractor a couple years back because of structural defects. One thing that boggles my mind is the dumb "Bounce House" jumping up and down that UCF students do at the the games. Why on earth do they think the thing bounces? Because it's a poorly built erector set. I'd be afraid of it collapsing.

That said, the snark has a tinge of envy to it. Truth is, UCF made a good strategic move in building an on-campus stadium, and USF is still trying to play catch-up in that department.
(This post was last modified: 12-02-2019 11:05 AM by quo vadis.)
12-02-2019 11:04 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
arkstfan Away
Sorry folks

I Root For: Fresh Starts
(12-02-2019 10:30 AM)Steve1981 Wrote:  Thankfully yes! Holy crap, just a bit of improvement. 03-banghead03-banghead03-banghead

Quote:Bamford said bowl eligibility is the target, but it might take a while.

I think (Bell’s) year four (2022) and year five (2023), we’re looking at bowl eligibility. In year two (2020), you’re going to see a little bit of an uptick. In year three (2021), I think you’re going to see a better uptick. We’re going to be deeper,” Bamford said. “Three years from now going into year four, he’ll have 75 kids he’s recruited. Now you have something you’ve built and feel good about it.

I love Walt, wish we could have kept him one more year or so. Sounds like your roster needs an overhaul. Losing the experience of Duggan didn't help but AState specifically selected him because of the fear they would need him to be interim for an extended period.
12-02-2019 11:04 AM
Steve1981 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: UMass
(12-02-2019 11:04 AM)arkstfan Wrote:  
(12-02-2019 10:30 AM)Steve1981 Wrote:  Thankfully yes! Holy crap, just a bit of improvement. 03-banghead03-banghead03-banghead

Quote:Bamford said bowl eligibility is the target, but it might take a while.

I think (Bell’s) year four (2022) and year five (2023), we’re looking at bowl eligibility. In year two (2020), you’re going to see a little bit of an uptick. In year three (2021), I think you’re going to see a better uptick. We’re going to be deeper,” Bamford said. “Three years from now going into year four, he’ll have 75 kids he’s recruited. Now you have something you’ve built and feel good about it.

I love Walt, wish we could have kept him one more year or so. Sounds like your roster needs an overhaul. Losing the experience of Duggan didn't help but AState specifically selected him because of the fear they would need him to be interim for an extended period.

Thanks, the transfer pool is getting half dozen additions. We are beyond thin. 03-banghead
Maybe Duggan could use a bigger challenge (-:
(This post was last modified: 12-02-2019 10:51 PM by Steve1981.)
12-02-2019 10:46 PM
VCE Offline
1st String

I Root For: Tradition
Yep, as did your 2nd team’s Quo
12-02-2019 10:49 PM
whittx Offline
All American

I Root For: FSU, Bport,Corn
Yes and no (although it should be a second no). My UG school (Brockport) got shut out in the second round of the D3 playoffs. My grad school (Florida State) fired its coach last month and will be playing in a bowl game that will be in either Detroit or Shreveport.
12-03-2019 08:15 AM
Gamecock Offline
All American

I Root For: South Carolina
(12-02-2019 11:04 AM)quo vadis Wrote:  
(12-01-2019 03:17 PM)Nerdlinger Wrote:  OK, I have to ask: Why do you call UCF an "Erector Set"?

It's just a snarky term for UCF's stadium, which was built basically as a bare-bones steel/aluminum skeletal structure, hence the resemblance to an "erector set".

Also, the stadium has had structural issues, IIRC, UCF sued the main contractor a couple years back because of structural defects. One thing that boggles my mind is the dumb "Bounce House" jumping up and down that UCF students do at the the games. Why on earth do they think the thing bounces? Because it's a poorly built erector set. I'd be afraid of it collapsing.

That said, the snark has a tinge of envy to it. Truth is, UCF made a good strategic move in building an on-campus stadium, and USF is still trying to play catch-up in that department.

I've only been there the one time, but they do get pretty loud and the stadium does shake quite a bit from all the jumping.
12-03-2019 09:40 AM
IWokeUpLikeThis Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: NIU, Chicago St
(12-01-2019 03:00 PM)stever20 Wrote:  and what's amazing is this year was actually a week longer than normal.

Hopefully TPTB make that the case indefinitely (regardless of where Labor Day falls). College football is better the more warm weather games there are.
12-03-2019 11:55 AM
NIU007 Offline
Legend

I Root For: NIU, MAC
Yep, ended the year 5-7, though at least won the last game of the year. The offseason is far too long even when we played in a bowl game.

Whereas baseball seems to go on forever. 03-puke
12-03-2019 11:59 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.