Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Monty the Spartan
Bookmark and Share
MaddDawgz02 Offline
Banned

I Root For: any UT opponent
RE: Monty the Spartan
(03-31-2019 06:48 PM)BDB5yp Wrote:  If Monty walks around campus with his MSU outfit right now I’m totally OK with it. They just knocked out Duke. Do your thing Monty!

Barf
03-31-2019 06:54 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
NorthCoast Away
Your DEFINITIVE MAC source

I Root For: NIU/Equity/Beer
It's bad when the Big 12's Texas Tech and the SEC's Auburn are what pass for "Cinderellas" in this rigged system.

But good for those two programs for reaching the Final Four for the first time in program history.
03-31-2019 07:15 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
randyfensfanclub1 Offline
All American

I Root For: NIU
The things people complain about.

September can't get here soon enough.
03-31-2019 09:03 PM
klake87 Offline
Hall of Famer

(03-31-2019 09:03 PM)randyfensfanclub1 Wrote:  The things people complain about.

People need hobbies.
04-01-2019 09:36 AM
MaddDawgz02 Offline
Banned

(03-31-2019 09:03 PM)randyfensfanclub1 Wrote:  The things people complain about.

He said he does not want to here, and wishes he was still at MSU, I mean, come on lol. Again, what if Rod Carey or Thomas Hammock said they didnt want to be at NIU , would you question them when they wore jerseys of other schools. It just does not help
(This post was last modified: 04-01-2019 11:13 AM by MaddDawgz02.)
04-01-2019 11:10 AM
dc1 Offline
Special Teams

He said I don’t want to be at NIU I want to be at MSU? I don’t see anywhere in that interview that he says that. He actually says I don’t regret leaving taking a job.[/b]
04-01-2019 05:55 PM
OldTtimeNIU Offline
1st String

(03-17-2019 10:51 PM)BDB5yp Wrote:  You guys are overreacting big time. He’s a Spartan employed by NIU. Chill........

Epic Applause
04-01-2019 06:05 PM
MaddDawgz02 Offline
Banned

(04-01-2019 05:55 PM)dc1 Wrote:  He said I don’t want to be at NIU I want to be at MSU? I don’t see anywhere in that interview that he says that. He actually says I don’t regret leaving taking a job.[/b]

He said he should have listened to the advice
04-01-2019 06:09 PM
NorthCoast Away
Your DEFINITIVE MAC source

I Root For: NIU/Equity/Beer
(This post was last modified: 04-01-2019 07:01 PM by NorthCoast.)
04-01-2019 06:50 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
IWokeUpLikeThis Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: NIU, Chicago St
04-06-2019 08:44 PM
Big Red Online
All American

(04-06-2019 08:44 PM)IWokeUpLikeThis Wrote:  

Wow. Fife comes off like a child in that exchange.
04-06-2019 09:50 PM
jjj Offline
Special Teams

Wow! Looks like the sparty boys are sticking up for each other!

Come on NIU fans, don't forget how hard it is to win at NIU!! I don't think the job ad said "disclaimer - tough position- only tough, hard nosed applicants should apply" when it was officially posted, shame on NIU!!!!

I mean, we are not close to any basketball talent in the state for recruiting purposes. Also, the convo center is an outdated facility as well...

And just look at the the lack of success of the football team since 2000!

Only a spartan can turn this thing around!!
(This post was last modified: 04-07-2019 12:29 AM by jjj.)
04-06-2019 10:02 PM
IWokeUpLikeThis Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: NIU, Chicago St
Yeah, Fife wasn’t even tagged in the convo. He literally searched his name and picked a fight.
04-06-2019 10:04 PM
MaddDawgz02 Offline
Banned

(04-06-2019 10:02 PM)jjj Wrote:  Wow! Looks like the sparty boys are sticking up for each other!

Come on NIU fans, don't forget how hard it is to win at a school at NIU!!

I mean, we are not close to any basketball talent in the state for recruiting. Also, the convo center is an outdated facility as well...

And just look at the the lack of success of the football team since 2000!

Only a spartan can turn this thing around!!
hahahah, brutal night for Sparty
(This post was last modified: 04-06-2019 11:01 PM by MaddDawgz02.)
04-06-2019 11:01 PM
dc1 Offline
Special Teams

James Franklin who is the current Head football coach at Penn St. university and before that was the head football coach at Vanderbilt is currently wearing a Vanderbilt shirt and sitting with Vanderbilt fans at the college baseball World Series game!
06-25-2019 08:50 PM
jjj Offline
Special Teams

Let us know when he attends a Vanderbilt football game and is wearing Vanderbilt football gear.....[/align]
06-25-2019 09:55 PM
uiniu57 Offline
All American

I Root For: Amanda Sauer
(06-25-2019 08:50 PM)dc1 Wrote:  James Franklin who is the current Head football coach at Penn St. university and before that was the head football coach at Vanderbilt is currently wearing a Vanderbilt shirt and sitting with Vanderbilt fans at the college baseball World Series game!

Makes more sense than him wearing a Michigan shirt even though he is a Big 10 coach.
And it's not like wearing Vandy apparel at a Commodore football game. Plus Franklin has yet to tell a Vandy assistant: "if you’re going to take another job, especially a head coaching job, just make sure all the the boxes are checked — good administration, good program, somewhere you can win, somewhere you can see your family being happy,” said Montgomery, who interviewed several places before the NIU offer. “Don’t just take a job to say you’re a head coach. People used to tell me and I just didn’t listen. Sometimes the job you have is a better job.”

Little known private fact, when Novak made his decision, he and Phillips met with Franklin about the NU job.....that was before he had enough success at Vandy to move on to Penn State. Franklin politely said no to Phillips and Novak, so they went after their number two choice, Jerry Kill.

Local wrestling coaches have talked about the time Iowa State was honoring all of their Hall of Fame wrestlers prior to a dual meet with Iowa. The former Cyclone honorees -- including Dan Gable -- all came out wearing the long red robes with Iowa State on the back in gold letters. As soon as the ceremony finished, Gable dropped the robe to reveal a gold shirt with I-O-W-A across the chest in black block letters. All the cheering turned to massive booing as he ran to the Hawkeye huddle. True story.
06-25-2019 09:59 PM
dc1 Offline
Special Teams

My guess is if Vanderbilt football was playing in a huge bowl game or for a national title and Penn St. was done he would be there and wear Vandy colors. The fact that it’s baseball and not football shows even more how he still feels a part of the Vandy family!
06-25-2019 10:01 PM
jjj Offline
Special Teams

Give me a list of D1 head basketball coaches who have been seen at other D1 basketball games rooting for another school in that schools colors besides Mark Montgomery of NIU.
06-25-2019 11:29 PM
17Huskies Offline
Heisman

People still butt-hurt about a guy going to a basketball game for people he worked with for a decade or so and rooting for them? Tough world, hopefully you all take your anger out on here.
06-26-2019 05:40 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.