UTRGV MBB schedule finally up
Bookmark and Share
edinburger Offline
1st String

I Root For: UTRGV
UTRGV MBB schedule finally up
Not super exciting.

Texas Tech and Oklahoma, both away.

We're back to scheduling four non-D1 teams.

Biggest OOC home game (drum roll, please)....Corpus.
(This post was last modified: 09-02-2019 09:38 AM by edinburger.)
09-02-2019 09:35 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Hilldog Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For:
RE: UTRGV MBB schedule finally up
(09-02-2019 09:35 AM)edinburger Wrote:  Not super exciting.

Your women's team also has a few non D1 schools on their schedule. There are at least 25 D1 schools in Texas. It would seem easy to schedule games within a reasonable distance. I'm surprised you don't play Houston, Rice, UTSA, Texas St., Arlington, North Texas, SFA, Sam Houston, etc. and schools in Louisiana on a regular basis for both teams!
(This post was last modified: 09-02-2019 12:40 PM by Hilldog.)
09-02-2019 12:35 PM
edinburger Offline
1st String

(09-02-2019 12:35 PM)Hilldog Wrote:  

Your women's team also has a few non D1 schools on their schedule. There are at least 25 D1 schools in Texas. It would seem easy to schedule games within a reasonable distance. I'm surprised you don't play Houston, Rice, UTSA, Texas St., Arlington, North Texas, SFA, Sam Houston, etc. and schools in Louisiana on a regular basis for both teams!

We've played all of those recently, and they've all come down to Edinburg for either MBB, WBB, or both sometime in the last few years. Looks like it just didn't work out this year except for the Sam Houston game.
09-02-2019 02:08 PM
Hilldog Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For:
(09-02-2019 02:08 PM)edinburger Wrote:  

We've played all of those recently, and they've all come down to Edinburg for either MBB, WBB, or both sometime in the last few years. Looks like it just didn't work out this year except for the Sam Houston game.

A regular basis is something like 3 or 4 times in a 5-6 year period. Not once every 10 years. Who knows maybe this is the off year. But, then again, it could be that last game was the first game between the two in the last 10 years!
09-02-2019 02:39 PM
Advertisement

edinburger Offline
1st String

(09-02-2019 02:39 PM)Hilldog Wrote:  

A regular basis is something like 3 or 4 times in a 5-6 year period. Not once every 10 years. Who knows maybe this is the off year. But, then again, it could be that last game was the first game between the two in the last 10 years!

It's not as bad as you're making it sound. Just counting MBB and only the last four years since 2015-2016 (first year as UTRGV):

Texas State - 4 times
Houston - 3 times
Lamar - 3 times
UT Arlington - twice

plus single games with North Texas, Rice, SMU, UTEP and since you mentioned Louisiana also Nicholls St. and McNeese St.

Throw in the once or twice a year thrashings by teams like Oklahoma, Texas Tech, or Texas A&M and we're playing plenty of Texas D1. This will be the first year in a long time that we *haven't* played Texas State. I think it's an off year and maybe that's why they were so late with the schedule.
(This post was last modified: 09-02-2019 07:23 PM by edinburger.)
09-02-2019 07:20 PM
Hilldog Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For:
(09-02-2019 07:20 PM)edinburger Wrote:  
(09-02-2019 02:39 PM)Hilldog Wrote:  

It's not as bad as you're making it sound. Just counting MBB and only the last four years since 2015-2016 (first year as UTRGV):

Texas State - 4 times
Houston - 3 times
Lamar - 3 times
UT Arlington - twice

plus single games with North Texas, Rice, SMU, UTEP and since you mentioned Louisiana also Nicholls St. and McNeese St.

Throw in the once or twice a year thrashings by teams like Oklahoma, Texas Tech, or Texas A&M and we're playing plenty of Texas D1. This will be the first year in a long time that we *haven't* played Texas State. I think it's an off year and maybe that's why they were so late with the schedule.

My point was with so many Texas and LA schools nearby, UTRGV should not have to resort to playing non D1 schools!
09-02-2019 10:31 PM
Vaqueronation Offline
2nd String

I Root For: utrgv
If you take out the money games of Creighton, Tx Tech, and Oklahoma. The rest of the ooc schedule looks very winnable. The seemingly tough games of SD state, Sam Houston St, and Omaha all lost 3 of their 4 top scorers. SD state even lost their head coach.

Last year we had 17 ooc games. This time we have 14. Maybe some more games will be added?
09-06-2019 04:07 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.