UAB Blazers

Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

How quickly we forget...
Big Dee Offline
Banned

I Root For: The U, UaB
RE: How quickly we forget...
We have only one guy with the ability to flat out takeover a game right now in 2019 imho we wouldve had two if JD stayed. Just from a recruiting aspect we seem out of wack regardless scheme and the rest.
03-27-2019 01:39 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Blazer88 Offline
Banned

I Root For: UAB
How many schollys do we have this cycle? I assume we should free up hurtados and that walk ons spot along with the seniors
03-27-2019 01:45 PM
Big Dee Offline
Banned

(03-27-2019 01:45 PM)Blazer88 Wrote:  How many schollys do we have this cycle? I assume we should free up hurtados and that walk ons spot along with the seniors

Four seniors, four scholarships. The fact that Eshan even gave the kid one was troubling. I think if Bertain got his redshirt this year (2 redshirted in one seaon unbelievable smh) I think he's possibly sent packing with Hurtado to make six new bodies.
03-27-2019 02:03 PM
BlazerGreen Offline
All American

I Root For: UAB, Goals
(03-27-2019 02:03 PM)Big Dee Wrote:  
(03-27-2019 01:45 PM)Blazer88 Wrote:  How many schollys do we have this cycle? I assume we should free up hurtados and that walk ons spot along with the seniors

Four seniors, four scholarships. The fact that Eshan even gave the kid one was troubling. I think if Bertain got his redshirt this year (2 redshirted in one seaon unbelievable smh) I think he's possibly sent packing with Hurtado to make six new bodies.

We still seem to be taking visits from freshmen and I'm a little surprised by that. We have to fill out this roster with guys that are ready to play. Signing Lovan late last year gives a little hope that freshmen gems are still out there.

Bryant can flat out play. Got to get him the supporting cast he needs. Two guys that can fill it up and another inside scoring threat. A 5th year senior post that can play is my home run hope.
(This post was last modified: 03-27-2019 02:41 PM by BlazerGreen.)
03-27-2019 02:22 PM
BlazinBham Offline
Banned

Galen Alexander committed to Georgetown
Brandon Ranchal visiting tulsa this weekend.
Curt Lewis visiting EKU this weekend, followed by UAB early next week

Contacted:
Bama Guard Dazon Ingram
Virginia Union guard Damerius Pitts

Not looking for bigs or wings. Dumb.
(This post was last modified: 03-27-2019 02:36 PM by BlazinBham.)
03-27-2019 02:34 PM
Blazer88 Offline
Banned

Hell if we ever get a couple 3 point shooters we’d be good. Don’t need multiple bigs these days
03-27-2019 02:43 PM
BlazerGreen Offline
All American

(03-27-2019 02:34 PM)BlazinBham Wrote:  Galen Alexander committed to Georgetown
Brandon Ranchal visiting tulsa this weekend.
Curt Lewis visiting EKU this weekend, followed by UAB early next week

Contacted:
Bama Guard Dazon Ingram
Virginia Union guard Damerius Pitts

Not looking for bigs or wings. Dumb.

He hasn't entered the portal but if he does I would take Alex Reese. A big that can shoot and strongly considered us at one point.
03-27-2019 02:46 PM
hooverblazer Offline
Promoter of UAB

I don't think we need another center with Butler and Jude on the roster. Need a couple guards to replace Perry & Bell and a stretch forward.
03-27-2019 02:58 PM
BlazerGreen Offline
All American

(03-27-2019 02:58 PM)hooverblazer Wrote:  I don't think we need another center with Butler and Jude on the roster. Need a couple guards to replace Perry & Bell and a stretch forward.

On paper we do look ok inside, IF Butler recovers close to 100% and Jude can come close to resembling his recruiting rank. I expect Mak to be solid. I think we need an additional big for scoring punch and just for insurance.

I watched the Bammers a good bit and Reese isn't a 5 (much to the chagrin of some of their fans). I think he's more of that stretch 4 with range. Not the greatest defender but probably as good as we could get this late.

