Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

ACC Network
Lenvillecards Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Louisville
ACC Network
Nice All Access piece on Louisville football.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
09-01-2019 09:28 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
orangefan Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Syracuse
RE: ACC Network
(08-31-2019 07:37 PM)Hallcity Wrote:  
(08-31-2019 08:34 AM)GTFletch Wrote:  On Tuesday, AT&T launched a website for the AT&T TV streaming service. With the site launch, emails from AT&T to customers, press releases, and interviews, we’ve gathered a lot of information about all of AT&T’s streaming services.

These are the key points that we’ll dive into detail about below:

DIRECTV NOW is rebranding as AT&T TV NOW
AT&T TV is a new, separate streaming service
Both will be accessible with an AT&T TV app
AT&T will be launching a streaming box, powered by Android TV for AT&T

What Are AT&T’s 5 TV Services?

DIRECTV – AT&T’s satellite TV service
AT&T TV – this will be the streaming version of DIRECTV
AT&T TV NOW – the rebranded version of DIRECTV NOW
AT&T Watch TV – a $15/month streaming service with limited channels
U-Verse TV – AT&T’s legacy service through its old U-Verse internet service (Reports of phasing this service out and shuffling customers to DIRECTV or AT&T TV or AT&T TV NOW)

Will AT&T Watch TV Still Be Available?

We don’t know yet. AT&T hasn’t said much about AT&T Watch TV in their last few public announcements and interviews. We’ll give an update as soon as we know more about any changes we might see with AT&T Watch TV.

What’s the Difference Between AT&T TV and AT&T TV NOW?

AT&T TV NOW will be the new version of DIRECTV NOW. If you’re currently subscribed to DIRECTV NOW, your app should automatically update to ATT&T NOW when the new version launches. You’ll get 20 hours of Cloud DVR storage with this service.

Link
https://www.cordcuttersnews.com/here-is-...-watch-tv/

So, which of these carry ACCN?

ACCN is carried by the satellite based DirecTV. ACCN is not currently carried by U-Verse or AT&T TV Now (fka DirecTV Now). I don't know what channels will be offered on AT&T TV.

In general, what a freaking branding mess. So confusing, customers will have a difficult sorting out the options.
09-02-2019 07:58 AM
Hallcity Offline
1st String

I Root For: Duke
(09-02-2019 07:58 AM)orangefan Wrote:  
(08-31-2019 08:34 AM)GTFletch Wrote:  On Tuesday, AT&T launched a website for the AT&T TV streaming service. With the site launch, emails from AT&T to customers, press releases, and interviews, we’ve gathered a lot of information about all of AT&T’s streaming services.

U-Verse TV – AT&T’s legacy service through its old U-Verse internet service (Reports of phasing this service out and shuffling customers to DIRECTV or AT&T TV or AT&T TV NOW)

We don’t know yet. AT&T hasn’t said much about AT&T Watch TV in their last few public announcements and interviews. We’ll give an update as soon as we know more about any changes we might see with AT&T Watch TV.

AT&T TV NOW will be the new version of DIRECTV NOW. If you’re currently subscribed to DIRECTV NOW, your app should automatically update to ATT&T NOW when the new version launches. You’ll get 20 hours of Cloud DVR storage with this service.

Link

ACCN is carried by the satellite based DirecTV. ACCN is not currently carried by U-Verse or AT&T TV Now (fka DirecTV Now). I don't know what channels will be offered on AT&T TV.

In general, what a freaking branding mess. So confusing, customers will have a difficult sorting out the options.

This ACC watch party is too bro-ish. Too much.
09-02-2019 09:08 PM
Hokie Mark Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: VT, ACC teams
(09-02-2019 09:08 PM)Hallcity Wrote:  

Link

I liked the Miami/Florida watch party, but ND/UL not so much. Probably will depend on who's invited to the party. Some guys are just not well-suited for this.
09-02-2019 10:18 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
ChrisLords Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Virginia Tech
(09-02-2019 10:18 PM)Hokie Mark Wrote:  
(09-02-2019 09:08 PM)Hallcity Wrote:  This ACC watch party is too bro-ish. Too much.

I liked the Miami/Florida watch party, but ND/UL not so much. Probably will depend on who's invited to the party. Some guys are just not well-suited for this.

