Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

mbb @ CMU
Bookmark and Share
MaddDawgz02 Offline
Banned

I Root For: any UT opponent
RE: mbb @ CMU
(03-05-2019 10:11 PM)7 Wrote:  
(03-05-2019 09:40 PM)dc1 Wrote:  A Huskie win Friday and Akron loss at Kent St Friday and NIU is the 7th seed. Akron upsetting BGSU tonight was very bad for us.[/i]
Would be nice to get to the bottom of the bracket and avoid buffalo in the quarters.

The way I see it, the best chance to beat Buffalo will be in the first game in Cleveland, might as well get them out of the way early! My ideal scenario is for NIU to get the 8 seed which would involve Akron beating Kent State Friday. That also delays Toledo until the finals. And yes, I need to stop daydreaming
(This post was last modified: 03-06-2019 01:39 AM by MaddDawgz02.)
03-06-2019 01:36 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
klake87 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: NIU
Enjoy this year, 81% of scoring is graduating or out of eligibility.
03-06-2019 08:34 AM
Dog Fan Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: NIU Huskies

Donators
(03-06-2019 08:34 AM)klake87 Wrote:  Enjoy this year, 81% of scoring is graduating or out of eligibility.

Yep. If you go to a game next season, it'll be sit where you want (which it almost is now). It will become like women's BB where everything is GA except 2 or 3 sections for reserved seating/season ticketholders (which very few fans obey anyway).

I wonder if STF has even noticed (or cares) that men's BB has gone down the drain? Of course, he won't do anything about it until 6/30/21 unless he extends Monty's contract for another couple years. I can't believe all the diehards that sit in my section that have stopped coming.
03-06-2019 09:34 AM
NIU007 Offline
Legend

I Root For: NIU, MAC
(03-06-2019 09:34 AM)Dog Fan Wrote:  
(03-06-2019 08:34 AM)klake87 Wrote:  Enjoy this year, 81% of scoring is graduating or out of eligibility.

Yep. If you go to a game next season, it'll be sit where you want (which it almost is now). It will become like women's BB where everything is GA except 2 or 3 sections for reserved seating/season ticketholders (which very few fans obey anyway).

I wonder if STF has even noticed (or cares) that men's BB has gone down the drain? Of course, he won't do anything about it until 6/30/21 unless he extends Monty's contract for another couple years. I can't believe all the diehards that sit in my section that have stopped coming.

He's probably already extended Monty even further, we just don't know about it.
03-06-2019 10:01 AM
klake87 Offline
Hall of Famer

(03-06-2019 10:01 AM)NIU007 Wrote:  

Budgets are very tight. You put pressure on STF, he has few options. NIU can not eat any large salaries. If they do, for the next couple of seasons, we will be using volunteer coaches. It will be like my kids house league baseball, basketball, soccer and football.
03-06-2019 10:11 AM
MaddDawgz02 Offline
Banned

(03-06-2019 10:11 AM)klake87 Wrote:  

Budgets are very tight. You put pressure on STF, he has few options. NIU can not eat any large salaries. If they do, for the next couple of seasons, we will be using volunteer coaches. It will be like my kids house league baseball, basketball, soccer and football.

STF doesn't have to extend coaches for no reason, that's on him
03-06-2019 11:20 AM
MaddDawgz02 Offline
Banned

He could not care less!
03-06-2019 11:20 AM
MaddDawgz02 Offline
Banned

I don't think I have ever had chance to attend a home campus site game. If NIU beats Ball State , we will have another Convo game. Does anyone know, do season ticket holders get the option to purchase tickets for this game with their seats, or are all tickets just open.
03-06-2019 11:22 AM
Dog Fan Offline
Hall of Famer

Donators
(03-06-2019 11:22 AM)MaddDawgz02 Wrote:  I don't think I have ever had chance to attend a home campus site game. If NIU beats Ball State , we will have another Convo game. Does anyone know, do season ticket holders get the option to purchase tickets for this game with their seats, or are all tickets just open.

Season ticketholders can purchase tickets for their season ticket seat location, usually at a reduced price. They are selling tickets for the women's playoff game for $5.
03-06-2019 11:27 AM
klake87 Offline
Hall of Famer

(03-06-2019 11:20 AM)MaddDawgz02 Wrote:  
(03-06-2019 10:11 AM)klake87 Wrote:  

STF doesn't have to extend coaches for no reason, that's on him

I agree, he made a mistake giving extension to him in the first place but hindsight. Western Illinois is cutting 130 staff, You can't pay out money for a high priced bad coach and then fire teachers, staff and administrators.
03-06-2019 11:28 AM
pvk75 Offline
All American

I shudder but am compelled to agree. Of course we are all behind this team, however far it gets. For the seniors, if anything, and there are many (too many at once imo).

But now maybe I can revive my question from another thread ... how many spots will be open, who is in the pipeline, anyone signed? We have to look and hope ahead. Maintain some optimism.

