Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Hero of the left gets suspended from job
UofMstateU Online
Legend

I Root For: Memphis
Hero of the left gets suspended from job
The Broward Coward has been officially suspended.

Broward County Sheriff Scott Israel, who faced criticism over his department’s response to the deadly Parkland, Florida, school shooting last year, was officially suspended by newly sworn-in Gov. Ron DeSantis on Friday.

"Sheriff Israel has repeatedly failed and has demonstrated a pattern of poor leadership," DeSantis said in a statement.

"He failed to protect Floridians and visitors during the tragic Fort Lauderdale International Airport shooting in 2017. He failed in his duties to keep our families and children safe during the devastating shooting at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School on February 14, 2018," the statement read. "These incidents demonstrate Sheriff’s Israel’s repeated incompetence and neglect of duty. The families of the victims deserve accountability.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/florida-gover...ott-israel
(This post was last modified: 01-11-2019 05:35 PM by UofMstateU.)
01-11-2019 05:35 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

bobdizole Offline
All American

I Root For: MT
RE: Hero of the left gets suspended from job
Why is he a hero of the left?
01-11-2019 05:36 PM
UofMstateU Online
Legend

(01-11-2019 05:36 PM)bobdizole Wrote:  Why is he a hero of the left?

Because, when he blamed the school shooting on Dana Loesh and Marco Rubio, the left cheered. Despite the fact it was this numbnuts inactions that allowed several of the students to be killed.
01-11-2019 05:39 PM
Lord Stanley Offline
L'Étoile du Nord

I Root For: NIU
(01-11-2019 05:35 PM)UofMstateU Wrote:  

That'll leave a mark...........
01-11-2019 06:14 PM
Eagleaidaholic Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Southern Miss
(01-11-2019 06:14 PM)Lord Stanley Wrote:  
(01-11-2019 05:35 PM)UofMstateU Wrote:  

That'll leave a mark...........
The guy would have gotten a medal if Desantis didn't win.
01-11-2019 06:15 PM
SuperFlyBCat Offline
Banned

I Root For: America and UC
Desantis gets appoint 3 Florida Supreme Court justices. It is currently 4-3 in favor of Conservatives, so it will be 6-1 to the right.
01-11-2019 06:19 PM
Advertisement

q5sys Offline
1st String

I Root For: MIT & USAFA
(01-11-2019 06:19 PM)SuperFlyBCat Wrote:  Desantis gets appoint 3 Florida Supreme Court justices. It is currently 4-3 in favor of Conservatives, so it will be 6-1 to the right.

That gives some major motive to ballot tampering by the dems during this election cycle.
01-11-2019 06:52 PM
JDTulane Offline
Sazeracs and Retirement

I Root For: Peace

I'd never even heard of him.
01-11-2019 06:53 PM
olliebaba Online
Legend

I Root For: Christ
(01-11-2019 06:53 PM)JDTulane Wrote:  

You need to return that degree from Tulane. Besides being a welcher you're also a liar. We discussed this "hero of the left" quite a bit here.
01-11-2019 09:20 PM
Native Georgian Offline
Legend

I Root For: TULANE+GA.STATE
Scott Israel wanted to be a hero to the Left, and he certainly recited the Left’s gun-control message when he got his moment on the stage. But he has **cked up so badly that I wouldn’t call him anyone’s hero anymore.

Good on Governor DeSantis for removing a bad/incompetent/dishonest sheriff from his position.
01-12-2019 07:46 AM
bobdizole Offline
All American

I Root For: MT
Another question. Do all governors have the authority to remove a Sheriff? I thought a locally voted official would have to he recalled
01-12-2019 08:21 AM
Advertisement

gdunn Offline
Repping E-Gang Colors

I Root For: Southern Miss

Survivor Champion
Should’ve happened sooner.
01-12-2019 08:47 AM
AdoptedMonarch Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Old Dominion
(01-12-2019 08:21 AM)bobdizole Wrote:  Another question. Do all governors have the authority to remove a Sheriff? I thought a locally voted official would have to he recalled

I'm sure that it is state dependent.

Subject to someone smarter correcting me, I'm fairly certain that in Virginia the city/county sheriffs are Constitutional officers and cannot be removed by the governor (or even by the legislature). They instead would need to either be impeached/recalled by the electorate or declared ineligible for the office after a court proceeding.

Here in Norfolk, our former City Treasurer (another Constitutional officer) is serving time for accepting bribes while he was a member of City Council. He ended up resigning only after he lost his appeal. Although our governor at the time was flimflam artist Terry McAuliffe (and probably would have been inclined to applaud not condemn Democrat Party bribery), I don't recall anyone suggesting that he had the power to remove the culprit from office.
01-12-2019 09:01 AM
SoMs Eagle Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Mighty Mustard

SMH......
01-12-2019 09:05 AM
JDTulane Offline
Sazeracs and Retirement

I Root For: Peace
(01-12-2019 09:05 AM)SoMs Eagle Wrote:  

SMH......

