Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

[news]Middle class feeling betrayed by Trump when filing taxes
Owl 69/70/75 Offline
Just an old rugby coach

I Root For: RiceBathChelsea

DonatorsNew Orleans Bowl
RE: [news]Middle class feeling betrayed by Trump when filing taxes
(02-12-2019 06:58 PM)WKUYG Wrote:  There's only one reason after two years this country isn't more towards the middle....democrats took it personally. Most of the things Trump ran on were things the democrats were for in the past 20 years. If not for being crybaby idiots....
there's no doubt in my mind Trump would have worked with the middle of both sides and not only would the economy be rocking (which it is) but most other things. Especially health care.
Those on the left read Trump wrong and took his mouth to mean something totally different than what he was saying. If not for the press the left would be in deep shitt. Even with the press the working poor (all races) are starting to see who's doing things for them. Again, when talking about the working class and middle class I believe all races, agree, ...allowing more people to cross our border and taking jobs that fits their skill level...is bad for this country. And them.
The working class and the poor is making out like a bandit with the higher standard deduction and child tax credit. More of them are working than any time in history. That's with the democrats fighting this President since day. Think about if the idiots had tried to work with him....on things they agreed on before he took office.

I find it both ironic and troubling that each side has spewed noting but visceral, emotional, irrational hatred for all things associated with the leader of the other side who was most likely to be a moderate who would work with them--republicans for all things Clinton and democrats for all things Trump.

Not to deny that there has been plenty of hatred for hard-line doctrinaires--like Obama and GWB, at least after Cheney started running his life. But those are more understandable.
(This post was last modified: 02-13-2019 10:04 AM by Owl 69/70/75.)
02-13-2019 10:01 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
WKUYG Away
Hall of Famer

I Root For: WKU
(02-13-2019 09:33 AM)Redwingtom Wrote:  
(02-12-2019 06:58 PM)WKUYG Wrote:  There's only one reason after two years this country isn't more towards the middle....democrats took it personally. Most of the things Trump ran on were things the democrats were for in the past 20 years. If not for being crybaby idiots....

there's no doubt in my mind Trump would have worked with the middle of both sides and not only would the economy be rocking (which it is) but most other things. Especially health care.

Those on the left read Trump wrong and took his mouth to mean something totally different than what he was saying. If not for the press the left would be in deep shitt. Even with the press the working poor (all races) are starting to see who's doing things for them. Again, when talking about the working class and middle class I believe all races, agree, ...allowing more people to cross our border and taking jobs that fits their skill level...is bad for this country. And them.

The working class and the poor is making out like a bandit with the higher standard deduction and child tax credit. More of them are working than any time in history. That's with the democrats fighting this President since day. Think about if the idiots had tried to work with him....on things they agreed on before he took office.

Could you cite a couple please?

Before the previous 8 years here's 3 and a 4th that most democrats would go, what?

Wall
Illegal Immigration
Jobs /the working class
Russia, NK
(This post was last modified: 02-13-2019 10:04 AM by WKUYG.)
02-13-2019 10:03 AM
Hambone10 Offline
Hooter

I Root For: My Kids

New Orleans BowlDonatorsThe Parliament Awards

Let's start with single payer
stronger gun background checks
banning bump stocks

Those are just a few off the top of my head, but they're pretty big ones for the left
02-13-2019 12:10 PM
Redwingtom Offline
Progressive filth

I Root For: B-G-S-U !!!!
(02-13-2019 12:10 PM)Hambone10 Wrote:  

Let's start with single payer
stronger gun background checks
banning bump stocks

Those are just a few off the top of my head, but they're pretty big ones for the left

trump ran on single payer and banning bump stocks?
02-13-2019 02:05 PM
Hambone10 Offline
Hooter

I Root For: My Kids

New Orleans BowlDonatorsThe Parliament Awards
(02-13-2019 02:05 PM)Redwingtom Wrote:  trump ran on single payer and banning bump stocks?

Essentially yes.

"Everybody’s got to be covered. This is an un-Republican thing for me to say," Trump said in a September 2015 "60 Minutes" interview. "I am going to take care of everybody. I don’t care if it costs me votes or not. Everybody’s going to be taken care of much better than they’re taken care of now."

He added when asked who is going to pay for it: "The government’s gonna pay for it." That was enough for Breitbart, which would become vehemently pro-Trump during the 2016 campaign, to declare Trump had embraced single-payer.

