UAB Blazers

Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Social media: ‘Beware of Greeks bearing gifts’
bftb Offline
Go Blazers!

I Root For: UAB
Social media: ‘Beware of Greeks bearing gifts’
I do not know who is behind the Legion Field twitter account or the new Facebook accounts questioning the new stadium. But they are playing UAB fans, stirring up strife and baiting us into retweets, reposts and responses. The Legion Field account made one comment about a 45K attendance figure and many people assumed it was real and retweeted it without checking the validity. The Facebook account that is stirring the stadium pot—supposedly a UAB fan—is new and looks very suspicious.

It would not surprise me if some of these accounts are being set up just to undermine UAB fans, divide us, and make us look like idiots. Be careful how (or if) you respond, and don’t take anything at face value. And as someone reminded us in a comment on Facebook: “Beware of Greeks bearing gifts.”
(This post was last modified: 09-02-2019 10:38 AM by bftb.)
09-02-2019 08:47 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

UAB Schnauzer Offline
1st String

RE: Social media: ‘Beware of Greeks bearing gifts’
Tin foil is on sale at dollar tree
09-02-2019 02:13 PM
josephblazer2770 Offline
Banned

Look don't take to much heed to all that nonsense those guys and yes those guys is the last thing they want to see Birmingham have a state of the art Stadium. They will fight tooth and nails until its built then they will shut up and move on you got to build and Build the continuation. You got so called Blazer fans that are like Dungen and Dragon guys they don't care. That's why I really don't listen to them.

When, I say Mark knot speaking of the Ad. the New Construction is standing in his path on a ride. They can dill with it, you can't build if you don't have construction. They a bunch of Marks. You and I know it. They will like it when its built and cleaned up until then they will peo everyday. You can't have it both ways. Probally interrupting their underground life oh well, to say this polite f their underground life. You know how it is.
(This post was last modified: 09-02-2019 03:15 PM by josephblazer2770.)
09-02-2019 03:03 PM
UABFRENCHY Offline
Heisman

Donators
I left after the first quaRter because i had other engagement
i was walking to my car and i meet a guy with an UAB golf shirt showing me a picture of the new stadium and complaining about the number of row on UAB side
i turn aroud and show Legion field to him and I said this NEW stadium will be better then that piece of crap ,,,and he said no
I told him YOU ARE A ******* MORON and I KEEP WALKING TO MY CAR
09-02-2019 03:56 PM
Advertisement

Jball Offline
1st String

I Root For:
(09-02-2019 08:47 AM)bftb Wrote:  I do not know who is behind the Legion Field twitter account or the new Facebook accounts questioning the new stadium. But they are playing UAB fans, stirring up strife and baiting us into retweets, reposts and responses. The Legion Field account made one comment about a 45K attendance figure and many people assumed it was real and retweeted it without checking the validity. The Facebook account that is stirring the stadium pot—supposedly a UAB fan—is new and looks very suspicious.

It would not surprise me if some of these accounts are being set up just to undermine UAB fans, divide us, and make us look like idiots. Be careful how (or if) you respond, and don’t take anything at face value. And as someone reminded us in a comment on Facebook: “Beware of Greeks bearing gifts.”

If I give you a gift, that would be ok...
09-02-2019 04:51 PM
Smaug Offline
Happnin' Dude

I Root For: Dragons

BlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk Award
(09-02-2019 02:13 PM)UAB Schnauzer Wrote:  Tin foil is on sale at dollar tree

We come by it honest.
09-02-2019 05:16 PM
BlazerFromMD Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UAB, USNA
(09-02-2019 03:56 PM)UABFRENCHY Wrote:  I left after the first quaRter because i had other engagement
i was walking to my car and i meet a guy with an UAB golf shirt showing me a picture of the new stadium and complaining about the number of row on UAB side
i turn aroud and show Legion field to him and I said this NEW stadium will be better then that piece of crap ,,,and he said no
I told him YOU ARE A ******* MORON and I KEEP WALKING TO MY CAR

04-cheers04-cheers04-cheers04-cheers04-cheers
09-02-2019 05:32 PM
Advertisement

BlazerFromMD Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UAB, USNA
(09-02-2019 02:13 PM)UAB Schnauzer Wrote:  Tin foil is on sale at dollar tree

I didn't know Dollar Tree had sales. That would be pretty lame.

I find it interesting that you chime in on every conversation about the stadium troll.

It's almost as if the criticism of the troll is hitting a little to close to home for him you.
09-02-2019 05:38 PM
the_blazerman Offline
Legend

There were people still entering the stadium in the 2nd quarter.
09-02-2019 05:42 PM
bftb Offline
Go Blazers!

(09-02-2019 04:51 PM)Jball Wrote:  
(09-02-2019 08:47 AM)bftb Wrote:  I do not know who is behind the Legion Field twitter account or the new Facebook accounts questioning the new stadium. But they are playing UAB fans, stirring up strife and baiting us into retweets, reposts and responses. The Legion Field account made one comment about a 45K attendance figure and many people assumed it was real and retweeted it without checking the validity. The Facebook account that is stirring the stadium pot—supposedly a UAB fan—is new and looks very suspicious.

If I give you a gift, that would be ok...

Actually thought of you when I posted that. You are my favorite Greek and you have blessed me with many gifts over the years.
09-03-2019 10:48 AM
Advertisement

mixduptransistor Offline
Hall of Famer

I have no doubt it's a political operation by someone in Birmingham who wants money to flow to Graymont Ave, and I am assured this by the fact that they were so incompetent that they waited to start the campaign until after the groundbreaking for the new one. It has Birmingham machine politics written all over it
09-03-2019 05:54 PM
BlazerMatt Offline
Super Moderator

I Root For:
DonatorsFolding@NCAAbbsFolding@NCAAbbsBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk Award
(09-03-2019 05:54 PM)mixduptransistor Wrote:  I have no doubt it's a political operation by someone in Birmingham who wants money to flow to Graymont Ave, and I am assured this by the fact that they were so incompetent that they waited to start the campaign until after the groundbreaking for the new one. It has Birmingham machine politics written all over it

The end result is that any changes to the design process at this point would almost assuredly mean the stadium wouldn’t open for the ‘21 season and delaying the stadium while looking for ways to kill it is exactly what you would expect for enemies of UAB football to try.
09-03-2019 06:23 PM
mixduptransistor Offline
Hall of Famer

(09-03-2019 06:23 PM)BlazerMatt Wrote:  
(09-03-2019 05:54 PM)mixduptransistor Wrote:  I have no doubt it's a political operation by someone in Birmingham who wants money to flow to Graymont Ave, and I am assured this by the fact that they were so incompetent that they waited to start the campaign until after the groundbreaking for the new one. It has Birmingham machine politics written all over it

The end result is that any changes to the design process at this point would almost assuredly mean the stadium wouldn’t open for the ‘21 season and delaying the stadium while looking for ways to kill it is exactly what you would expect for enemies of UAB football to try.

It's too late to make changes, some idiot in the parking lot of Legion Field doesn't have *that* kind of pull
09-03-2019 06:27 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.