Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

What games/stadiums are you going to this year?
quo vadis Online
Legend

I Root For: USF/Georgetown
RE: What games/stadiums are you going to this year?
(08-02-2019 09:45 AM)IWokeUpLikeThis Wrote:  Week 1
Thu - Georgia Tech @ Clemson
Fri - Utah St @ Wake Forest
11am - East Carolina @ NC State
5pm - Syracuse @ Liberty
Mon - Notre Dame @ Louisville

Who are you, a network color or play by play man?
08-03-2019 11:26 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
cubucks Offline
All American

I Root For: tOSU/UNL/Ohio
(08-03-2019 11:26 AM)quo vadis Wrote:  
5pm - Syracuse @ Liberty

No kidding!
08-03-2019 11:57 AM
Cyniclone Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: ODU
(08-03-2019 11:26 AM)quo vadis Wrote:  
5pm - Syracuse @ Liberty

I know you're joking but there's no way someone on the TV crew could finish a game at Raleigh around 2 p.m. (probably more like 3) and be in Lynchburg for a 5 p.m. start. They have to be on site hours before the game doing prep. It's going to be a stretch for a fan to see both without missing the end of ECU/NCSU, the start of SU/LU, or both.
08-03-2019 12:11 PM
DFW HOYA Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Georgetown
(08-03-2019 06:29 AM)DawgNBama Wrote:  DFW Hoya, what is Cooper Field?? If it's college football, at any level, it counts, IMO. Sadly, I won't be going to any games until my son grows up some more. Then I will be attending games again, with him.

Cooper Field is the phantom stadium of the Northeast's phantom program, Georgetown. The Hoyas have one national TV appearance in the last 19 years (ESPNU) along with one winning season in that same time.

In 1999, plans were drawn up for a new on-campus stadium, which has gone through nearly a dozen design changes and all sorts of fits and starts, some over money, some over construction priorities, and at least one former Georgetown (and current Pac-12) athletic director who reportedly didn't get behind it it because he didn't want it on his resume.

Plans were to open the new facility for the 2005 season opener. The construction was way behind and so they announced that the season would be played on temporary seats with more construction to come for 2006. Well, it never came, and there are still temporary seats on the field, with no permanent locker rooms nor permanent concession and restroom facilities.

In 2013, a $50 million gift breathed new life into the project. But the gift was not a outright check but a series of annuities, and the project missed deadlines in 2015 and 2017. Now, one side is being built this summer but it too is delayed and no one is saying if it will be ready in six weeks. Try selling that to a recruit!

It's lead to a lot of grumbling among football fans and alumni that frankly should supporting the team more than they do. It's also led a lot of opponents to write off Georgetown as an opponent. There are 14 FCS schools within 150 miles of Washington. None play Georgetown.

Maybe this image will help.

[Image: proposed_900.jpg]
(This post was last modified: 08-03-2019 01:14 PM by DFW HOYA.)
08-03-2019 01:13 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
utpotts Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Toledo
(08-03-2019 11:17 AM)cubucks Wrote:  
(08-02-2019 01:47 PM)utpotts Wrote:  Texas A&M at Clemson
Michigan State at Ohio State
Ohio State at Michigan
Nice!

I'll actually be at all Ohio State games outside of the UC game for work. I can't pass up tickets for A&M/ Clemson.
08-03-2019 04:23 PM
ChrisLords Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Virginia Tech
Virginia Tech @ Georgia Tech
08-03-2019 04:57 PM
TripleA Offline
Legend

I Root For: Memphis Tigers

Memphis Hall of Fame
(08-02-2019 08:50 AM)Gamecock Wrote:  Since it is now August and we actually get games this month, I figured it'd be cool to see what everyone's plans are for this season. I suspect most people are just going to see their team and their home stadium, but was curious if anyone had anything new on the agenda.

For me, I'll be going to all the SC home games plus making the trip out to College Station for SC/A&M. Will be my first time going out there and I've heard nothing but good things.

I'll also be going to SC/UNC in Charlotte. I generally hate these neutral site games because they are over priced and under attended, but it is only an hour and a half up the road.

What's everyone else planning for this year?