And he's always been more in favor of gun control than the average Republican

These are absolutely areas where he campaigned 'to the left' of the average Republican and only moved to the right after the convention... and especially when the left started attacking him

Democrats (who were out of power at the time) could have easily re-engaged him on his positions here where they generally agreed and put him in conflict with much of his own party. Instead Dems went into 'Russia' mode and just pushed him into the mainstream of the right
02-13-2019 02:44 PM
VA49er Offline
Legend

I Root For: Charlotte
Just finished my taxes. Well, I just sat with my CPA while she did my taxes. Getting approximately $100 back from both Fed and State, so, IMO, it worked out pretty well. Getting a minuscule refund and not paying tells me I played the game right, at least this time.
02-18-2019 01:41 PM
fsquid Online
Legend

I Root For: Memphis, Queens (NC)

CrappiesCrappiesCrappiesCrappiesMemphis Hall of Fame
Total tax liability is down a little less than 50% this year. Married, 2 kids, living in Florida. Since I didn't know they were going down that much, I have a substantial refund coming here. Now, I need to go take down the dependents for the withholding.
02-18-2019 09:22 PM
JDTulane Offline
Sazeracs and Retirement

I Root For: Peace
(02-08-2019 02:25 PM)Owl 69/70/75 Wrote:  
(02-08-2019 01:09 PM)JDTulane Wrote:  
(02-08-2019 04:05 AM)chargeradio Wrote:  
(02-08-2019 02:55 AM)Machiavelli Wrote:  https://www.yahoo.com/amphtml/lifestyle/...32057.html
I wonder how many of these people live in high tax states like California, or have large mortgage balances? Those are the only ways I could see these scenarios realistically happening.
I'm neither of those and have seen a near $2k flip from last year. But, c'est la vie. I'm a progressive and taxes be taxes.

Then unless you've seen a significant uptick in income (thank you, Trump), or there was a major mistake somewhere, your story is difficult to believe. Perhaps it could happen if you had a large charitable or medical or other itemized deductions last year but not repeated this year. But absent some major change in income or deductions, your story seems very unlikely. The dynamics of tax determination simply don't work that way.

Trump had nothing to do with my increase in income.

After the ole accountant looked into it, we found a mistake by my employer. So good news all around. I'm still paying more in taxes than before but not demonstrably. Change in tax brackets will do that to ya.
02-19-2019 10:33 AM
ODU BBALL Offline
Heisman

I Root For: ODU
My wife and I are both retired and would be considered among the middle class. We both have been living on fixed retirement income for the past 4+ years.

Just did our taxes today and compared to 2017, our 2018 return came out as follows -

* Paid $1695 less Federal tax in 2018.

* Got a combined $1200+ more refunded this year over what we did in 2017 between Federal and State.

* Our Marginal Tax Rate (Federal) fell from 15% to 12%.

* Our Effective Tax Rate (Federal) fell from 14% to 11.4%.

Hate to break the bad news to you Mach, but you're wrong again. Sure hope you don't teach either Math or Economics because the numbers don't support the negative spin coming from the Left.

Thank you once again President Trump!!!
02-19-2019 05:40 PM
stinkfist Offline
nuts zongo's in the house

I Root For: Mustard Buzzards
(02-18-2019 09:22 PM)fsquid Wrote:  Total tax liability is down a little less than 50% this year. Married, 2 kids, living in Florida. Since I didn't know they were going down that much, I have a substantial refund coming here. Now, I need to go take down the dependents for the withholding.

actually, you'll want to increase that number, and roll it over into your 401k if not maxed, roth, IRA, or CD....
02-19-2019 05:55 PM
stinkfist Offline
nuts zongo's in the house

I Root For: Mustard Buzzards
(02-18-2019 01:41 PM)VA49er Wrote:  Just finished my taxes. Well, I just sat with my CPA while she did my taxes. Getting approximately $100 back from both Fed and State, so, IMO, it worked out pretty well. Getting a minuscule refund and not paying tells me I played the game right, at least this time.

yes you did....

I would always float between claiming 5-8 back in my corp. 'murica days....

I would change during the coarse of the year depending how she was playing out by mid-year....
02-19-2019 06:17 PM
bullet Offline
Legend

I Root For: Texas, UK, UGA
(02-13-2019 10:01 AM)Owl 69/70/75 Wrote:  

I find it both ironic and troubling that each side has spewed noting but visceral, emotional, irrational hatred for all things associated with the leader of the other side who was most likely to be a moderate who would work with them--republicans for all things Clinton and democrats for all things Trump.

