Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Triple Amputee Air Force Vet Starts a GoFundMe Campaign for Trump’s Border Wall
Redwingtom Offline
Progressive filth

I Root For: B-G-S-U !!!!
RE: Triple Amputee Air Force Vet Starts a GoFundMe Campaign for Trump’s Border Wall
(12-21-2018 12:19 PM)UTSAMarineVet09 Wrote:  
(12-21-2018 12:14 PM)BobcatEngineer Wrote:  
(12-21-2018 11:52 AM)UTSAMarineVet09 Wrote:  
(12-21-2018 11:47 AM)Redwingtom Wrote:  
(12-21-2018 10:18 AM)UTSAMarineVet09 Wrote:  $11.6mil and couting [sic]...

Paging P.T. Barnum.

But great...if you estimate the cost at a conservative $25 billion, you're .0464% of the way there! 03-lmfao

Actually a conservative estimate would be less than $10 billion, a liberal estimate would be $70 billion... nice try barbie. 07-coffee3

https://www.foxnews.com/opinion/trumps-b...atistician

The statistician in the article you cite said it would cost $25 billion. The "conservative" estimate of less than $10 billion comes from Trump's mouth. I'd like to see how he arrives at that number.

$12.3 Billion in materials
$12.3 Billion in labor
$300 Million in land acquisition

TOTAL = $24.9 Billion

For the most part, I agree with the author's opinion:

Quote:Here’s another misconception. According to a 2015 report by the U.S. Drug Enforcement Administration, 95 percent of drugs enter the United States via container ships or other vessels. So in reality, a wall is going to do absolutely nothing to stop drug trafficking.

Quote:The real question the American public should be asking isn’t how much is the wall going to cost, but rather what is the best way to secure our borders and reduce illegal activity like human and drug trafficking, while at the same time promoting the American dream and helping those who are fleeing for their lives?

The question shouldn’t be about the dollar cost of the wall. It should be about the validity of the wall.

whether its $8B or $25B, its still silly to think thats the crowdfund will be the only way to get the wall funded.

You're right...I forgot the rest will be funded by Mexico.
12-21-2018 02:56 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
UTSAMarineVet09 Offline
Corporal of the Board.

I Root For: UTSA
RE: Triple Amputee Air Force Vet Starts a GoFundMe Campaign for Trump’s Border Wall
(12-21-2018 02:56 PM)Redwingtom Wrote:  
(12-21-2018 12:19 PM)UTSAMarineVet09 Wrote:  
(12-21-2018 12:14 PM)BobcatEngineer Wrote:  
(12-21-2018 11:47 AM)Redwingtom Wrote:  Paging P.T. Barnum.

But great...if you estimate the cost at a conservative $25 billion, you're .0464% of the way there! 03-lmfao

Actually a conservative estimate would be less than $10 billion, a liberal estimate would be $70 billion... nice try barbie. 07-coffee3

The statistician in the article you cite said it would cost $25 billion. The "conservative" estimate of less than $10 billion comes from Trump's mouth. I'd like to see how he arrives at that number.

$12.3 Billion in materials
$12.3 Billion in labor
$300 Million in land acquisition

TOTAL = $24.9 Billion

For the most part, I agree with the author's opinion:

Quote:Here’s another misconception. According to a 2015 report by the U.S. Drug Enforcement Administration, 95 percent of drugs enter the United States via container ships or other vessels. So in reality, a wall is going to do absolutely nothing to stop drug trafficking.

Quote:The real question the American public should be asking isn’t how much is the wall going to cost, but rather what is the best way to secure our borders and reduce illegal activity like human and drug trafficking, while at the same time promoting the American dream and helping those who are fleeing for their lives?

The question shouldn’t be about the dollar cost of the wall. It should be about the validity of the wall.

whether its $8B or $25B, its still silly to think thats the crowdfund will be the only way to get the wall funded.

You're right...I forgot the rest will be funded by Mexico.

Finally! Took you long enough! 07-coffee3
12-21-2018 03:56 PM
umbluegray Offline
Legend

I Root For: The Tigers!

Paging P.T. Barnum.

And a typical government estimate would be $240 billion.
12-21-2018 05:59 PM
umbluegray Offline
Legend

Paging P.T. Barnum.

Let's split the $25B and $70B and say $50B to build.

Heck, let's say $70B.

A one-time charge to build the wall: $70B

The cost of illegals in the US annually: $116B

You see where this goes, right?

The Fiscal Burden of Illegal Immigration on United States Taxpayers

[Image: national-expenditures_0.jpg]

[Image: tax-contributions-by-illegal-immigrants_0.jpg]

[Image: economic-impact-illegal-immigrants_1.jpg]
12-21-2018 06:03 PM
Redwingtom Offline
Progressive filth

(12-21-2018 06:03 PM)umbluegray Wrote:  

Paging P.T. Barnum.

Heck, let's say $70B.

I see where it went...you failing at logic. A wall does nothing about the illegals already here that cost this alleged $116 annually. Oops.

