WMU Broncos

Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Trump's military parade on the 4th.
Rasser Offline
Banned

I Root For: World peas
Trump's military parade on the 4th.
We have refugee's in inhumane concentration style camps and tanks in DC. Awesome. For some reason, this is feeling less and less like a democracy here.

When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross.

I think that quote, whether it's Sinclair's or not, is more on the mark than ever. Trump's wanting generals at his side is even more troubling. If he were REALLY wanting to celebrate our independence and democracy, how about instead having the leaders of the other "co-equal" branches of government up there with him?
(This post was last modified: 07-03-2019 08:59 AM by Rasser.)
07-03-2019 08:55 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

gobaseline Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
RE: Trump's military parade on the 4th.
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/opini...nds-apathy

Is there a chance they can hold the parade with tanks in Portland Oregon?
(This post was last modified: 07-03-2019 09:44 AM by gobaseline.)
07-03-2019 09:43 AM
Rasser Offline
Banned

(07-03-2019 09:43 AM)gobaseline Wrote:  https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/opini...nds-apathy

How about Charlottesville. They can be free to run liberals over then?!

So "deflecting old man", do you think that Trump and his parade of military vehicles with generals at his side is ok?

[Image: darth-vader-quotes.jpg?quality=100&w=650]
(This post was last modified: 07-03-2019 10:08 AM by Rasser.)
07-03-2019 10:03 AM
Bronc33 Offline
1st String

I Root For: WMU
Word on the street is that Trump won't be able to make the parade on account of his bone spurs.
07-03-2019 10:08 AM
Rasser Offline
Banned

(07-03-2019 10:08 AM)Bronc33 Wrote:  Word on the street is that Trump won't be able to make the parade on account of his bone spurs.

I thought it was going to be "Stormy".
07-03-2019 10:09 AM
gobaseline Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
(07-03-2019 10:03 AM)Rasser Wrote:  
(07-03-2019 09:43 AM)gobaseline Wrote:  https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/opini...nds-apathy

So "deflecting old man", do you think that Trump and his parade of military vehicles with generals at his side is ok?

Pot calling the kettle black.

What’s to deflect? But I’ll play the game. I’m not a fan of Trump the person. I’d rather watch a parade then be in it. Do you like trump like to be center stage.

But back to Portland. What do you think of the ruffians? And the fact that the police stand by and watch people get beat up?
07-03-2019 11:32 AM
Advertisement

MajorHoople Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: WMU Broncos
Does anybody seriously believe that Trump's 4th of July demonstration is not because of what he's seen in North Korea and Russia?

Regardless of one's politics - the man is a narcissistic, misogynistic, racist, compulsive liar who is unfit to be Commander in Chief of our country.
07-03-2019 03:42 PM
wmubroncopilot Offline
Heisman

(07-03-2019 11:32 AM)gobaseline Wrote:  
(07-03-2019 10:03 AM)Rasser Wrote:  

Pot calling the kettle black.

What’s to deflect? But I’ll play the game. I’m not a fan of Trump the person. I’d rather watch a parade then be in it. Do you like trump like to be center stage.

But back to Portland. What do you think of the ruffians? And the fact that the police stand by and watch people get beat up?

That's a mischaracterization of the police there, who actually just lied about cement milkshakes to try to sway public opinion about Antifa.

I think Antifa is way over the top and certainly not effective, but look, if the Proud Boys, who are basically neo-Nazis, are going to take to the streets and march in our country I'm not shedding any tears when they get beat up. It's very telling how people frame this issue.
07-03-2019 05:54 PM
ess Offline
1st String

I Root For: The individual
(07-03-2019 11:32 AM)gobaseline Wrote:  But back to Portland. What do you think of the ruffians? And the fact that the police stand by and watch people get beat up?

Remember the national outrage (MSM, late night TV, celebrities, social media, etc) over this dangerous individual?

[Image: cb2fc387-2fe6-450f-81d6-794680d20ebd.jpe...fset=165x0]

Yet, near silence from those same individuals about this

Done by people who claim to champion inclusion, tolerance, and diversity.

Virtue at it's finest.

Imagine if skin heads, or the KKK had attacked and injured this gay, asian reporter.

Anyone think the coverage/response would have been the same?

Serious question.

What did this man do to provoke this treatment?

In his own words
(This post was last modified: 07-03-2019 06:00 PM by ess.)
07-03-2019 05:59 PM
gobaseline Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
(07-03-2019 05:59 PM)ess Wrote:  
(07-03-2019 11:32 AM)gobaseline Wrote:  But back to Portland. What do you think of the ruffians? And the fact that the police stand by and watch people get beat up?

