[Image: D0iv1THX0AA6S7E.jpg]
02-28-2019 11:08 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Big Dee Offline
Banned

I Root For: The U, UaB
RE: Spring Practice Schedule
Coach do your YouTube position series or breakdown.
02-28-2019 11:27 PM
BlazrDawg Offline
Heisman

I Root For: UAB
Any news from practices to date??
03-05-2019 04:47 PM
Big Dee Offline
Banned

Pollack at RB
03-05-2019 05:19 PM
Advertisement

Ranger1386c Offline
Special Teams

(03-05-2019 05:19 PM)Big Dee Wrote:  Pollack at RB

Tall and thin for a RB. Does he look likely to push any of the top 3 for carries, assuming Wooden is in that top 3?
03-05-2019 06:33 PM
busch Offline
Special Teams

I Root For:
(03-05-2019 06:33 PM)Ranger1386c Wrote:  

Tall and thin for a RB. Does he look likely to push any of the top 3 for carries, assuming Wooden is in that top 3?
I think Pollock will get some time in the season, depending on how much he progresses during spring, summer and fall camp. The hope is that he can bring some explosiveness to the position, which is what they wanted to get from Street. When healthy, Street showed flashes of doing just that. Pollock is tall and skinny but he's also really fast. He was a dang good high school running back.
Wooden is a durable back with great hands. He should play a big role. I'm thinking Lucious Stanley is heading toward a really good year. He's had a full year of experience and is not coming off a knee injury this time around. All three need to give Spencer Brown some much needed rest. Brown is durable as heck but he's also banged up after a pair of rugged seasons.
03-05-2019 08:13 PM
bftb Online
Go Blazers!

Pollack had a carry in the bowl game, which is more than Stanley (or anyone other running back not named Spencer Brown) had. That was the shock of that game--I am a fan of Stanley and would surely have expected him to play in that situation over someone who hadn't carried the ball all year. I suppose Pollack really impressed in the bowl practices and they gave him a shot.
03-05-2019 09:00 PM
Advertisement

Big Dee Offline
Banned

Haven't seen this team, he was the only player mentioned in the last spring article. Scrimmage today a LF (closed I think) and then spring break.

But his hs hudl tape I watched last year showed him at RB, and he's probably the better HS back out of all these guys here.

I think he makes top three imho with Brown, and Stanley.
Stanley will breakout this year, I'm most impressed with him thought he was the best RB last season.

I hope we don't run Brown into the ground this year, and he shows improvement. I wouldn't mind giving certain duties to certain guys 3rd down back, redzone RB, goaline guy maybe.
03-06-2019 11:33 AM
WhatIsThisFeeling Offline
2nd String

(03-06-2019 11:33 AM)Big Dee Wrote:  

Haven't seen this team, he was the only player mentioned in the last spring article. Scrimmage today a LF (closed I think) and then spring break.

But his hs hudl tape I watched last year showed him at RB, and he's probably the better HS back out of all these guys here.

Stanley will breakout this year, I'm most impressed with him thought he was the best RB last season.

I hope we don't run Brown into the ground this year, and he shows improvement. I wouldn't mind giving certain duties to certain guys 3rd down back, redzone RB, goaline guy maybe.

This is accurate. I see a healthy rotation of Brown, Stanley, Wooden, and Pollock in no particular order with Street moving to DB. Pollocks HS videos of him at RB are impressive. Brown will be our bell cow but the others should get a lot more reps this year. What hurt last year was all of our RB were injured or were banged up at one point in the season with Brown being the least banged up which is funny to say considering how banged up Brown was.
(This post was last modified: 03-06-2019 11:53 AM by WhatIsThisFeeling.)
03-06-2019 11:50 AM
Big Dee Offline
Banned

(03-06-2019 11:50 AM)WhatIsThisFeeling Wrote:  

This is accurate. I see a healthy rotation of Brown, Stanley, Wooden, and Pollock in no particular order with Street moving to DB. Pollocks HS videos of him at RB are impressive. Brown will be our bell cow but the others should get a lot more reps this year. What hurt last year was all of our RB were injured or were banged up at one point in the season with Brown being the least banged up which is funny to say considering how banged up Brown was.

