RE: UAB likely favored to win CUSA West Title
[Image: EKTfBB2XsAIWlv2.png]
11-26-2019 10:01 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Big Dee Offline
Banned

I Root For: The U, UaB
(11-26-2019 09:58 AM)DragonClaw Wrote:  Where is the So Miss vs FAU game? I hope So Miss is on the road.

Tech is home
Southern miss is on the road
UAB obviously on the road
11-26-2019 10:04 AM
blazers9911 Online
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UAB
Survivor Runner-up
(11-25-2019 10:28 PM)WesternBlazer Wrote:  http://www.conferenceusa.com/news/2019/1...arios.aspx

C-USA has changed tie breaker scenarios the last week of the season.
If Louisiana Tech, Southern Miss and UAB each win their final regular season game and finish 6-2, the tie would not be broken through the first seven tie-breakers and it would go down to average computer ranking (Anderson and Hester, Billingsley, Colley Matrix, Massey, Sagarin and Wolfe), with the highest ranked team earning a spot in the Championship.

I am not a fan of this. For future years that is fine, but moving the goalposts mid season is bullcrap, even if there is the slightest chance it could help us. Everybody knew the rules going into the season.
11-26-2019 12:45 PM
the_blazerman Offline
Legend

Thanks Mackin.
11-26-2019 01:53 PM
HiddenDragon Offline
Banned

I Root For:
BlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk Award
Honestly, none of the tiebreakers current or previous would help UAB cause. If they had stuck to the previous 3-team tiebreaker, USM would have won it in a 3-way tie. This current tiebreaker obviously favors La Tech or USM if they were able to beat FAU.

UAB best bet still remains the same, beat UNT and hope FAU beats USM.
11-26-2019 03:34 PM
ATTALLABLAZE Offline
Administrator

I Root For: UAB Blazers

The Parliament AwardsCrappiesDonatorsBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardCrappies
Wasn’t that long ago the arm chair quarterbacks here were saying to fire the most successful OC in school history and we would not win 4 or 5 games. See y’all in Denton. Might make another storming the field even sweeter.
11-27-2019 10:50 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
B'ham Blazer Offline
All American

If the #94th ranked offense against crap opponents is the most successful, I'd hate to see what the others looked like! We have won because the defense is a top-10 defense.......in spite of a really bad offense.
11-27-2019 10:55 AM
ATTALLABLAZE Offline
Administrator

The Parliament AwardsCrappiesDonatorsBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardCrappies
Lol. By all means buy him out for us. Maybe the Thompson coach will come here and adjust his offense to run what Bill wants? Lol Fact remains. Name another UAB OC with this much success and has delivered a division championship, playing for another, a conference championship, and how to two bowls, won one and this next one remains to be seen plus has set some records offensively. I’ll hang up and listen. You can crap on our opponents all you want but for every rice I’ll show you a Charleston Southern from the past. BV is here because Clark wants him here. Not to make fans happy. He is here to run what Clark wants with the personnel we have at this time. Hell talk to him. HCBC doesn’t bite. I’ve asked him some direct questions face to face and he has answered them.
(This post was last modified: 11-27-2019 11:04 AM by ATTALLABLAZE.)
11-27-2019 11:02 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
B'ham Blazer Offline
All American

If the defense was ranked #94 like the offense is, we would be another Akron. If the offense was just good (#40-50ish), we would be 10-1. If it was #7 like the defense, we would be undefeated. High powered offenses have a tendency to put more people in the stands too. Defense is fun to watch too though! At least Vincent is a great guy. Koenning grated on a lot of people's nerves. On the plus side, having a lame offense will keep Clark in Birmingham a lot longer, as most P-5 AD's are looking for an exciting brand of football. I was told this is the exact reason Arkansas favors Norvell over Clark by a wide margin.
(This post was last modified: 11-27-2019 11:59 AM by B'ham Blazer.)
11-27-2019 11:19 AM
ATTALLABLAZE Offline
Administrator

Then good for us. LOL
11-27-2019 02:31 PM
the_blazerman Offline
Legend

Not to burst any bubbles, but Arkansas hasn't exactly been whistlin' dixie for a few years.
11-27-2019 02:51 PM
B'ham Blazer Offline
All American

They are terrible. Too bad we had Tennessee as the buy game instead of them!
11-27-2019 04:06 PM
blazr Away
Hall of Famer

(11-27-2019 10:55 AM)Bham Blazer Wrote:  If the #94th ranked offense against crap opponents is the most successful, I'd hate to see what the others looked like! We have won because the defense is a top-10 defense.......in spite of a really bad offense.

You do know that playing to your strengths is part of successful coaching, right? We've had a lot of injuries up front. Rather than force the issue maybe an OC can decide to possess the ball as much as possible, with some deep shots to keep the defense honest, and put the game in the hands of the defense to push field position deeper and deeper until the (weaker) offense can get good starting position for at least a field goal. Going the other direction, an OC doesn't have to gamble on 3rd down when he knows he has a defense that can hold opponents at midfield. So, you get a run or screen instead of a pass in the middle of the field or the difficult throw to an out route.
(This post was last modified: 11-28-2019 01:24 AM by blazr.)
11-28-2019 01:24 AM
the_blazerman Offline
Legend

It was quite obvious to me that Clark thought that we could out defend La Tech.

Hopkins showed improvement and we were able to keep Johnston out for another week.
11-28-2019 10:19 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.