Rabid Squirrel Offline
Heisman

I Root For: NIU Huskies
RE: sutton smith .. will play in senior bowl
(02-01-2019 01:38 AM)BDB5yp Wrote:  
(01-31-2019 11:35 PM)JKHuskie45 Wrote:  
(01-31-2019 11:33 AM)JKHuskie45 Wrote:  
(01-31-2019 02:07 AM)NIUpride Wrote:  
(01-30-2019 05:12 PM)huskie1stdown Wrote:  Maybe a team should try him at running back.
He will be great on special teams.

There are teams that want Sutton, he will go before round 7.

I disagree. He did not show out in the Senior Bowl, he most likely will not be invited to the NFL combine (as only the top 250), and is considered too small for the position he is best at. He literally is a player without a position (too small for DE/OLB, and zero experience in ILB, MLB, SS or RB). Those kind of players have a tough time getting drafted.
I see him very similar to Jordan Lynch, one of the greatest to play at NIU, but he also was trying to make it out of position. At this point, I think he will be lucky to get drafted. He will get a free agent invite and will have fight to make the roster (also similar to Jordan Lynch)

I am happy to be wrong! Looks like Sutton Smith is going to the NFL Combine..congrats!COGS

https://twitter.com/hashtag/NFLCombine?src=hash

Oh yeahhhhh!!! Can’t wait to see his bench press!

I’ve heard 30+ reps for Sutton on bench. The combine LB high for the last 12 Years is 36. Sutton is gonna crush the combine. Be gone by the 5th round at worst. There a plenty of LBs taken in the 5th round mainly for special teams and depth.
02-01-2019 07:54 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
badmoonrising13 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: NIU
His "meathead'' mentality to serve him well at the combine. His strength, speed, and quickness will bring him a lot of attention.
02-01-2019 08:20 AM
HW58 Offline
2nd String

I Root For: NIU, Cubs
Fingers crossed for Sutton. Not a sure thing, but definitely deserves the opportunity. It's going to take a team with a creative brain trust to pull the trigger.
02-01-2019 09:19 AM
prairiedawg Offline
All American

I Root For: NIU HUSKIES
(01-31-2019 11:33 AM)JKHuskie45 Wrote:  
(01-31-2019 02:07 AM)NIUpride Wrote:  
(01-30-2019 05:12 PM)huskie1stdown Wrote:  Maybe a team should try him at running back.
He will be great on special teams.

There are teams that want Sutton, he will go before round 7.

I disagree. He did not show out in the Senior Bowl, he most likely will not be invited to the NFL combine (as only the top 250), and is considered too small for the position he is best at. He literally is a player without a position (too small for DE/OLB, and zero experience in ILB, MLB, SS or RB). Those kind of players have a tough time getting drafted.
I see him very similar to Jordan Lynch, one of the greatest to play at NIU, but he also was trying to make it out of position. At this point, I think he will be lucky to get drafted. He will get a free agent invite and will have fight to make the roster (also similar to Jordan Lynch)

Terrible analysis Debbie Downer.
02-01-2019 09:32 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.