Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

MAC Bowl Game Times Announced
Bookmark and Share
Kit-Cat Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Championships
CrappiesCrappiesCrappiesCrappiesCrappies
RE: MAC Bowl Game Times Announced
Quote:“We will return to Detroit as a primary partner in the Quick Lane Bowl versus the Big Ten. It is gratifying to return to Detroit and play in the one bowl game in our geographic footprint. In addition, we will play in four games owned by or partnered with ESPN Events. Each year we will anchor and play in the Famous Idaho Potato Bowl and the Makers Wanted Bahamas Bowl.

We will then play in two games from a rotation among the Cheribundi Boca Raton Bowl; the Camellia Bowl in Montgomery, Ala.; the Cure Bowl in Orlando, Fla.; the Frisco Bowl in Texas; the Myrtle Beach Bowl in South Carolina; and the New Mexico in Albuquerque, N.M. And one or two other games could be added to the mix.

https://www.toledoblade.com/sports/colle...0190723090

A couple of notes here from the commish:

-He didn't list Mobile as part of the MAC's bowl pool.

-He did say 1 or 2 more bowls could be added to the mix. That might mean the MAC may have a rotated slot with the Independence Bowl yet.
(This post was last modified: 07-24-2019 07:33 PM by Kit-Cat.)
07-24-2019 07:32 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Kit-Cat Offline
Hall of Famer

Quote:TUCSON, Ariz., July 24, 2019 – As it enters the fifth year of its inaugural bowl cycle, the NOVA Home Loans Arizona Bowl today announced that it has reached a deal with the Mid-American Conference (MAC) and Mountain West Conference (MW) to provide a fresh slate of teams that may be eligible to play at the December 31 match-up at Arizona Stadium starting in 2020. The MW will return as one of the bowl’s current conference partners, and the MAC steps in to fill the second spot in conference alignments.

“Earlier this year we rolled out our theme of ‘New Traditions’ as our bowl continues to grow, and we’re thrilled that one of our new, years-long traditions is a partnership with the MAC and the Mountain West,” said Kym Adair, executive director of the NOVA Home Loans Arizona Bowl. “And the irony that 2020 will be the first year of this partnership was not lost on us given the shared 20/20 vision that we all have for taking this bowl to new heights.”

The NOVA Home Loans Arizona Bowl will take a large leap in selection priority among the conference’s bowl-eligible programs. The ability to jump to upper echelon picks in the aligned conferences will allow for top quality football teams to make their way to the desert in December. “Our picks will be among the top picks available from the conferences,” said Adair.

https://themw.com/news/2019/7/25/footbal...cycle.aspx

Official Arizona Bowl announcement.

As I expected the Arizona Bowl would be high pick in the MAC selection order. It may even be a #1 pick in most years replacing Mobile as the defacto #1 pick bowl game for the MAC.
07-26-2019 11:02 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Schadenfreude Offline
Professional Tractor Puller

I Root For: Bowling Green

CrappiesCrappiesCrappies
(07-26-2019 11:02 AM)Kit-Cat Wrote:  As I expected the Arizona Bowl would be high pick in the MAC selection order. It may even be a #1 pick in most years replacing Mobile as the defacto #1 pick bowl game for the MAC.

I like it. I really enjoyed my trips to Mobile. They did a great job. But Tucson won't be that difficult for us to get to. I think this is a good change.
07-26-2019 11:09 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Kit-Cat Offline
Hall of Famer

(07-26-2019 11:09 AM)Schadenfreude Wrote:  
(07-26-2019 11:02 AM)Kit-Cat Wrote:  As I expected the Arizona Bowl would be high pick in the MAC selection order. It may even be a #1 pick in most years replacing Mobile as the defacto #1 pick bowl game for the MAC.

I like it. I really enjoyed my trips to Mobile. They did a great job. But Tucson won't be that difficult for us to get to. I think this is a good change.

I could potentially see Boise State losing the MWC Championship game and showing up in Arizona as a #2.

It looks like then its going to be MAC #1/#2 vs. MWC #2/#3 depending if one of the conferences put a team CFP. The MWC #1 is already committed to the new Christmas Bowl against the PAC #7.

I'd expect the Potato is going to become a MAC #5 vs. MWC #5 game with seven or eight win teams competing in it.
(This post was last modified: 07-26-2019 11:34 AM by Kit-Cat.)
07-26-2019 11:34 AM
BuckeyeFlyerFlash Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: OSU/UD/KSU
(07-26-2019 11:34 AM)Kit-Cat Wrote:  
(07-26-2019 11:09 AM)Schadenfreude Wrote:  

I could potentially see Boise State losing the MWC Championship game and showing up in Arizona as a #2.

It looks like then its going to be MAC #1/#2 vs. MWC #2/#3 depending if one of the conferences put a team CFP. The MWC #1 is already committed to the new Christmas Bowl against the PAC #7.

I'd expect the Potato is going to become a MAC #5 vs. MWC #5 game with seven or eight win teams competing in it.

I like the MAC#1/#2 going to Quick Lane (B1G) or Arizona (MWC).. I agree a solid upgrade over the existing cycle! Lots of flights to PHX and only a couple of hour drive to Tuscon.
07-26-2019 12:05 PM
Steve1981 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: UMass
It seems it's possible with 6 bowls that it is possible that the MAC fails to have 6 teams bowl eligible. What are the odds, 15% .
07-27-2019 09:02 PM
prairiedawg Offline
All American

I Root For: NIU HUSKIES
(07-27-2019 09:02 PM)Steve1981 Wrote:  It seems it's possible with 6 bowls that it is possible that the MAC fails to have 6 teams bowl eligible. What are the odds, 15% .

Don't be so desperate bro....not appealing.
07-27-2019 10:47 PM
Kit-Cat Offline
Hall of Famer

(07-27-2019 09:02 PM)Steve1981 Wrote:  It seems it's possible with 6 bowls that it is possible that the MAC fails to have 6 teams bowl eligible. What are the odds, 15% .

Probably 25%.

In the case of a really weak year the MAC can roll back to filling its hosted bowl commitments (Potato, AZ, Bahamas, Detroit) and stick 1 team in the pool.
07-28-2019 02:25 PM
BruceMcF Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Reds/Buckeyes/.
(07-28-2019 02:25 PM)Kit-Cat Wrote:  

Probably 25%.

In the case of a really weak year the MAC can roll back to filling its hosted bowl commitments (Potato, AZ, Bahamas, Detroit) and stick 1 team in the pool.

And if such a year involves a very low Conference-wide Go5 OOC winning percentage, there'd likely be some other Go5 conference with a surplus of qualifying schools. That's an advantage of the pool approach.
07-29-2019 02:11 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.