Kent State Golden Flashes

Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Kent Baseball Players in the Pros - 2019 edition
Polish Hammer Offline
King of all Dukes

I Root For: Kent State/James Madison
RE: Kent Baseball Players in the Pros - 2019 edition
Lauer, Shaw and Williams will be making it a Golden Flashes West locker room.
11-27-2019 04:03 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
bopol Offline
All American

I Root For:
Travis Shaw just got non-tendered by the Brewers. This was a little surprising since Moustakas, the Brewers 3B, just got signed by the Reds today. I figured that Shaw, at ~$4.5M would be a reasonable risk for the Brewers given he is their best 3B option right now (and figuring that there is no way he is as bad as he played last year).

I wouldn't mind if the Indians looked at him and considered moving Rameriz to second. I really think Shaw is a solid player and, even if he falls off from his 2016-17 peak, he still can give some power and be an average 3B.
12-02-2019 08:22 PM
bopol Offline
All American

I Root For:
It looks like Travis Shaw is going to land in Toronto with plans to be their starting 1B. He will be signed for $4M guaranteed with up to $0.75M in incentives. Basically, he'll be getting very close to the same he got in 2019.

I'm a little surprised because I think Shaw has the most value at 3B and the Jays have Guerrero at third, but the Jays lost their 1B and Rowdy Tellez doesn't look like a player you want in the field if it can be avoided. Also, since the Jays are in rebuilding mode, Shaw becomes a potential trade piece if he comes back to his 17-18 form.
12-22-2019 01:56 PM
Polish Hammer Offline
King of all Dukes

I Root For: Kent State/James Madison
He’s motivated and of course will be out to prove doubters wrong; I wish Cleveland wouldn’t signed him for 3B and bumped Ramirez over to 2B.
12-22-2019 09:22 PM
bopol Offline
All American

I Root For:
I doubt Shaw wasn't motivated last year. He started off bad and never could get it going. I don't think that he can really handle being a part time player, so, when he lost his starting job, it just continued. He hit very well at AAA, but when he returned, he just didn't get at-bats.

Sometimes you lose your stroke and things don't go well. I remember having some bad slumps when I played in high school and just thinking as I go up to the plate that nothing good in going to happen. I don't know if pros have the same issues, but I would assume so.

A fresh start will help and the Jays probably won't contend this year (though they just signed Ryu). We'll have to see. I agree, I wish the Indians had signed him though. Even with both other pro teams in Cleveland stinking up the joint, Dolan is doing nothing to win back interest of the fans.
12-23-2019 11:12 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.