UAB Blazers

Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Mark Ingram being proactive?
Auburn_Blazer Offline
1st String

I Root For: Auburn & UAB
RE: Mark Ingram being proactive?
(04-10-2019 10:45 AM)ATTALLABLAZE Wrote:  Now the downside is you have JSU and NKU wanting that HH two teams most don’t want to schedule and would complain as much as playing New Orleans and Troy.

I'd personally love either of these (provided that NKU's coach doesn't leave). NKU has been in the KenPom Top-100 each of the past 2 seasons, and I've read great things about their arena. JSU has been right around KenPom Top-150 each of the past 3 seasons with Harper there. Not going to say JSU is as appealing to me as NKU, but I'd love to see the schedule stacked up with as many KenPom Top-100/150 opponents as they can get.
04-10-2019 11:02 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
BAMANBLAZERFAN Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UAB & Bama

BlazerTalk Award
I don't know the financial angles of scheduling H&H outside our region, but there are a lot of schools in other regions with value in their BB programs that might want more "southern exposure" by playing UAB H&H. I know the present state of the Blazer BB program may be a problem(their AD and fans read KenPom, SOS,etc. too), but we have to start somewhere. UNK would be a good beginning for such an outreach program.

I am glad to see the present growth of BB awareness in the southeast as I remember when HS BB was mainly looked at as "off season conditioning" for football players. The idea of top athletes concentrating on their BB skills was completely foreign in most large HS programs in our region.
04-10-2019 12:44 PM
BlazinBham Offline
Banned

I Root For: UAB
I’m looking at it from, Will it put butts in seats and will it be beneficial to our SOS?

Saying we’ll play any Tournament team home and home isn’t going accomplish that. If you can land schools like Murray state, Belmont, Davidson and so on. I think you can have a decent crowd and it would be beneficial to go play them on the road. Now you have schools like Jacksonville state trying to punk you out on twitter.

Playing them in basketball or Troy is no more exciting than playing west Alabama and north Alabama at home as far as drawing a crowd and going to play AAMU in Huntsville.

Now that I’ve read the thread. Much of what Attalla said and more.
(This post was last modified: 04-10-2019 03:47 PM by BlazinBham.)
04-10-2019 03:44 PM
ATTALLABLAZE Offline
Administrator

I Root For: UAB Blazers

The Parliament AwardsCrappiesDonatorsBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardCrappies
I just deleted a five paragraph rant on attendance and opponents. Not worth it.
04-10-2019 05:02 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
LairDweller Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UAB #1/Iowa #2
(04-10-2019 05:02 PM)ATTALLABLAZE Wrote:  I just deleted a five paragraph rant on attendance and opponents. Not worth it.

I wanna read it
04-10-2019 07:41 PM
BlazinBham Offline
Banned

(04-10-2019 07:41 PM)LairDweller Wrote:  
(04-10-2019 05:02 PM)ATTALLABLAZE Wrote:  I just deleted a five paragraph rant on attendance and opponents. Not worth it.

I wanna read it

Same. I typically post on what I’ve read in the first post before reading through the whole thread. I think it’s good to share opinions and then get into discussions to find some common ground.

So, I literally am looking for a good explanation on why we should continue scheduling the same type games, just against different teams.

If the Athletic department doesnt care about winning games(referring to coaching change), than the focus should be to get teams that fans and students moreso recognize to Bartow arena. Even if there is a risk youll fall flat on your face in front of your biggest crowd.

We have a return game from Memphis? When the schedule is released, there should be a separate post saying that this game will be the Bartow classic. Not a 3-4 day notice before the game.
(This post was last modified: 04-10-2019 09:52 PM by BlazinBham.)
04-10-2019 09:50 PM
BlazerGreen Offline
All American

I Root For: UAB, Goals
We appear to be in on several good guards for the late period. These next couple of weeks are huge for Ehsan and UAB basketball. He needs to finish strong and the possibility is certainly out there.

He's not going anywhere so might as well look to recruiting and next season. I've said how I feel but there's no sense in harping on it. Too many other good things to talk about with Blazer sports.

I don't mind playing Jax State but a home and home is a bit much imo. Two for one at best. If this makes me a UAB snob so be it. Gotta draw the line somewhere.
(This post was last modified: 04-11-2019 09:49 AM by BlazerGreen.)
04-11-2019 09:45 AM
ATTALLABLAZE Offline
Administrator

The Parliament AwardsCrappiesDonatorsBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardCrappies
Agree with all you said.
04-11-2019 09:57 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
blazerjay Offline

Donators
now that the little whiny weasel has landed in la-la land, maybe we can play Cincinnati again. They are certainly "regional" enough.
04-11-2019 04:19 PM
UAB Band Dad Online
Occasionally Reasonable

I Root For: A Free UAB!
BlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk Award
I look forward to Mick Cronin at UCLA, the school that all but invented unrealistic expectations.
04-15-2019 09:50 AM
ATTALLABLAZE Offline
Administrator

I do like how the schedule is shaping up I’ll be glad when they start announcing a few games.
04-15-2019 10:10 AM
Big Dee Offline
Banned

I Root For: The U, UaB
(04-15-2019 10:10 AM)ATTALLABLAZE Wrote:  I do like how the schedule is shaping up I’ll be glad when they start announcing a few games.

Now I'm concerned.
04-15-2019 10:25 AM
Big Dee Offline
Banned

Try some inseason H&H close to the areas we like to recruit. Or go on the road and former conference mates.
04-15-2019 10:29 AM
ATTALLABLAZE Offline
Administrator

Glad you are. Rolls eyes.
04-15-2019 10:58 AM
Big Dee Offline
Banned

(04-15-2019 10:58 AM)ATTALLABLAZE Wrote:  Glad you are. Rolls eyes.

Lol
04-15-2019 11:57 AM
hooverblazer Offline
Promoter of UAB

(04-15-2019 10:10 AM)ATTALLABLAZE Wrote:  I do like how the schedule is shaping up I’ll be glad when they start announcing a few games.

Any hints? I think we should have the return game from Memphis at home and I saw on twitter we have a home game against Illinois St.
04-15-2019 12:00 PM
ATTALLABLAZE Offline
Administrator

You can stay here and contribute or you can leave and post elsewhere if you want to troll Dee.
04-15-2019 12:17 PM
the_blazerman Offline
Legend

It will be good to get some higher quality games on the schedule.

Don't be naive though and think that this somehow changes the fact that you must win the conference tournament to get to the NCAA tournament.

Anything to give people more incentive to attend the games.
04-15-2019 01:05 PM
Big Dee Offline
Banned

(04-15-2019 12:17 PM)ATTALLABLAZE Wrote:  You can stay here and contribute or you can leave and post elsewhere if you want to troll Dee.

Lol here we go again.
04-15-2019 01:06 PM
WhatIsThisFeeling Offline
2nd String

(04-15-2019 12:00 PM)hooverblazer Wrote:  

Any hints? I think we should have the return game from Memphis at home and I saw on twitter we have a home game against Illinois St.

I hope we continue that game for the foreseeable future. Torrey Ward meant a lot to UAB and to Illinois State.
04-16-2019 09:14 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.