Not to deny that there has been plenty of hatred for hard-line doctrinaires--like Obama and GWB, at least after Cheney started running his life. But those are more understandable.

"Vast right wing conspiracy?" Hillary IS not Bill. She is as partisan as they come. Both of them came from what was a one party state they helped turn into a two party state.
02-19-2019 06:26 PM
ODU BBALL Offline
Heisman

Bumped up to keep the Trump Tax comments all in one place.
02-28-2019 08:15 AM
GrayBeard Offline
Whiny Troll

I Root For: My Kids & ECU

Crappies
I got screwed, but I knew that was coming. I lived in 2 very high income tax and property tax states, plus a very good moving package and sign on package plus a cash out of a 2 months of accrued vacation. Yup...it hurt.
(This post was last modified: 02-28-2019 10:02 AM by GrayBeard.)
02-28-2019 08:23 AM
Owl 69/70/75 Offline
Just an old rugby coach

I Root For: RiceBathChelsea

DonatorsNew Orleans Bowl
(02-19-2019 06:26 PM)bullet Wrote:  
(02-13-2019 10:01 AM)Owl 69/70/75 Wrote:  
"Vast right wing conspiracy?" Hillary IS not Bill. She is as partisan as they come. Both of them came from what was a one party state they helped turn into a two party state.

No, she isn't. I actually liked Bill. I don't care for Hillary, but the off chance that she might listen to Bill at least occasionally makes me prefer her over any of the other socialist/communist democrats.

Of course, one problem with that logic is that she might not listen, and another is that Bill today doesn't sound much like welfare-reforming, budget-balancing President Bill.

But I registered democrat to vote for her in the primary in 2008 and 2016, because I wanted to vote against worse alternatives, and if she's in the field I will do it again in 2020.
02-28-2019 08:37 AM
Paul M Offline
American-American

I Root For: OU
Hillary is an absolute horror. Better than any of the alternatives the Dems have running so far still.
02-28-2019 09:39 AM
200yrs2late Online
Resident Parrothead

I Root For: East Carolina
Filed this weekend. Getting $18 back. Paid $120 last year. Wife and I each brought home an extra $60-$80 per pay period over the year before.

Can confirm Tax cuts are the helping middle class.
(This post was last modified: 03-04-2019 09:36 AM by 200yrs2late.)
03-04-2019 07:43 AM
ODU BBALL Offline
Heisman

(03-04-2019 07:43 AM)200yrs2late Wrote:  Filed this weekend. Getting $18 back. Paid $120 last year. Wife and I each brought home an extra $60-$80 per pay period over the year before.

Sounds like you made out much better from the Trump Tax Cuts than you did before. Congrats. My wife and I had similar results.
03-04-2019 10:19 AM
200yrs2late Online
Resident Parrothead

I Root For: East Carolina
(03-04-2019 10:19 AM)ODU BBALL Wrote:  
(03-04-2019 07:43 AM)200yrs2late Wrote:  Filed this weekend. Getting $18 back. Paid $120 last year. Wife and I each brought home an extra $60-$80 per pay period over the year before.

Sounds like you made out much better from the Trump Tax Cuts than you did before. Congrats. My wife and I had similar results.

She likes a refund and I don't since I hate giving free loans, so it caused a bit of a scuffle this weekend as she was doing the taxes. When she finished with her info, it showed about a $4k refund. I guesstimated an offset that last year when the withholding tables came out knowing she would be having too much withheld and adjusted mine where I would owe a few thousand on my income. Worked out nearly perfectly, but had we owed $18 instead she would still be giving me hell.
03-04-2019 10:44 AM
bullet Offline
Legend

I Root For: Texas, UK, UGA
Another fake news post repeated by the Russian bot Machiavelli:

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/opini...-increased

"Tax refunds are up from where they were this time last year by 1.3 percent following the fourth week of the 2019 filing season, according to new Internal Revenue Service data.

To be more specific, the average tax refund has increased to $3,143 from $3,103 last February, according to cumulative statistics comparing the 2018 and 2019 filing seasons.

Oddly enough, certain newsrooms have responded to this development with total silence...."
03-04-2019 01:19 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.