ODU Monarchs

Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Punt return called back yesterday
ODU1986 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Old Dominion
Can someone explain to me what that was all about?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
12-01-2019 09:42 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Coltluv Offline
Bench Warmer

RE: Punt return called back yesterday
the call on the field was illegal block out of bounds
12-01-2019 10:06 AM
Gilesfan Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: ODU
It was from blocking out of bounds. Not a hold.
12-01-2019 10:17 AM
ETSUDB8-79 Offline
Coach

I Root For: ODU-ETSU
(12-01-2019 10:17 AM)Gilesfan Wrote:  It was from blocking out of bounds. Not a hold.

And sadly we did do it and unfortunately we illegally blocked the Charlotte player out of bounds into the Ref who was also knocked down. Bummer!
12-01-2019 10:27 AM
Advertisement

DWING Offline
1st String

I Root For: ODU & JMU & ECU
This penalty sucked so bad, not because of the outcome of the game, but because it took a TD away from a Senior on his last collegiate game. Felt really bad for #10.

I even told my buddy that the only way we would score before half was to return this punt for a TD, then Brown did just that!
(This post was last modified: 12-01-2019 11:31 AM by DWING.)
12-01-2019 11:30 AM
84Monarch Offline
1st String

The penalty happened in front of me. #17 for continued to block the Charlotte player a good eight yards out of bounds. Penalty. Penalty flag landed out of bounds where the play happened. Useless penalty, but it was a penalty.

The problem with the penalty was it was not play related and on the other side of the field. Total lack of discipline.
(This post was last modified: 12-01-2019 11:50 AM by 84Monarch.)
12-01-2019 11:48 AM
ODU1986 Offline
Special Teams

Thanks all, I was at the game and couldn’t tell exactly what the call was. The replay didn’t tell me much either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
12-01-2019 12:06 PM
Advertisement

Mr.BigBlue Offline
All American

It was not out of bounds. He had first made contact with the UNCC player inbounds and they rolled out of bounds into the ref. Notice how there was no flag on the field. This was a totally bogus call. It was called because the ref got knocked down. If he was where he should have been it would not have happened. He was slow and out of shape and wound up trailing the play slightly.
12-01-2019 12:34 PM
LetsGoODU Online
1st String

(12-01-2019 12:34 PM)Mr.BigBlue Wrote:  It was not out of bounds. He had first made contact with the UNCC player inbounds and they rolled out of bounds into the ref. Notice how there was no flag on the field. This was a totally bogus call. It was called because the ref got knocked down. If he was where he should have been it would not have happened. He was slow and out of shape and wound up trailing the play slightly.

It happened across the field, so there’s no way they ran into the fat guy on the side the run back took place.
12-01-2019 12:37 PM
Mr.BigBlue Offline
All American

(12-01-2019 12:37 PM)LetsGoODU Wrote:  
(12-01-2019 12:34 PM)Mr.BigBlue Wrote:  It was not out of bounds. He had first made contact with the UNCC player inbounds and they rolled out of bounds into the ref. Notice how there was no flag on the field. This was a totally bogus call. It was called because the ref got knocked down. If he was where he should have been it would not have happened. He was slow and out of shape and wound up trailing the play slightly.

It happened across the field, so there’s no way they ran into the fat guy on the side the run back took place.

No they called it on the guy that was blocking the UNCC guy trying to stop #10 from getting into the end zone.
12-01-2019 12:40 PM
Advertisement

Gilesfan Offline
Hall of Famer

It doesnt matter where the block starts
12-01-2019 01:29 PM
Gilesfan Offline
Hall of Famer

(12-01-2019 12:40 PM)Mr.BigBlue Wrote:  
(12-01-2019 12:37 PM)LetsGoODU Wrote:  

No they called it on the guy that was blocking the UNCC guy trying to stop #10 from getting into the end zone.

No, 84 is right
12-01-2019 01:37 PM
84Monarch Offline
1st String

The block started in the field of play and continued out of bounds, which is a penalty. No referee went down where the penalty happened. It was a dumb mental mistake on our part. The flag was thrown after the block continued several yards about of bounds. The ref gave our player a chance to stop and he didn’t.
12-01-2019 01:46 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.