Remember the national outrage (MSM, late night TV, celebrities, social media, etc) over this dangerous individual?

Virtue at it's finest.

Imagine if skin heads, or the KKK had attacked and injured this gay, asian reporter.

Serious question.

In his own words

Agreed and that was my point. It’s telling how some people here frame the narrative. 03-melodramatic
07-03-2019 06:17 PM
wmubroncopilot Offline
Heisman

(07-03-2019 05:59 PM)ess Wrote:  

Virtue at it's finest.

Serious question.

In his own words

This is an interesting read about that event: https://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics/...proud-boys

Not going to remotely condone attacking a bystander. But this guy is also stirring sh-t up on purpose. Like that favorite old conservative phrase: "play stupid games, win stupid prizes"? I always hated that dumb phrase, but hey, maybe be consistent!

If you want to play the whataboutism game, I didn't see the outrage from the right when protestors got hit by cars.

Anyone condoning Antifa violence is wrong. But there's no moral high ground for the right, sorry.
07-03-2019 06:23 PM
Advertisement

ess Offline
1st String

I Root For: The individual
(07-03-2019 06:23 PM)wmubroncopilot Wrote:  This is an interesting read about that event: https://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics/...proud-boys

Quote:“Violence is completely wrong, and I find it sad and weak to allow a sniveling weasel like Andy Ngo to get under one’s skin like this. But I’m also not going to pretend that this wasn’t Ngo’s goal from the start,” tweeted Charlotte Clymer, a press secretary at the LGBTQ advocacy group Human Rights Campaign. (Ngo himself is gay.)

"His goal from the start"

Interesting take, and entirely plausible.

He was hoping to be violently attacked, and hospitalized with a subarachnoid hemorrhage.

If true he's playing chess while everyone else is playing checkers.

And those numnuts from ANTIFA fell for his trap.

Quote:Ngo is not an innocent victim but a far-right sympathizer who has doxxed antifa members in the past, potentially facilitating their harassment, and provokes them so that he can broadcast the result.

What exactly is a "far-right sympathizer"?

And how does/did this gay asian qualify for this label?

"Potentially facilitating harassment"?

This author wants to be taken seriously?

Quote:The outpouring of sympathy for Ngo, in this account, is actually evidence that the mainstream media is falling for Ngo’s grift — funneling money to his Patreon and legitimizing a right-wing smear campaign against a group that’s working to protect people from the threat of violence from groups like the Proud Boys.

ANTIFA is "working to protect people from the threat of violence"?

Quote:If you want to play the whataboutism game, I didn't see the outrage from the right when protestors got hit by cars.

I wasn't "playing" that.

What "right-leaning" person were you hoping to hear from?
(This post was last modified: 07-03-2019 07:28 PM by ess.)
07-03-2019 07:18 PM
wmubroncopilot Offline
Heisman

(07-03-2019 07:18 PM)ess Wrote:  
(07-03-2019 06:23 PM)wmubroncopilot Wrote:  This is an interesting read about that event: https://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics/...proud-boys

Quote:“Violence is completely wrong, and I find it sad and weak to allow a sniveling weasel like Andy Ngo to get under one’s skin like this. But I’m also not going to pretend that this wasn’t Ngo’s goal from the start,” tweeted Charlotte Clymer, a press secretary at the LGBTQ advocacy group Human Rights Campaign. (Ngo himself is gay.)

He was hoping to be violently attacked, and hospitalized with a subarachnoid hemorrhage.

Quote:Ngo is not an innocent victim but a far-right sympathizer who has doxxed antifa members in the past, potentially facilitating their harassment, and provokes them so that he can broadcast the result.

Quote:The outpouring of sympathy for Ngo, in this account, is actually evidence that the mainstream media is falling for Ngo’s grift — funneling money to his Patreon and legitimizing a right-wing smear campaign against a group that’s working to protect people from the threat of violence from groups like the Proud Boys.

Quote:If you want to play the whataboutism game, I didn't see the outrage from the right when protestors got hit by cars.

I wasn't "playing" that.

Oh, so sorry to lump you in with a group based on your comments. Not like you did that in your last post or anything.

A gay Asian can't be far right? Interesting collectivism. I was fully unaware of that, you should probably tell Milo that gays can't be far right.