As part of my bucket list in my retirement, I try to make as many different tailgates as I can. I plan to start in late Sept. or early Oct. to avoid the worst of the heat.

My plan this year is:

9/28 Kentucky at South Carolina
10/5 North Carolina at Georgia Tech
10/12 South Carolina at Georgia

11/2 Miami at Florida State
11/9 LSU at Alabama
11/16 LSU at Ole Miss

Last year, disregarding the heat, I took in:

Mercer at Memphis
Kentucky at Florida
Ga State at Memphis
Florida at Tennessee
Memphis at Tulane
Ole Miss at LSU
Tennessee at Auburn
Georgia-Florida at Jacksonville
Louisville at Clemson
08-03-2019 10:45 PM
DawgNBama Offline
the Rush Limbaugh of CSNBBS

I Root For: conservativism/MAGA
(08-03-2019 01:13 PM)DFW HOYA Wrote:  
(08-03-2019 06:29 AM)DawgNBama Wrote:  DFW Hoya, what is Cooper Field?? If it's college football, at any level, it counts, IMO. Sadly, I won't be going to any games until my son grows up some more. Then I will be attending games again, with him.

Cooper Field is the phantom stadium of the Northeast's phantom program, Georgetown. The Hoyas have one national TV appearance in the last 19 years (ESPNU) along with one winning season in that same time.
In 1999, plans were drawn up for a new on-campus stadium, which has gone through nearly a dozen design changes and all sorts of fits and starts, some over money, some over construction priorities, and at least one former Georgetown (and current Pac-12) athletic director who reportedly didn't get behind it it because he didn't want it on his resume.

That is weird, unless he's the current UCLA AD. It sounds like he was a horrible fit for both Gtown and definitely whatever Pac 12 school he's at. From what I see, it sounds like he would be a lot better as a Division 2 AD.

Quote:Plans were to open the new facility for the 2005 season opener. The construction was way behind and so they announced that the season would be played on temporary seats with more construction to come for 2006. Well, it never came, and there are still temporary seats on the field, with no permanent locker rooms nor permanent concession and restroom facilities.

In 2013, a $50 million gift breathed new life into the project. But the gift was not a outright check but a series of annuities, and the project missed deadlines in 2015 and 2017. Now, one side is being built this summer but it too is delayed and no one is saying if it will be ready in six weeks. Try selling that to a recruit!

It's lead to a lot of grumbling among football fans and alumni that frankly should supporting the team more than they do. It's also led a lot of opponents to write off Georgetown as an opponent. There are 14 FCS schools within 150 miles of Washington. None play Georgetown.

Maybe this image will help.

[Image: proposed_900.jpg]
horrible delivery and I agree with you on it!!!

Actual D2 stadium below
[Image: west_alabama_stadium_1.jpg]
(This post was last modified: 08-03-2019 11:22 PM by DawgNBama.)
08-03-2019 11:00 PM
arkstfan Away
Sorry folks

I Root For: Fresh Starts
(08-03-2019 08:41 AM)SkullyMaroo Wrote:  
(08-02-2019 01:42 PM)arkstfan Wrote:  I plan to hit all 6 AState home games.

Original plan was to go to AState at UNLV in week 2 but I'm going to a conference in Reno a month later that I'm paying for myself so I'm not paying airfare to Nevada twice in a few weeks.

Probably drive to Monroe for AState at ULM. Depending on the stakes and my mood, might go to Mobile for the regular season finale at South Alabama

It will be the last conference game played at Ladd Stadium! And if the Mobile, Alabama Bowl moves to USA’s new Hancock Whitney Stadium then it might be the last time Arkansas State plays there too.

Surely the game will move.
08-05-2019 11:51 AM
Native Georgian Offline
Legend

I Root For: TULANE+GA.STATE
Plan to be at:

Murray State at Georgia. 07th September @Sanford Stadium.
Reinhardt (NAIA) at Kennesaw State (FCS). 28th September @Fifth Third Stadium.
Army at Georgia State. 19th October @Georgia State Stadium.
08-05-2019 12:03 PM
YNot Offline
All American

I Root For: BYU
I'm excited for USC, Washington, Boise State, and the Ewetes in Provo.