He hasn't hit the portal but it wouldn't surprise me. I would take him and Dazon in a heartbeat.
03-27-2019 03:11 PM
Big Dee Offline
Banned

(03-27-2019 02:22 PM)BlazerGreen Wrote:  
(03-27-2019 02:03 PM)Big Dee Wrote:  

We still seem to be taking visits from freshmen and I'm a little surprised by that. We have to fill out this roster with guys that are ready to play. Signing Lovan late last year gives a little hope that freshmen gems are still out there.

Bryant can flat out play. Got to get him the supporting cast he needs. Two guys that can fill it up and another inside scoring threat. A 5th year senior post that can play is my home run hope.

Yeah, I thought we add more 2017 guards myself with the former P5/high major guys in the juco ranks. I feel for scootie like I did RB playing with a bunch of younger guys.
03-27-2019 04:59 PM
WhatIsThisFeeling Offline
2nd String

Bertain played in serveral games, although it was mop up work, so unless he is given some kind of medical redshirt that we don't know about he did not redshirt this year.
Giddens from Alabama is also in the transfer worm hole. He would be a good redshirt senior for us that would help at the 5 spot. This is if the coaching staff wants another big. So far looking at recruiting we aren't exactly looking to get a 5.
03-27-2019 04:59 PM
Big Dee Offline
Banned

(03-27-2019 04:59 PM)WhatIsThisFeeling Wrote:  Bertain played in serveral games, although it was mop up work, so unless he is given some kind of medical redshirt that we don't know about he did not redshirt this year.
Giddens from Alabama is also in the transfer worm hole. He would be a good redshirt senior for us that would help at the 5 spot. This is if the coaching staff wants another big. So far looking at recruiting we aren't exactly looking to get a 5.

I've been told Bertain possibly RS'd not sure but I hope it's true. Giddens I would expect a Kentucky blue blood type to get him. Like Reid Travis to Kentucky,or Justin Knox to UNC to fill their back roster of bodies.
03-27-2019 05:12 PM
ATTALLABLAZE Offline
Administrator

I Root For: UAB Blazers

The Parliament AwardsCrappiesDonatorsBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardCrappies
Bertain cannot redshirt unless there is some injury we know nothing about.
(This post was last modified: 03-27-2019 08:25 PM by ATTALLABLAZE.)
03-27-2019 08:24 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
randy22263 Offline
1st String

I Root For: uab
(03-27-2019 02:58 PM)hooverblazer Wrote:  I don't think we need another center with Butler and Jude on the roster. Need a couple guards to replace Perry & Bell and a stretch forward.

Agree. I've heard we are pretty happy with Jude's progress. Figure on getting 10 minutes a game next year. Once he gets set in the low post he is very impressive. I still believe a healthy Butler can be a beast. Coaches are targeting a junior college 3 point shooter that can defend the perimeter. We will see.
03-27-2019 08:43 PM
Big Dee Offline
Banned

(03-27-2019 08:24 PM)ATTALLABLAZE Wrote:  Bertain cannot redshirt unless there is some injury we know nothing about.

Right, but I think the ncaa may give basketball that new rule football has with the playing redshirt.
03-27-2019 09:40 PM
WesternBlazer Online
Hall of Famer

Butler may not get a medical redshirt (to play past next year) either being that he got hurt so late into the season...
(This post was last modified: 03-27-2019 10:13 PM by WesternBlazer.)
03-27-2019 10:11 PM
ATTALLABLAZE Offline
Administrator

I Root For: UAB Blazers

The Parliament AwardsCrappiesDonatorsBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardCrappies
They have not implemented a new rule and Butler cannot get a medical redshirt at the point he was injured.
(This post was last modified: 03-28-2019 09:35 PM by ATTALLABLAZE.)
03-28-2019 02:32 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Big Dee Offline
Banned

(03-28-2019 02:32 PM)ATTALLABLAZE Wrote:  They have not inpkimebted a new rule and Butler cannot get a medical redshirt at the point he was injured.

Great, now Eshan looks even worse. I feel for bertain.
03-28-2019 05:00 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.