I've found the watch parties to be unwatchable. The national broadcast is so much more enjoyable that I couldn't support the ACCN on those even though I wanted too.
09-03-2019 12:06 AM
cuseroc Offline
Super Moderator

I Root For: Syracuse

Donators

Link

What exactly do you mean by "too bro-ish?"
09-03-2019 06:58 AM
Hallcity Offline
1st String

(09-03-2019 06:58 AM)cuseroc Wrote:  

Link

What exactly do you mean by "too bro-ish?"

Almost cartoonishly directed solely at an 18-35 year old male demographic.
09-03-2019 07:49 AM
Hallcity Offline
1st String

I don't know if there's anything much new here other than the Miami Herald being sympathetic to Comcast and other holdouts who can't understand why ESPN won't let them turn ACCN into a profit center. Why wouldn't ESPN let them charge $15 a month per subscriber for ACCN while only paying ESPN $1 a month per subscriber. Wouldn't that be fair to everyone? Perhaps, some Comcast PR people worked to bring about this article.
https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/spt-c...48272.html
09-03-2019 03:04 PM
Statefan Offline
Banned

I Root For: .
The wife just switched us to Spectrum - told the ACC people to "shove it up their ******* ass till it comes out your ears" after she realized that she could not watch the football games she wanted to watch.

I had explained the situation, but it did not take hold until about 2PM on Saturday
09-03-2019 03:20 PM
nole Offline
1st String

I Root For: FSU
(09-03-2019 03:04 PM)Hallcity Wrote:  I don't know if there's anything much new here other than the Miami Herald being sympathetic to Comcast and other holdouts who can't understand why ESPN won't let them turn ACCN into a profit center. Why wouldn't ESPN let them charge $15 a month per subscriber for ACCN while only paying ESPN $1 a month per subscriber. Wouldn't that be fair to everyone? Perhaps, some Comcast PR people worked to bring about this article.
https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/spt-c...48272.html

When a huge percentage of Florida (the biggest football state in the ACC) can't watch Miami or FSU......it is a big problem. Exposure problem, recruiting problem, money problem.
09-03-2019 07:58 PM
Hokie Mark Offline
Hall of Famer

Exclamation RE: ACC Network
Quote:An executive with one of those two cable companies, who asked not to be quoted because he did not want to inflame the situation, said ESPN is asking for “a significant amount of money” from cable operators to carry the new channel - more than what some cable operators believe is justified.

Hello - if the ACC is going to keep up with the SEC, it has to charge close to the same amount as the SECN charges! TBH, the word on the street is that the ACCN is only asking about $1.00 per sub, as opposed to $1.25 for the SECN - yet I don't hear them complaining about that $1.25.

Quote:That executive said his company asked ESPN to place ACC Network on a sports tier — requiring extra payment from only viewers that want the channel — but ESPN refused.

"only viewers that want the channel?" What if I don't want the SEC Network - you gonna take that off my cable bill? Viewers want the ACCN, dadgum it!

Quote:That executive also pointed out that most of the games on ACC Network were either available on free television last season or through ESPN plus, a video streaming subscription service.

SO WHAT? SEC games used to be on Raycom, too... they aren't any more, and neither are ACC games. Get over it, Comcast and AT&T!

This is a load of horse manure! ACC fans in Florida really need to call their providers and let them know this is ridiculous.

BTW - I know for an absolute fact that some SEC fans have been calling to say they do NOT want their cable company to carry the ACCN.

This is one case where ESPN is totally on the side of the ACC and the cable company is spewing nonsense. Seminole and Hurricane fans need to direct their ire at the right people!
09-03-2019 10:45 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
XLance Online
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Carolina
(09-03-2019 03:20 PM)Statefan Wrote:  The wife just switched us to Spectrum - told the ACC people to "shove it up their ******* ass till it comes out your ears" after she realized that she could not watch the football games she wanted to watch.

I had explained the situation, but it did not take hold until about 2PM on Saturday

Why would she be mad at the ACC for having a network?
09-04-2019 04:28 AM
ChrisLords Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Virginia Tech
(09-03-2019 10:45 PM)Hokie Mark Wrote:  
Quote:An executive with one of those two cable companies, who asked not to be quoted because he did not want to inflame the situation, said ESPN is asking for “a significant amount of money” from cable operators to carry the new channel - more than what some cable operators believe is justified.