Do bball recruits get invited to the spring fb game? Optimism seems to flow from THammock & Company like a river of cardinal and black. (How's that for waxing poetic?)
03-06-2019 11:37 AM
MaddDawgz02 Offline
Banned

(03-06-2019 11:27 AM)Dog Fan Wrote:  
(03-06-2019 11:22 AM)MaddDawgz02 Wrote:  I don't think I have ever had chance to attend a home campus site game. If NIU beats Ball State , we will have another Convo game. Does anyone know, do season ticket holders get the option to purchase tickets for this game with their seats, or are all tickets just open.

Season ticketholders can purchase tickets for their season ticket seat location, usually at a reduced price. They are selling tickets for the women's playoff game for $5.

Thanks DF! Do you just call and order and do will call?
03-06-2019 11:38 AM
pvk75 Offline
All American

My only tournament game was first round wbb NCAA in '90 when NIU defeated Texas tech in the old fieldhouse. Ah, forget it. Old guy rambling.
(This post was last modified: 03-06-2019 11:46 AM by pvk75.)
03-06-2019 11:45 AM
Dog Fan Offline
Hall of Famer

Donators
(03-06-2019 11:38 AM)MaddDawgz02 Wrote:  

If the game is on, they will send you an e-mail with options. Pay and you can print your own ticket or pick it up at the ticket office.
03-06-2019 11:51 AM
MaddDawgz02 Offline
Banned

(03-06-2019 11:51 AM)Dog Fan Wrote:  
(03-06-2019 11:38 AM)MaddDawgz02 Wrote:  

If the game is on, they will send you an e-mail with options. Pay and you can print your own ticket or pick it up at the ticket office.

Thanks, that is a very efficient process, impressive. I have no clue why, but would like to attend one more game this year. Ill be in Muncie Friday since its close to my home, but really want to get to Convo one more time this year! I have a feeling they will draw Ohio in DeKalb if they beat Ball State. Talk about catching the Bobcats at the wrong time if that happens.
03-06-2019 12:17 PM
Big Red Offline
All American

Okay, so I'm kinda in a "look at next year" kinda mood right now.

Plus, someone here has been asking about if there are any available spots open next year. I don't think there are. I put pen to paper and was trying to figure it out. They get 13 scholarships.

Current Roster

German
Henry-Hayes
Thorpe
Bradley
James

Bench
Hankerson
Daow
Travis
Mateen
Richie
Key
McCarty
Demogerontas

That's 13 but Hankerson isn't on scholarship. So, that means 12...

Anyway, they lose Thorpe, Bradley and Demongerontas (I think he could get a redshirt....but I'm not sure...and I've heard he's moving on anyway so that's a moot point). He's a really uneducated guess at a starting lineup for next season.

German
Henry-Hayes
Hankerson
Key
Jamess

Bench
Daow
Travis
Mateen
Justin Lee (redshirt this season)
Keenon Cole (LOI - 6'7" Small Forward)
Richie
McCarty
Tyler Cochran (LOI - 6'1" Point guard)

That's 13 names again, minus out Hankerson, equals 12 scholarships which means that there is a scholarship available for Hankerson (I think). Personally, MM probably expected Mateen to develop more (or possibly Travis) but it's pretty clear that the true freshman Hankerson is favored and is better and is more suited to be a true point guard. That would give them a starting 5 of 3 seniors, a junior and a sophomore and a rotation filled out with a 2 seniors, 2 juniors, and the rest sophomores and freshmen. So, plenty of experience, but a little thin on star power outside of German and possibly another big jump by James. (who knows about what Key will be).

After next season, they would look at losing German, Key, James and possibly Travis (I'm not sure of how many years he has left but he's listed as a junior this current season).

Obviously, none of this takes in to account any possible transfers from the team and as we all know, that is a very common occurrence with this program. Although, if it were someone like Mateen or Travis, I wouldn't mind.
03-06-2019 02:58 PM
klake87 Offline
Hall of Famer

German, Key, Thorpe, Bradley and James are gone. Eligibility up. That is 81% of this years scoring.
03-06-2019 03:44 PM
HuskieDave Offline
All American

I Root For: The NIU Huskies
(03-06-2019 03:44 PM)klake87 Wrote:  German, Key, Thorpe, Bradley and James are gone. Eligibility up. That is 81% of this years scoring.

German, Key, and James all have eligibility left for next year.
03-06-2019 03:53 PM
Big Red Offline
All American

(03-06-2019 03:44 PM)klake87 Wrote:  German, Key, Thorpe, Bradley and James are gone. Eligibility up. That is 81% of this years scoring.

Nope. German, Key, and James are back next year. For one, German is a junior. The other two are seniors but have another year of eligibility left. Key had a medical redshirt and James....I don't know. But he's got another year. Someone here confirmed it with a conversation with both of them and they both said they were coming back next year.

Plus, I was at the game on Saturday and they acknowledged the 3 seniors (Thorpe, Bradley, and Demogerontis).
03-06-2019 04:29 PM
dc1 Offline
Special Teams

Klake, you are completely wrong. As of today, German, Key and James will be back. The only guys not expected back next year are: Bradley, Thorpe and Tommy.
03-06-2019 05:20 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.