Quote:However, FAIR now estimates that there are approximately 12.5 million illegal alien residents.

At the federal, state, and local levels, taxpayers shell out approximately $134.9 billion to cover the costs incurred by the presence of more than 12.5 million illegal aliens, and about 4.2 million citizen children of illegal aliens.
12-24-2018 08:54 AM
banker Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Marshall
(12-24-2018 08:54 AM)Redwingtom Wrote:  

Paging P.T. Barnum.

Heck, let's say $70B.

I see where it went...you failing at logic. A wall does nothing about the illegals already here that cost this alleged $116 annually. Oops.

Quote:However, FAIR now estimates that there are approximately 12.5 million illegal alien residents.

At the federal, state, and local levels, taxpayers shell out approximately $134.9 billion to cover the costs incurred by the presence of more than 12.5 million illegal aliens, and about 4.2 million citizen children of illegal aliens.

By the math shown, Every new illegal would cost us about $11,000 annually. Plus, re-enter would be much more difficult, each illegal we could deport would be less likely to show back up. So you stop that number from growing and start reducing it.

You would apparently prefer to see it remain the same and continue to grow.
12-24-2018 09:54 AM
Redwingtom Offline
Progressive filth

(12-24-2018 09:54 AM)banker Wrote:  
(12-24-2018 08:54 AM)Redwingtom Wrote:  

Paging P.T. Barnum.

Heck, let's say $70B.

By the math shown, Every new illegal would cost us about $11,000 annually. Plus, re-enter would be much more difficult, each illegal we could deport would be less likely to show back up. So you stop that number from growing and start reducing it.

You would apparently prefer to see it remain the same and continue to grow.

No, I would not, and 2, is it really growing? The last time I checked, illegal immigration was basically a net zero. Additionally, nobody is talking about a wild-scale mass deportation of illegals already here...which would be far from cost-free.
12-24-2018 02:04 PM
Niner National Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Charlotte 49ers
Looks like it has petered out in the 17 million range. The press is over now, so it won't grow by any significant amount going forward.

GoFundMe doesn't require a threshold to be met to give this money to the creator of the campaign, so this money is technically his I suppose. I wonder what he will do with it, and if he is legally obligated to give it to the government since he stated he will not keep it for himself. I don't know if statements made on GoFundMe page descriptions are legally binding.
12-28-2018 04:44 PM
umbluegray Offline
Legend

$18,576,731 as of now
01-01-2019 07:26 PM
fsquid Offline
Legend

I Root For: Memphis, Queens (NC)

CrappiesCrappiesCrappiesCrappiesMemphis Hall of Fame
(12-28-2018 04:44 PM)Niner National Wrote:  Looks like it has petered out in the 17 million range. The press is over now, so it won't grow by any significant amount going forward.

GoFundMe doesn't require a threshold to be met to give this money to the creator of the campaign, so this money is technically his I suppose. I wonder what he will do with it, and if he is legally obligated to give it to the government since he stated he will not keep it for himself. I don't know if statements made on GoFundMe page descriptions are legally binding.

Didn't a couple go to jail because they took money they were "raising" for a homeless guy and spent it on trips and cars?
01-02-2019 09:20 AM
B_Hawk06 Offline

I Root For: UNCW / America
(12-28-2018 04:44 PM)Niner National Wrote:  Looks like it has petered out in the 17 million range. The press is over now, so it won't grow by any significant amount going forward.

Are you jumping to an assumption that this guy, who by all moral standards has shown zero indication he would keep the money and even went so far as to explicitly write that he would return the money if a goal is not met would sink to "stealing" the money for himself?
01-02-2019 12:17 PM
BobcatEngineer Offline
All American

I Root For: OHIO
It sounds like anyone who donated to this GoFundMe is about to get a refund.

Quote:GoFundMe said Friday that it would refund $20 million raised by more than 300,000 donors for President Trump's border wall after an account aiming to raise $1 billion for the wall changed part of its campaign.

Brian Kolfage, the veteran who created the account last month, originally pledged that "every single penny" would be refunded if the original goal had not been met. He updated the page on Friday, saying that the federal government would not be able to accept the $20 million soon.

https://thehill.com/homenews/administrat...e-refunded
01-11-2019 06:58 PM
fsquid Offline
Legend

I Root For: Memphis, Queens (NC)

CrappiesCrappiesCrappiesCrappiesMemphis Hall of Fame
Good Effort
01-11-2019 07:16 PM
HappyAppy Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

I Root For: App
(01-02-2019 12:17 PM)CG_Hawk06 Wrote:  

Are you jumping to an assumption that this guy, who by all moral standards has shown zero indication he would keep the money and even went so far as to explicitly write that he would return the money if a goal is not met would sink to "stealing" the money for himself?

This post has not aged well lol.
01-12-2019 02:25 PM
Ohio Poly Offline
1st String

I Root For: Ohio Poly
(01-11-2019 07:16 PM)fsquid Wrote:  Good Effort

Yes. Only fell $5.68B short.
01-13-2019 09:38 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.