Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)
Open TigerLinks

Norvell and Florida State
Bookmark and Share
TIGERBUDDY Offline
All American

I Root For: MEMPHIS TIGERS
Norvell and Florida State
03-weeping Just read an article that Florida State is very interested in talking to coach Norvell. Their interest is in the fact of the success of our program under his direction, he only has a $500,000 buy out, his young age, etc. etc. We need to catch a break sometime with our coaches and this would be a great time to catch that break. I hope the announcement does not mess up our ending to this great season like the Fuente situation did. I'm probably a little paranoid but that comes with being a lifelong Memphis Tiger fan. The article was by Bruce Feldman a college football insider.
(This post was last modified: 11-08-2019 08:44 AM by TIGERBUDDY.)
11-08-2019 08:40 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

memtigbb Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: memphis
RE: Norvell and Florida State
That is a tough decision to make. On one hand, the ACC sucks, there is one team to beat. If you are a good coach, you should be able to win there. But, FSU has sucked for awhile now, is it because the other coaches sucked, or is there a reason why FSU doesnt win the way they are expected to win? Hard to say.
11-08-2019 08:58 AM
rolexjames Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
11-08-2019 09:10 AM
BigTigerMike Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Memphis Tigers
Apparently Norvell is on the short list if the big names say no first. The reaction from their fans that I have seen show they don’t know who he is
11-08-2019 09:12 AM
memtigbb Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: memphis
I hope they hire Sanders. I would love to see that trainwreck play out.
11-08-2019 09:16 AM
fsquid Offline
Legend

I Root For: Memphis, Queens (NC)

CrappiesCrappiesCrappiesCrappiesMemphis Hall of Fame
I haven't heard his name mentioned down here, but he's going to leave eventually.
11-08-2019 09:17 AM
Advertisement

UofMstateU Offline
Legend

I Root For: Memphis
I believe the Auburn job is Norvells when they show Malzahn the door. And they absolutely DO know who he is, both the admin and the fans.
11-08-2019 09:21 AM
thagr82008 Offline
Banned

I Root For: MEMPHOBABEE
(11-08-2019 09:17 AM)fsquid Wrote:  I haven't heard his name mentioned down here, but he's going to leave eventually.

NAH! WE just have a servere case of BFS!
(This post was last modified: 11-08-2019 09:23 AM by thagr82008.)
11-08-2019 09:22 AM
tigers0830 Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
(11-08-2019 08:58 AM)memtigbb Wrote:  That is a tough decision to make. On one hand, the ACC sucks, there is one team to beat. If you are a good coach, you should be able to win there. But, FSU has sucked for awhile now, is it because the other coaches sucked, or is there a reason why FSU doesnt win the way they are expected to win? Hard to say.

FSU has sucked for awhile? The last 3 seasons haven't been up to standard, but I wouldn't call 3 seasons awhile.
11-08-2019 09:23 AM
TigerTim Offline
All American

I Root For:
Listen to the interview with Vernon yesterday. I think it will make you feel better.

Do I think Norvell will leave eventually? Yes. But it will have to be for a top, top job. Not something like Kentucky that some guy was saying yesterday.
11-08-2019 09:24 AM
rolexjames Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
I think Norvell would be a hit. If he can recruit Memphis, and FSU should be easy. My question because I am a closet FSU fan is could Norvell bring in the QB to win at Florida State? Hope he stays at Memphis.
11-08-2019 09:26 AM
Advertisement

Hoots Offline
1st String

I Root For: Memphis Tigers
(11-08-2019 09:16 AM)memtigbb Wrote:  I hope they hire Sanders. I would love to see that trainwreck play out.

No way some former great athlete is going to return to his alma mater and be successful. Oh, wait. Lol. Just kidding. I see Deion to FSU as a train wreck, too.
11-08-2019 09:28 AM
thagr82008 Offline
Banned

I Root For: MEMPHOBABEE
(11-08-2019 09:28 AM)Hoots Wrote:  
(11-08-2019 09:16 AM)memtigbb Wrote:  I hope they hire Sanders. I would love to see that trainwreck play out.