Yeah I kinda thought about this, as I was thinking about noble just sitting at the end of the bench last year thought he should've got more carries. Then we switch QBs and had success with the pass so i guess that was to help with RB depth too.
03-06-2019 11:56 AM
Advertisement

WhatIsThisFeeling Offline
2nd String

(03-06-2019 11:56 AM)Big Dee Wrote:  

Yeah I kinda thought about this, as I was thinking about noble just sitting at the end of the bench last year thought he should've got more carries. Then we switch QBs and had success with the pass so i guess that was to help with RB depth too.

I myself was a Noble fan and thought he should have gotten more carries. He was fast and shifty and healthy! But then again im not a coach and everything ended up working out. Still wish Noble got more carries though.
03-06-2019 04:40 PM
Ranger1386c Offline
Special Teams

Noble had very quick feet. Couldnt really say that about our other backs, although Street and Stanley were fast. Too many carries for Spencer but to his credit he got it done and led us to a championship. Im a huge Clark fan but am concerned his offenses sometimes ride their lead horse too hard. I remember Jordan Howard carrying 30 plus times and puking his guts on the sideline. Spreading the carries has multiple benefits, where possible. Id like to see Stanley get a lot more carries this year to spread the load, and to prepare for 2020 when Brown is playing on Sundays.
03-06-2019 05:53 PM
Big Dee Offline
Banned

(03-06-2019 04:40 PM)WhatIsThisFeeling Wrote:  
(03-06-2019 11:56 AM)Big Dee Wrote:  
(03-05-2019 06:33 PM)Ranger1386c Wrote:  Tall and thin for a RB. Does he look likely to push any of the top 3 for carries, assuming Wooden is in that top 3?

I myself was a Noble fan and thought he should have gotten more carries. He was fast and shifty and healthy! But then again im not a coach and everything ended up working out. Still wish Noble got more carries though.

I agree, but at times I wondered what was his obstacle ( OC or position coach). He could start tomorrow for the Iron.
03-06-2019 06:44 PM
Advertisement

UABFRENCHY Offline
Heisman

Donators
(03-06-2019 05:53 PM)Ranger1386c Wrote:  Noble had very quick feet. Couldnt really say that about our other backs, although Street and Stanley were fast. Too many carries for Spencer but to his credit he got it done and led us to a championship. Im a huge Clark fan but am concerned his offenses sometimes ride their lead horse too hard. I remember Jordan Howard carrying 30 plus times and puking his guts on the sideline. Spreading the carries has multiple benefits, where possible. Id like to see Stanley get a lot more carries this year to spread the load, and to prepare for 2020 when Brown is playing on Sundays.

Howard became a good nfl running ,,,,we never had many of those
03-07-2019 11:57 AM
Big Dee Offline
Banned

(03-06-2019 05:53 PM)Ranger1386c Wrote:  Noble had very quick feet. Couldnt really say that about our other backs, although Street and Stanley were fast. Too many carries for Spencer but to his credit he got it done and led us to a championship. Im a huge Clark fan but am concerned his offenses sometimes ride their lead horse too hard. I remember Jordan Howard carrying 30 plus times and puking his guts on the sideline. Spreading the carries has multiple benefits, where possible. Id like to see Stanley get a lot more carries this year to spread the load, and to prepare for 2020 when Brown is playing on Sundays.

I would bet Spencer Brown is here 2020.
03-07-2019 12:22 PM
blazers9911 Offline
Hall of Famer

Survivor Runner-up
Me too. The NFL is gonna be tough unless he gets a little quicker.
03-07-2019 06:34 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.