And while this Ngo guy sounds like he thoroughly sucks, that doesn't excuse unprovoked violence in any way. The Proud Boys, however, get no sympathy from me. They provoke and incite violence at their "protests" and have been observed making threats and plans (that I'm sure most are too chickensh*t to carry out) online, so when Antifa (foolishly IMO) gives them what they're asking for, they can take it like men.
07-03-2019 09:46 PM
Boca Rocket Offline
Legend

I Root For:
(07-03-2019 03:42 PM)MajorHoople Wrote:  Does anybody seriously believe that Trump's 4th of July demonstration is not because of what he's seen in North Korea and Russia?

Regardless of one's politics - the man is a narcissistic, misogynistic, racist, compulsive liar who is unfit to be Commander in Chief of our country.

If you read Rick Noack's piece in the Washington Post
Trump was inspired by France's Military might displayed in the 2017 Bastille Day Parade.
07-03-2019 09:46 PM
gobaseline Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
(07-03-2019 09:46 PM)wmubroncopilot Wrote:  

I wasn't "playing" that.

Oh, so sorry to lump you in with a group based on your comments. Not like you did that in your last post or anything.

A gay Asian can't be far right? Interesting collectivism. I was fully unaware of that, you should probably tell Milo that gays can't be far right.

And while this Ngo guy sounds like he thoroughly sucks, that doesn't excuse unprovoked violence in any way. The Proud Boys, however, get no sympathy from me. They provoke and incite violence at their "protests" and have been observed making threats and plans (that I'm sure most are too chickensh*t to carry out) online, so when Antifa (foolishly IMO) gives them what they're asking for, they can take it like men.

No excuse, you don’t condone but he sucks, he stirs the pot .... besides yourself who are you kidding?03-idea
07-03-2019 10:04 PM
wmubroncopilot Offline
Heisman

(07-03-2019 10:04 PM)gobaseline Wrote:  

I wasn't "playing" that.

No excuse, you don’t condone but he sucks, he stirs the pot .... besides yourself who are you kidding?03-idea

It's possible to acknowledge the truth while still not condoning. Sorry if that's too complicated for you.
07-03-2019 10:31 PM
Advertisement

gobaseline Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
(07-03-2019 10:31 PM)wmubroncopilot Wrote:  

I wasn't "playing" that.

It's possible to acknowledge the truth while still not condoning. Sorry if that's too complicated for you.

Agreed, but that’s not what you did.

You rationalize the beating because you disagree with this guys views. There is no other reason for your stated opinion of his political stances. And you’re correct it isn’t complicated.
07-03-2019 10:46 PM
wmubroncopilot Offline
Heisman

(07-03-2019 10:46 PM)gobaseline Wrote:  
(07-03-2019 07:18 PM)ess Wrote:  "His goal from the start"

I wasn't "playing" that.

You rationalize the beating because you disagree with this guys views. There is no other reason for your stated opinion of his political stances. And you’re correct it isn’t complicated.

True: The guy sucks.

Also true: A guy sucking is not an excuse for violence.

All I said.

Read more into that if you want (your MO). Your problem, not mine.
07-03-2019 10:47 PM
gobaseline Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
(07-03-2019 10:47 PM)wmubroncopilot Wrote:  
(07-03-2019 09:46 PM)wmubroncopilot Wrote:  Oh, so sorry to lump you in with a group based on your comments. Not like you did that in your last post or anything.

All I said.

I read only what you wrote. Clearly that’s a problem.

Back to ESS’s question ... what did this guy do to deserve being assaulted? We understand you don’t condone indiscriminate violence. So why the qualifiers describing him? Rationalizing? 05-nono
07-03-2019 11:18 PM
wmubroncopilot Offline
Heisman

(07-03-2019 11:18 PM)gobaseline Wrote:  
(07-03-2019 10:47 PM)wmubroncopilot Wrote:  
(07-03-2019 10:04 PM)gobaseline Wrote:  No excuse, you don’t condone but he sucks, he stirs the pot .... besides yourself who are you kidding?03-idea

All I said.

I read only what you wrote. Clearly that’s a problem.

Back to ESS’s question ... what did this guy do to deserve being assaulted? We understand you don’t condone indiscriminate violence. So why the qualifiers describing him? Rationalizing? 05-nono

There's nothing to answer. I never said he deserved it. If you think you've uncovered some grand secret that I'm biased against the dude as a leftist.. congrats? I'm not trying to hide that.

Again, I can say the guy sucks while still acknowledging he did nothing to deserve assault. Whatever point you think you're making doesn't change that.

God you suck at arguing. Randy is actually right about something for once.
(This post was last modified: 07-03-2019 11:29 PM by wmubroncopilot.)
07-03-2019 11:28 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.