Kent State Golden Flashes

Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

UPDATE On ESPN3
FlashPan Offline
2nd String

I Root For: Kent State
UPDATE On ESPN3
I just spent a half hour with an ATT/Directv rep about how to see the Kent BB tonight. This is very confusing. Apparently some that have Directv will not be able to see the game. For the Vanderbilt game, i had to spend about a half hour with an ATT/Directv rep to get into the game. Apparently ur Directv password will not work now that ATT is involved. Here is what I'm able to do now after a bunch of nonsense with the reps. Log onto http://www.espn.com. Top of the screen to the right there will be some choices. Click WATCH and then SCHEDULE/REPLAYS. That will bring up a list of live shows that are currently available and a list of those that are upcoming. Kent/Detroit is listed as upcoming on ESPN3. So at 7 PM I should be able to see tonights game by clicking on Kent/Detroit live. For some of you I fear this will not work because last Friday night I had to create a brand new password and try to follow some not so clear directions. Good luck to all of you figuring all this out to watch the game. If I were you I would go thru the process I outlined early to see if you see the upcoming list of games to be broadcast tonight and see if Kent is on your list. If you click on one of the current live events and you see an actual live game on the screen in progress, you should be able to see the Kent game at 7 PM with no issues. All of this confusion apparently is the result of ATT taking over Directv. UGH!
(This post was last modified: 11-28-2018 02:36 PM by FlashPan.)
11-28-2018 02:24 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Albert Flasher Online
2nd String

RE: UPDATE On ESPN3
I have Comcast/Xfinity & ESPN3 works fine. All I had to do is say "ESPN3" in the voice remote & it came up.

Also, if you (or your kid) has an Xbox, ESPN streams through the Xbox also, regardless of your provider.
11-28-2018 03:10 PM
Slinkin Street Flash Offline
1st String

Here's hoping we follow up on the good win over Vanderbilt. Detroit Mercy looks like they're at about Kent State's level.
11-28-2018 03:59 PM
axeme Offline
Sage

I Root For: hoops

Folding@NCAAbbsDonatorsCrappiesCrappiesCrappiesCrappiesCrappies
I have Dish and the ESPN app on Roku, and also am subscribed to ESPN+. I have had no problems yet watching any KSU or MAC game on ESPN3 or ESPN+ at all. They’ve come on without any issues and the quality of the streams have been excellent.
11-28-2018 05:57 PM
Advertisement

GFlash68 Online
All American

Crappies
I have a Amazon Prime Stick on my dumb TV and the ESPN App works fine. Have ESPN+ also and it is worth it until summer.
11-28-2018 06:46 PM
dannyb73 Offline
MAC CHAMPS

I Root For: Mem & Kent St
(11-28-2018 02:24 PM)FlashPan Wrote:  I just spent a half hour with an ATT/Directv rep about how to see the Kent BB tonight. This is very confusing. Apparently some that have Directv will not be able to see the game. For the Vanderbilt game, i had to spend about a half hour with an ATT/Directv rep to get into the game. Apparently ur Directv password will not work now that ATT is involved. Here is what I'm able to do now after a bunch of nonsense with the reps. Log onto http://www.espn.com. Top of the screen to the right there will be some choices. Click WATCH and then SCHEDULE/REPLAYS. That will bring up a list of live shows that are currently available and a list of those that are upcoming. Kent/Detroit is listed as upcoming on ESPN3. So at 7 PM I should be able to see tonights game by clicking on Kent/Detroit live. For some of you I fear this will not work because last Friday night I had to create a brand new password and try to follow some not so clear directions. Good luck to all of you figuring all this out to watch the game. If I were you I would go thru the process I outlined early to see if you see the upcoming list of games to be broadcast tonight and see if Kent is on your list. If you click on one of the current live events and you see an actual live game on the screen in progress, you should be able to see the Kent game at 7 PM with no issues. All of this confusion apparently is the result of ATT taking over Directv. UGH!

I probably was experiencing this crap for the Vandy game and honestly gave up because it was 2nd half when I started to try to watch and I was getting so pissed off because other games were working for me but ours wasn't. Fast forward to last night, I flipped open my laptop with 1:20 left in the game, clicked on the play symbol to the right of the screen expecting nothing to happen, and poof, there was the live video. I guess next time I am getting screwed, I will know what I need to try. Thanks for the help.
(This post was last modified: 11-29-2018 01:01 AM by dannyb73.)
11-29-2018 01:01 AM
GFlash68 Online
All American

Crappies
(11-29-2018 01:01 AM)dannyb73 Wrote:  
(11-28-2018 02:24 PM)FlashPan Wrote:  I just spent a half hour with an ATT/Directv rep about how to see the Kent BB tonight. This is very confusing. Apparently some that have Directv will not be able to see the game. For the Vanderbilt game, i had to spend about a half hour with an ATT/Directv rep to get into the game. Apparently ur Directv password will not work now that ATT is involved. Here is what I'm able to do now after a bunch of nonsense with the reps. Log onto http://www.espn.com. Top of the screen to the right there will be some choices. Click WATCH and then SCHEDULE/REPLAYS. That will bring up a list of live shows that are currently available and a list of those that are upcoming. Kent/Detroit is listed as upcoming on ESPN3. So at 7 PM I should be able to see tonights game by clicking on Kent/Detroit live. For some of you I fear this will not work because last Friday night I had to create a brand new password and try to follow some not so clear directions. Good luck to all of you figuring all this out to watch the game. If I were you I would go thru the process I outlined early to see if you see the upcoming list of games to be broadcast tonight and see if Kent is on your list. If you click on one of the current live events and you see an actual live game on the screen in progress, you should be able to see the Kent game at 7 PM with no issues. All of this confusion apparently is the result of ATT taking over Directv. UGH!

I probably was experiencing this crap for the Vandy game and honestly gave up because it was 2nd half when I started to try to watch and I was getting so pissed off because other games were working for me but ours wasn't. Fast forward to last night, I flipped open my laptop with 1:20 left in the game, clicked on the play symbol to the right of the screen expecting nothing to happen, and poof, there was the live video. I guess next time I am getting screwed, I will know what I need to try. Thanks for the help.

You saw a great one minute. You would never know that we struggled the entire 2nd half except for that minute. Walker found nirvana.
11-29-2018 02:58 PM
anti-zip Online
All American

I Root For: kent state!
(11-28-2018 06:46 PM)GFlash68 Wrote:  I have a Amazon Prime Stick on my dumb TV and the ESPN App works fine. Have ESPN+ also and it is worth it until summer.

Personally not a fan of ESPN+. Previously everything was on ESPN3 and free to anyone with DirectTV. Now I get to pay $5 a month to get the games that are on ESPN+ instead of ESPN3... and even better, the DirectTV ESPN app isn't supported by ESPN+ so anything that's on ESPN+ I have to hook my computer up to the tv to watch. They should've named it ESPN+Hassle #FirstWorldProblems
11-29-2018 11:31 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.