I dont read every thread on this forum and have only followed the Parkland topic casually.
01-12-2019 10:15 AM
UofMemphis Away
Official MT.org Ambassador of Smack

I Root For: Univ of Memphis

Donators
(01-11-2019 05:35 PM)UofMstateU Wrote:  The Broward Coward has been officially suspended.

Broward County Sheriff Scott Israel, who faced criticism over his department’s response to the deadly Parkland, Florida, school shooting last year, was officially suspended by newly sworn-in Gov. Ron DeSantis on Friday.

"Sheriff Israel has repeatedly failed and has demonstrated a pattern of poor leadership," DeSantis said in a statement.

"He failed to protect Floridians and visitors during the tragic Fort Lauderdale International Airport shooting in 2017. He failed in his duties to keep our families and children safe during the devastating shooting at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School on February 14, 2018," the statement read. "These incidents demonstrate Sheriff’s Israel’s repeated incompetence and neglect of duty. The families of the victims deserve accountability.

Yet another of your ‘hoeros if the left’ that I’ve never heard of even though I’m a liberal.
01-12-2019 10:51 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

UofMstateU Online
Legend

(01-12-2019 10:51 AM)UofMemphis Wrote:  
(01-11-2019 05:35 PM)UofMstateU Wrote:  The Broward Coward has been officially suspended.

Yet another of your ‘hoeros if the left’ that I’ve never heard of even though I’m a liberal.

You were probably banned from this site during that time, so I'll forgive you if you werent able to get on here to keep your education up.
01-12-2019 12:12 PM
Tom in Lazybrook Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: So Alabama, GWU
Sheriff Israel is a big buddy of Roger Stone. He's all over the map. He was a Republican until the day before he ran for office.

I do think this has everything to do with Ron wanting to punish him for opposing the NRA. I suspect that the new unelected sheriff is a homophobe as well, which will go over like a lead balloon in Broward, home to a massive LGBT population.

-----

I do note that many Republicans, once again, have decided that elections, if they don't go your way, feel that elections should just be ignored, like in Venezuela. And that local control is irrelevant. Remember this when we take control in 2021.
01-12-2019 12:18 PM
Kaplony Offline
Palmetto State Deplorable

I Root For: Newberry
(01-12-2019 12:18 PM)Tom in Lazybrook Wrote:  Sheriff Israel is a big buddy of Roger Stone. He's all over the map. He was a Republican until the day before he ran for office.

I do think this has everything to do with Ron wanting to punish him for opposing the NRA. I suspect that the new unelected sheriff is a homophobe as well, which will go over like a lead balloon in Broward, home to a massive LGBT population.

-----

I do note that many Republicans, once again, have decided that elections, if they don't go your way, feel that elections should just be ignored, like in Venezuela. And that local control is irrelevant. Remember this when we take control in 2021.

You are a racist

[Image: hAq8Zbq.jpg]

https://miami.cbslocal.com/2019/01/11/sc...d-sheriff/

Quote:On Friday, Governor Ron Desantis suspended Broward Sheriff Scott Israel and named Gregory Tony as interim sheriff.

“This is an enormous honor and privilege to be appointed Sheriff of Broward County,” said newly appointed Broward County Sheriff Gregory Tony. “It is my intention to embark on this enormous task to restore the confidence of families and residents of Broward County toward the Broward Sheriff’s Office, which also requires that I fix the problems that exist. I thank Governor Ron DeSantis for this honor and I commit to faithfully fulfilling my duties to this office.”

Tony is the county’s first African-American sheriff.
01-12-2019 12:43 PM
Tom in Lazybrook Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: So Alabama, GWU
(01-12-2019 12:43 PM)Kaplony Wrote:  
(01-12-2019 12:18 PM)Tom in Lazybrook Wrote:  Sheriff Israel is a big buddy of Roger Stone. He's all over the map. He was a Republican until the day before he ran for office.

-----

You are a racist

[Image: hAq8Zbq.jpg]

https://miami.cbslocal.com/2019/01/11/sc...d-sheriff/

Quote:On Friday, Governor Ron Desantis suspended Broward Sheriff Scott Israel and named Gregory Tony as interim sheriff.

“This is an enormous honor and privilege to be appointed Sheriff of Broward County,” said newly appointed Broward County Sheriff Gregory Tony. “It is my intention to embark on this enormous task to restore the confidence of families and residents of Broward County toward the Broward Sheriff’s Office, which also requires that I fix the problems that exist. I thank Governor Ron DeSantis for this honor and I commit to faithfully fulfilling my duties to this office.”

Tony is the county’s first African-American sheriff.

Actually the association that makes me suspect homophobia comes from his association with a white man, Bobby Bowden. That was a full on FCA program. He appears to be a gun nut too. Football player, playing for a FCA program, gun nut....Maybe he's a supporter of the LGBT community against the right wing, but I have my doubts. Maybe he will prove me wrong.
(This post was last modified: 01-12-2019 12:49 PM by Tom in Lazybrook.)
01-12-2019 12:47 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.