I'm super excited to visit Knoxville next month when BYU plays @ Tennessee. I also plan to attend the BYU game @ Utah State in Logan and to spend Thanksgiving in southern California when BYU plays @ San Diego State. I *might* make the trip to see BYU play @ Toledo - I can visit a client in Columbus and have family in nearby Michigan.
08-05-2019 12:26 PM
kevinwmsn Offline
1st String

I Root For: South Alabama
(08-05-2019 11:51 AM)arkstfan Wrote:  
(08-03-2019 08:41 AM)SkullyMaroo Wrote:  
(08-02-2019 01:42 PM)arkstfan Wrote:  I plan to hit all 6 AState home games.

Original plan was to go to AState at UNLV in week 2 but I'm going to a conference in Reno a month later that I'm paying for myself so I'm not paying airfare to Nevada twice in a few weeks.

Probably drive to Monroe for AState at ULM. Depending on the stakes and my mood, might go to Mobile for the regular season finale at South Alabama

It will be the last conference game played at Ladd Stadium! And if the Mobile, Alabama Bowl moves to USA’s new Hancock Whitney Stadium then it might be the last time Arkansas State plays there too.

Surely the game will move.

It will, but they won't announce a change until the stadium is complete. Hopefully Arkansas State won't have to play 2 games in about 6 weeks there. We would like to have you in Mobile, but will the fans want to travel back that quickly? Maybe the bowl selection committee will have good sense to do that?
08-05-2019 01:38 PM
OdinFrigg Offline
Gone Fishing

I Root For: Canine & Avian
Alabama @ South Carolina (9/19)
08-05-2019 01:43 PM
Gamecock Offline
All American

I Root For: South Carolina
(08-03-2019 10:45 PM)TripleA Wrote:  
(08-02-2019 08:50 AM)Gamecock Wrote:  Since it is now August and we actually get games this month, I figured it'd be cool to see what everyone's plans are for this season. I suspect most people are just going to see their team and their home stadium, but was curious if anyone had anything new on the agenda.

For me, I'll be going to all the SC home games plus making the trip out to College Station for SC/A&M. Will be my first time going out there and I've heard nothing but good things.

I'll also be going to SC/UNC in Charlotte. I generally hate these neutral site games because they are over priced and under attended, but it is only an hour and a half up the road.

What's everyone else planning for this year?

As part of my bucket list in my retirement, I try to make as many different tailgates as I can. I plan to start in late Sept. or early Oct. to avoid the worst of the heat.

My plan this year is:

9/28 Kentucky at South Carolina
10/5 North Carolina at Georgia Tech
10/12 South Carolina at Georgia

11/2 Miami at Florida State
11/9 LSU at Alabama
11/16 LSU at Ole Miss

Last year, disregarding the heat, I took in:

Mercer at Memphis
Kentucky at Florida
Ga State at Memphis
Florida at Tennessee
Memphis at Tulane
Ole Miss at LSU
Tennessee at Auburn
Georgia-Florida at Jacksonville
Louisville at Clemson

First time coming to Columbia for a game? Even if you have, the area around the stadium has changed a ton (for the better) in just the last five years. Let me know if you have any questions or anything.
08-05-2019 02:07 PM
Gamecock Offline
All American

I Root For: South Carolina
(08-05-2019 01:43 PM)OdinFrigg Wrote:  Alabama @ South Carolina (9/19)

I'm hoping for Gameday for that one.

Not much else going on that weekend. There is Clemson/Syracuse (Gameday is likely visiting for Clemson/A&M the week before though), Iowa/Iowa State, and UCF/Stanford. Not a lot else.
08-05-2019 02:09 PM
panite Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Owls-SC-RU-Navy
Couple of Rutgers games.

Looking at Clemson - South Carolina tickets right now.

One trip to the LINC for a Temple Game.

Rutgers at Penn State if the Clemson - South Carolina Game falls through.

Would like to finally get to Michie and see Army if possible.

Kutztown Home Coming - 2 free beers at the kids Alumni Tent.

07-coffee3
08-10-2019 12:20 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.