UAB Blazers

Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Gripe About Coaching Thread instead of Lovan -Charlotte Game
DM Blazer Offline
Jersey Retired
Jersey Retired

I Root For: The Blazers
RE: Lovan -Charlotte Game
I dont think their fake just tired of not having a decent coach like uab has been known for at least 35 years probably before many on this board were born!
(This post was last modified: 02-10-2019 12:18 AM by DM Blazer.)
02-10-2019 12:14 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
The Answer UAB Online
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UAB!!!
I was being sarcastic.. I think a lot of folks on here keep their heads in the sand and pretend nothing is wrong. To make it a lot worse, they disparage those that speak their minds and call us fake fans. The uab basketball program is in a really bad place and our coach is not good. Sweeping changes need to me made, starting with the coach.
(This post was last modified: 02-10-2019 01:38 AM by The Answer UAB.)
02-10-2019 01:37 AM
BlazerPhil Offline
Administrator of Comedy

I Root For: Birmingham U.
Folding@NCAAbbs
First time in 8 years , Answer is happy. At least someone is. LOL & SMH
02-10-2019 03:10 AM
mobileblazer Offline
DadofTwins

I Root For: UAB
We won’t be any better next year. We lose 3 Sr starters & have no one to replace them who are any better. Sounds like our point guard signee is supposed to be good, but he won’t play much unless Bryant moves to sg. We have zero 3 point shooters.
02-10-2019 04:18 AM
Blazer88 Offline
Banned

So what does ehsans contract look like
02-10-2019 09:01 AM
bigdunks Offline
2nd String

I said it once before and promise I won't repeat it again after this. I'd go after Bucky McMillan. Go watch his team at the Civic Center in two weeks. Watching his teams and watching him coach live is very impressive. They change defenses, every player has great intensity and everyone on the team has confidence. Folks will make smart remarks but Bucky is a great coach. I think he could get UAB fans excited about the program again. Very comparable to Clark with great enthusiasm and innovative style. He may not have the college experience but I feel he could be a successful college coach. He was a very good player too.
02-10-2019 09:08 AM
Blazer88 Offline
Banned

He’s playing with a 5 star against bama high school competition. No thanks
02-10-2019 09:54 AM
ATTALLABLAZE Offline
Administrator

I Root For: UAB Blazers

The Parliament AwardsCrappiesDonatorsBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardCrappies
The only one who threw out the fake fans thing is not here anymore so who are you talking about?
02-10-2019 10:30 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
UABFRENCHY Offline
Heisman

Donators
(02-10-2019 09:08 AM)bigdunks Wrote:  I said it once before and promise I won't repeat it again after this. I'd go after Bucky McMillan. Go watch his team at the Civic Center in two weeks. Watching his teams and watching him coach live is very impressive. They change defenses, every player has great intensity and everyone on the team has confidence. Folks will make smart remarks but Bucky is a great coach. I think he could get UAB fans excited about the program again. Very comparable to Clark with great enthusiasm and innovative style. He may not have the college experience but I feel he could be a successful college coach. He was a very good player too.

he is good coach but
first he recruited very well in a system where you cannot recruit ????
what he is doing beside coach high basketball ? and you know the rest of the story :)
02-10-2019 10:51 AM
BAMANBLAZERFAN Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UAB & Bama

BlazerTalk Award
(02-10-2019 09:08 AM)bigdunks Wrote:  I said it once before and promise I won't repeat it again after this. I'd go after Bucky McMillan. Go watch his team at the Civic Center in two weeks. Watching his teams and watching him coach live is very impressive. They change defenses, every player has great intensity and everyone on the team has confidence. Folks will make smart remarks but Bucky is a great coach. I think he could get UAB fans excited about the program again. Very comparable to Clark with great enthusiasm and innovative style. He may not have the college experience but I feel he could be a successful college coach. He was a very good player too.

IF UAB decides to replace Eshan, there are several good metro area HS BB coaches if that is the way UAB chooses to go. I would expect them to try to get an experienced college coach, but that would cost more money. Can UAB attract- and afford - such a choice?
02-10-2019 10:52 AM
UABFRENCHY Offline
Heisman

Donators
i think we can afford an assistant with UAB tie
02-10-2019 11:04 AM
BlazerPhil Offline
Administrator of Comedy

Folding@NCAAbbs
4 of the top 8 guys are hurt. Of the rest, few have seen enough PT to get rhythm. Probably should have worked on a second full group of all 6'5" guys to sub in as a package.
02-10-2019 11:05 AM
Blazer88 Offline
Banned

(02-10-2019 11:04 AM)UABFRENCHY Wrote:  i think we can afford an assistant with UAB tie

We don’t need an assistant with Uab ties or a hs coach from the state. We can get top assistants from big time programs to coach here
02-10-2019 11:07 AM
BlazerPhil Offline
Administrator of Comedy

Folding@NCAAbbs
(02-10-2019 10:52 AM)BAMANBLAZERFAN Wrote:  

IF UAB decides to replace Eshan, there are several good metro area HS BB coaches if that is the way UAB chooses to go. I would expect them to try to get an experienced college coach, but that would cost more money. Can UAB attract- and afford - such a choice?

Coach Bartow always had a recent H.S. coach on staff. And it wasn't always recruiting gadget.
02-10-2019 11:10 AM
ATTALLABLAZE Offline
Administrator

The Parliament AwardsCrappiesDonatorsBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardCrappies
I’m I think we can agree the program needs to go in another direction without all the over the top ugliness. He has not worked out. Simple as that. Reminds me of Murray’s last season with the injuries. Unfortunately we can’t sit around and wait hoping for the staff to take the next step.

We need to raise another million just to start a practice facility.
We need to raise an additional three milllion to finish paying for it.
We need to raise money to buy out contracts
We need to raise money to pay a better salary for A new coach and staff
We need to raise money for recruiting. Right now we don’t have a pot to piss in to recruit
We need to raise money and convince our AD to allow us to schedule teams out of our region for those constantly complaining about the schedule.
We need to raise money for marketing

We also need to stfu and show up to games because winning 26 games could not fill Bartow. We get a change we need to all show up and bring people.

Get ready to open your wallets. We want change we gotta pay for it like we did in football.

The board / AD / Watts is not going to allow any more funds to be spent towards basketball unless we raise them.
(This post was last modified: 02-10-2019 11:28 AM by ATTALLABLAZE.)
02-10-2019 11:23 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
ATTALLABLAZE Offline
Administrator

I do plan to support this staff and team as long as they are here. I’ll be at the final two games cheering on the Blazers with a fee other Blazer fans.
02-10-2019 11:32 AM
Big Dee Offline
Banned

I Root For: The U, UaB
Wish Scootie would just takeover. Don't care if he has to average 24 points a game. Just do it and take over already Scootie this is your squad Russell Westbrook it.
02-10-2019 11:51 AM
THE_LEGEND Offline
1st String

Its really sad and telling because they gave pizza on Thurs night for Old Dominion to get 350 students to show up...

Last night all those seats are empty again....

students just don't care about the team unless you give them free stuff...
02-10-2019 12:05 PM
ATTALLABLAZE Offline
Administrator

Doesn’t matter if we win 15 or 25. You still have to bribe them.
02-10-2019 12:16 PM
THE_LEGEND Offline
1st String

They must give out Rolexes at Duke.
02-10-2019 12:22 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.