Kent State Golden Flashes

Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

KSU Women’s Golf 2019
thanksjim Offline
All American

I Root For: KSU
RE: KSU Women’s Golf 2019
(10-09-2019 08:25 PM)bopol Wrote:  
(10-09-2019 08:49 AM)thanksjim Wrote:  Won 3rd straight yesterday by a stroke.

Would absolutely hate to think this but Nielsen's daughter was the 5th golfer while someone else played as an individual played considerably better than Nielsen's daughter.

In fairness to Korey Nielsen, she played really good golf in the first 2 tournaments, fourth on the team both times and ahead of Pakdeesettakul in the first tournament of the year. Clearly, Stormo, McGinty and Panthong are an awesome 1-2-3 punch with Nielsen, Salort (who had a great tournament) and Pakdeesettakul all excellent college golfers. This team is a legit national title contender.

Fair enough. Thanks for the clarification!
10-09-2019 08:32 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
ilovegymnast Offline
All American

I Root For: Kent State
The team tried for their 4th straight tournament win and 2nd in 7 days today. Unfortunately they fell by 2 strokes to a Texas team that shot -15 for the final round and charged to the win. Tournament was played at the Longhorns home course. On the bright side they were able to beat Okie State and show up their old coach.
10-13-2019 03:28 PM
Albert Flasher Offline
2nd String

Noticed in the KSU team scoring that Karoline Stormo, the team's top player did not play. Don't know if she was injured or did not qualify for the trip. Makes the finish all that more impressive. The team is really deep.

#GoFlashes
10-13-2019 08:18 PM
cschierh Offline
1st String

Stormo was at Q-school for LOGA, I understand.
10-13-2019 11:27 PM
bopol Offline
All American

I Root For:
Yes, Stormo is at LPGA Q school (see http://scoring.lpga.com/public/QSLeaderboard.aspx#)

There have been issues where top collegiate women golfers leave mid-year to the LPGA. I think Stanford got burned a few years ago by it.

Very good fall season for Kent's women.
10-14-2019 10:41 AM
bopol Offline
All American

I Root For:
Stormo missed the cut for the LPGA qualifying tournament by one stroke. I am pretty sure that Stormo has now earned conditional status on the Symmetra Tour, which is like the Korn Ferry Tour for the LPGA and past experience suggests that she'll be able to play most of their tournaments if that's what she wants to do.

Personally, I kind of hope she sticks around Kent to early June.
10-18-2019 08:28 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.