Campus Closed - Nov 2018 - Updated
Punk Offline
1st String

I Root For: Old Dominion
RE: Campus Closed
(11-30-2018 06:50 AM)Justanodufan Wrote:  
(11-30-2018 12:01 AM)LetsGoODU Wrote:  I heard the game is now on January 24th

The women play UTEP on Jan 24.

I’ve heard that they are in talks with Longwood about a potential December 31 game. Looking at both schedules it appears it would work

So you are both right. the EDUCATION game will be the January 24th date vs UTEP, and they are working on a reschedule date with Longwood as well.
11-30-2018 09:10 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
BigBlueMonarch Offline
King of All Things Unimportant

I Root For: Old Dominion University
(03-16-2021 04:38 AM)smudge12 Wrote:  Old thread, but former student who called in bomb threats sentenced to 33 months in federal prison:

https://richmond.com/news/state-and-regi...dbdbc.html

FALLS CHURCH — A former Old Dominion University student who joined up with white supremacists in a swatting conspiracy that targeted a Black church, his own university and a Cabinet officer, among others, was sentenced to nearly three years in prison Monday...

...Kelley pleaded guilty to hosting an internet chatroom in which he and others called in fake bomb threats and attacks on more than 100 different targets, many of which were targeted because of racial or religious animus...

...Among the targets was Alfred Street Baptist Church in Alexandria and the home of then-Homeland Security Secretary Kirstjen Nielsen, who also lives in Alexandria. The group also targeted the Dar El-Eman Islamic Center in Arlington, Texas, and a Black church in Schenectady, New York, the First Reformed Church.

Kelley also had his own school, Old Dominion University, targeted twice, prompting closures and a police response. University police contacted Kelley about the calls, but prosecutors said it was the subsequent call targeting Nielsen that led police to the conspiracy members...

All this extremism is CRAZY. We all need to tone it down a touch. As Lenny Kravitz said, "let love rule"
03-17-2021 12:20 PM
Chillie Willie Offline
All American

(03-17-2021 12:20 PM)BigBlueMonarch Wrote:  
(03-16-2021 04:38 AM)smudge12 Wrote:  Old thread, but former student who called in bomb threats sentenced to 33 months in federal prison:

FALLS CHURCH — A former Old Dominion University student who joined up with white supremacists in a swatting conspiracy that targeted a Black church, his own university and a Cabinet officer, among others, was sentenced to nearly three years in prison Monday...

...Kelley pleaded guilty to hosting an internet chatroom in which he and others called in fake bomb threats and attacks on more than 100 different targets, many of which were targeted because of racial or religious animus...

...Among the targets was Alfred Street Baptist Church in Alexandria and the home of then-Homeland Security Secretary Kirstjen Nielsen, who also lives in Alexandria. The group also targeted the Dar El-Eman Islamic Center in Arlington, Texas, and a Black church in Schenectady, New York, the First Reformed Church.

Kelley also had his own school, Old Dominion University, targeted twice, prompting closures and a police response. University police contacted Kelley about the calls, but prosecutors said it was the subsequent call targeting Nielsen that led police to the conspiracy members...

All this extremism is CRAZY. We all need to tone it down a touch. As Lenny Kravitz said, "let love rule"

We had extremism training at work today. Actually a stand down to inform that extremism will not be allowed.
03-17-2021 12:40 PM
Cyniclone Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: ODU
I appreciate the update but is this the best thread to bring up? I thought there was an ongoing incident on campus.
03-17-2021 12:59 PM
Chillie Willie Offline
All American

(03-17-2021 12:59 PM)Cyniclone Wrote:  I appreciate the update but is this the best thread to bring up? I thought there was an ongoing incident on campus.

I thought it was because Kelley was responsible for the incident that prompted this thread.
03-17-2021 01:05 PM
Cyniclone Offline
Hall of Famer

(03-17-2021 01:05 PM)Chillie Willie Wrote:  
(03-17-2021 12:59 PM)Cyniclone Wrote:  I appreciate the update but is this the best thread to bring up? I thought there was an ongoing incident on campus.

I thought it was because Kelley was responsible for the incident that prompted this thread.

That's probably the case but when you see Campus Closed as a thread title, you mind jumps to the here and now. Or at least mine did.
03-17-2021 01:15 PM
Monarchist13 Offline

RE: Campus Closed - Nov 2018 - Updated
(03-17-2021 01:15 PM)Cyniclone Wrote:  

That's probably the case but when you see Campus Closed as a thread title, you mind jumps to the here and now. Or at least mine did.

Thread title changed.
03-17-2021 01:23 PM
12thmonarch Offline
Heisman

RE: Campus Closed - Nov 2018 - Updated
(03-17-2021 01:23 PM)ODUDrunkard13 Wrote:  
(03-17-2021 01:15 PM)Cyniclone Wrote:  

Thread title changed.

04-cheers For a second i thought something has happened on campus 03-weeping Thank goodness it didn't. A maniacal idiot decided to shoot down a bunch of ladies in Atlanta and it probably clouded my reading a little bit. Stay safe fellas.
(This post was last modified: 03-17-2021 06:10 PM by 12thmonarch.)
03-17-2021 06:09 PM
bigblueodu Offline
1st String

(03-17-2021 12:40 PM)Chillie Willie Wrote:  
(03-17-2021 12:20 PM)BigBlueMonarch Wrote:  

We had extremism training at work today. Actually a stand down to inform that extremism will not be allowed.
DoD?

Sent from my SM-G965U using CSNbbs mobile app
03-17-2021 08:01 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.