No way some former great athlete is going to return to his alma mater and be successful. Oh, wait. Lol. Just kidding. I see Deion to FSU as a train wreck, too.

DS has been coaching for some time now and should be well prepared for this opportunity, albeit I feel that the NFL is his overall destination.....I can see this happening for FSU as he will have successful components around him......Be interesting to see how this plays out as there are some underlying issues that could be cause for concern from FSU perspective with Sanders and qualifications shinanigans with high- profile athletes stemming from his venture in his former school in Dallas.....If they overlook that blip...it will become interesting.....surprisingly FSU may be too desperate to care at this juncture......IMO it's nothing to shake a stick at 05-nono
11-08-2019 09:40 AM
Tiger87 Offline
Hall of Famer

(11-08-2019 08:58 AM)memtigbb Wrote:  That is a tough decision to make. On one hand, the ACC sucks, there is one team to beat. If you are a good coach, you should be able to win there. But, FSU has sucked for awhile now, is it because the other coaches sucked, or is there a reason why FSU doesnt win the way they are expected to win? Hard to say.

They won a NC in 2013, and were in the CFP in 2014.

It's actually a pretty easy decision if you're Norvell. This is one of those top 20 jobs where you can win a NC. It's not like Fuente at Va Tech, where you have to squint just right to see the stars align.
11-08-2019 09:43 AM
Tiger87 Offline
Hall of Famer

(11-08-2019 09:24 AM)TigerTim Wrote:  Listen to the interview with Vernon yesterday. I think it will make you feel better.

Do I think Norvell will leave eventually? Yes. But it will have to be for a top, top job. Not something like Kentucky that some guy was saying yesterday.

Kentucky? please
11-08-2019 09:44 AM
Tiger87 Offline
Hall of Famer

(11-08-2019 09:10 AM)rolexjames Wrote:  

Let's keep our fingers crossed. That would be best case, as there would not be ensuing dominoes to fall.

Recruiting and fund-raising would be pretty good under Deion.
He knows the game.
Ultimate success would depend on who he got on his staff.
11-08-2019 09:46 AM
Advertisement

EarthBoundMisfit Offline
Tongue tied and twisted

I Root For: CardiacAblation
(11-08-2019 09:40 AM)thagr82008 Wrote:  
(11-08-2019 09:28 AM)Hoots Wrote:  

DS has been coaching for some time now and should be well prepared for this opportunity, albeit I feel that the NFL is his overall destination.....I can see this happening for FSU as he will have successful components around him......Be interesting to see how this plays out as there are some underlying issues that could be cause for concern from FSU perspective with Sanders and qualifications shinanigans with high- profile athletes stemming from his venture in his former school in Dallas.....If they overlook that blip...it will become interesting.....surprisingly FSU may be too desperate to care at this juncture......IMO it's nothing to shake a stick at 05-nono

DS has been coaching in the high school ranks.
He'd have to have a go at the college level before he'd be hired in the pro ranks.
11-08-2019 09:47 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
EarthBoundMisfit Offline
Tongue tied and twisted

I Root For: CardiacAblation
I keep seeing folks mention Auburn...
While Saban is at Alabama...I dunno if that would be a job I'd take.
You'd be expected to win one every so often against Alabama (as Malzahn has been able to do).
Would that be something you'd want to jump into at your first high level P5 job?
11-08-2019 09:50 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
holyterror Offline
Hall of Famer

Stranger things have happened (in Memphis, for instance!) But I don’t see Florida State ponying up Deion kind of money to get him.
Could Sanders be successful? I don’t know.
11-08-2019 09:53 AM
southpaw1 Offline
Southpaw

I Root For: Dry Trails
(11-08-2019 09:53 AM)holyterror Wrote:  Stranger things have happened (in Memphis, for instance!) But I don’t see Florida State ponying up Deion kind of money to get him.
Could Sanders be successful? I don’t know.

Sanders would get the players for sure.
11-08-2019 10:08 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.