Hello - if the ACC is going to keep up with the SEC, it has to charge close to the same amount as the SECN charges! TBH, the word on the street is that the ACCN is only asking about $1.00 per sub, as opposed to $1.25 for the SECN - yet I don't hear them complaining about that $1.25.

Quote:That executive said his company asked ESPN to place ACC Network on a sports tier — requiring extra payment from only viewers that want the channel — but ESPN refused.

"only viewers that want the channel?" What if I don't want the SEC Network - you gonna take that off my cable bill? Viewers want the ACCN, dadgum it!

Quote:That executive also pointed out that most of the games on ACC Network were either available on free television last season or through ESPN plus, a video streaming subscription service.

SO WHAT? SEC games used to be on Raycom, too... they aren't any more, and neither are ACC games. Get over it, Comcast and AT&T!

This is a load of horse manure! ACC fans in Florida really need to call their providers and let them know this is ridiculous.

BTW - I know for an absolute fact that some SEC fans have been calling to say they do NOT want their cable company to carry the ACCN.

This is one case where ESPN is totally on the side of the ACC and the cable company is spewing nonsense. Seminole and Hurricane fans need to direct their ire at the right people!

If they want the Disney channels, the ESPN channels, including the SECN then they're going to have to take the ACCN. That's all there is too it. They will take it eventually. Whenever their contracts with Disney are up, they will have to take the ACCN. The only question is whether they take it this year or wait until they have to renew. And I don't recommend taking less for it just so we can get them signed up now.

Of course, it's not my state not showing VT games. If I was in Florida and an FSU or Miami fan, I might feel differently.
(This post was last modified: 09-04-2019 08:26 AM by ChrisLords.)
09-04-2019 04:45 AM
Statefan Offline
Banned

(09-04-2019 04:28 AM)XLance Wrote:  
(09-03-2019 03:20 PM)Statefan Wrote:  The wife just switched us to Spectrum - told the ACC people to "shove it up their ******* ass till it comes out your ears" after she realized that she could not watch the football games she wanted to watch.

Why would she be mad at the ACC for having a network?

Sorry AT&T

Freudian slip?
09-04-2019 07:48 AM
Hokie Mark Offline
Hall of Famer

(09-04-2019 04:45 AM)ChrisLords Wrote:  
(09-03-2019 10:45 PM)Hokie Mark Wrote:  

If they want the Disney channels, the ESPN channels, including the SECN then they're going to have to take the ACCN. That's all there is too it. They will take it eventually. Whenever their contracts with Disney are up, they will have to take the ACCN. The only question is whether they take it this year or wait until they have to renew. And I don't recommend taking less for it just so we can get them signed up now.

Of course, it's not my state not showing VT games. If I was in Florida and an FSU or Miami fan, I might feel differently.

Well, there are lots of people in NoVa with Comcast, so...

What Comcast needs to think about is this: they WILL be forced to take the ACCN in 2 years at the latest... but how many subscribers will they lose (possibly forever) if they don't sign up immediately?
09-04-2019 08:59 AM
Statefan Offline
Banned

Spectrum in the house - wife happy. Me happy
09-04-2019 11:08 AM
Hallcity Offline
1st String

Cox is now on board the ACCN bus. Just need Comcast and Uverse now.
09-04-2019 04:37 PM
nole Offline
1st String

I Root For: FSU
(09-04-2019 04:37 PM)Hallcity Wrote:  Cox is now on board the ACCN bus. Just need Comcast and Uverse now.

Nice win.

Gotta get comcast.
09-04-2019 04:58 PM
Hokie Mark Offline
Hall of Famer

(09-04-2019 04:58 PM)nole Wrote:  
(09-04-2019 04:37 PM)Hallcity Wrote:  Cox is now on board the ACCN bus. Just need Comcast and Uverse now.

Nice win.

Gotta get comcast.

[Image: 3ri86f_zps324c34f8.jpg]
09-04-2019 05:17 PM
Hallcity Offline
1st String

There’s a report from an NCSU message board that ESPN is allowing an RSN to carry some ACCNX only games so we’re not done with syndication — and we should all be fine with it.
https://247sports.com/college/north-caro...6/?page=19
09-04-2019 05:51 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.