Cincinnati Bearcats

Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Ken Broo and Ken Singleton
Bookmark and Share
Racinejake Offline
Heisman

I Root For: UC
RE: Ken Broo and Ken Singleton
(11-26-2018 09:29 PM)UCGrad1992 Wrote:  Spot on Rag and I'm in 100 percent agreement on the empty seats. We want to be big boy P5 and the best seats in the houses are not filled. Very bad optics. Very poor impression. I swear I can't figure it out. Cincinnati is a so-called sports town - yeah, I know - professional franchises and high school football primarily. But damn, do the locals not understand what they have right in front of them? This goes back a few threads when I called out the AD marketing folks. They absolutely suck IMO. Bare minimum effort. I need to get off the keyboard pontificating and let Bohn know how I feel as a former student and graduate. What the hell was the point of investing in $80+ million Nippert renovations if we can't even get fans and supporters to sit in the best 'effin seats in the joint? I mean, I get the renovations were necessary for improving functionality, keeping up with the Jones's, and showing a dedication to invest in facilities as part of the blinking P5 invite beacon. But tell me it doesn't come across borderline embarrassing to see those empty club seats? What are they dark green in color? SMDH. Put seats in butts ANYWAY YOU CAN! Hello, McFly! Hello, McBohn and the Marketing Experts! Frickin' crash test dummies dressed as sports fans would be better than empty green back seats.

I don't believe the university sells single game seats in the club section. They could start there.

11-26-2018 10:28 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
ZCat Offline
1st String

(11-26-2018 09:38 PM)doss2 Wrote:  We need to get our buyers to get others to use tickets when they don't. UC should facilitate the process. There is a organization that takes tickets and gives to poo folks. But do we want those people in he stadium?

Totally agree on this and other posts.
When I was like 11 years old when my neighbor didn’t use his season tickets he would walk across the street and give it to us. We would go to the Reds game with free parking garage pass as well.

I was at the O$U , upper level, Right behind of our bench. Soooo many empty seats. I couldn’t believe it. They don’t even show up for the big games.

UC should definitely Facilitate unused seats get given away to veterans high school kids, even to fan sites like this. Bohn could have an asst get On here and give away two tickets a year on here.

Most of all I get annoyed That UC Does not facilitate it in someway and all those people that don’t go to the games don’t find another fan to give it to.

11-26-2018 10:54 PM
UCGrad1992 Offline
Legend

I Root For: Bearcats U
Hey Bohn! If you want to help facilitate getting me 4 club seats for a game next year, I'll gladly make the trip up from North Carolina with my wife and two teens. I'll cover all expenses - including hotel stay - buying UC gear at campus bookstore, Nippert concessions, and scream and go nuts during the game! What do you say buddy? Better than an empty seat, no?

11-26-2018 11:05 PM
Ragpicker Offline
All American

I Root For: Black & Gold
Donators
(11-26-2018 10:54 PM)ZCat Wrote:  
(11-26-2018 09:38 PM)doss2 Wrote:  We need to get our buyers to get others to use tickets when they don't. UC should facilitate the process. There is a organization that takes tickets and gives to poo folks. But do we want those people in he stadium?

Totally agree on this and other posts.
When I was like 11 years old when my neighbor didn’t use his season tickets he would walk across the street and give it to us. We would go to the Reds game with free parking garage pass as well.

I was at the O$U , upper level, Right behind of our bench. Soooo many empty seats. I couldn’t believe it. They don’t even show up for the big games.

UC should definitely Facilitate unused seats get given away to veterans high school kids, even to fan sites like this. Bohn could have an asst get On here and give away two tickets a year on here.

Most of all I get annoyed That UC Does not facilitate it in someway and all those people that don’t go to the games don’t find another fan to give it to.

They are all too busy trying to figure out what Christmas gift that Karen can pass out to the well healed. It's because the University constantly goes back to the same deep pockets for every need. 50 Banter members might make up one S or V project. And if you get Doss involved you might only need 2 more alums. But they constantly ignore that next group of donors - especially the younger generation.

11-26-2018 11:44 PM
doss2 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: BEARCATS
You can buy single game CLUB seats but you must already have them. $100 each. There are more CLUB seats used than it looks as some people if it is under 55 degrees stay inside.

I would like UC to have several High School days where a group of HS Seniors would get free tickets.

11-27-2018 12:08 AM
JackieTreehorn Offline
Heisman

I Root For: The Bearcats
(11-27-2018 12:08 AM)doss2 Wrote:  You can buy single game CLUB seats but you must already have them. $100 each. There are more CLUB seats used than it looks as some people if it is under 55 degrees stay inside.

I would like UC to have several High School days where a group of HS Seniors would get free tickets.

Maybe you could help make this happen by donating some of you vast wealth for the tickets. After all, can't take it with ya.

11-27-2018 07:30 AM
Banter Offline
1st String

I Root For: UC Bearcats
I am a bit late to this discussion, but I was sent emails multiple times about buying single game club seats for $75. I got it for Homecoming and the ECU game. There may have been other game options as well. I got the email about the Homecoming game a couple hours after I overpaid for two seats elsewhere... I was pretty pissed.

11-27-2018 07:41 AM
Romell Shorter Offline
Banned

I Root For: Bearcats
Attendance will only get worse for all teams. This next generation doesn't value attending games like previous ones. I can't blame them.

During the ECU game, a guy behind me said he was happy it was the last game of the season because he couldn't tolerate another tv commercial break.

P.s. Folks rip soccer, but they have it right. Continuous play, one halftime break and no timeouts. Basketball and football both started like that - pretty much - but evolved into so much inaction.

(This post was last modified: 11-27-2018 07:50 AM by Romell Shorter.)
11-27-2018 07:47 AM
Racinejake Offline
Heisman

(11-27-2018 07:41 AM)Banter Wrote:  I am a bit late to this discussion, but I was sent emails multiple times about buying single game club seats for $75. I got it for Homecoming and the ECU game. There may have been other game options as well. I got the email about the Homecoming game a couple hours after I overpaid for two seats elsewhere... I was pretty pissed.

Really? I didn't receive anything like that. Was it a special promotion or something? I have season tickets but would easily pay $75 for a club seat especially if cold or bad weather.

11-27-2018 07:53 AM
doss2 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: BEARCATS
(11-27-2018 07:53 AM)Racinejake Wrote:  
(11-27-2018 07:41 AM)Banter Wrote:  I am a bit late to this discussion, but I was sent emails multiple times about buying single game club seats for $75. I got it for Homecoming and the ECU game. There may have been other game options as well. I got the email about the Homecoming game a couple hours after I overpaid for two seats elsewhere... I was pretty pissed.

Really? I didn't receive anything like that. Was it a special promotion or something? I have season tickets but would easily pay $75 for a club seat especially if cold or bad weather.

An FYI the Club Food has went downhill. No more made to order Pasta Station or Carving Station or Custom Salads. Replaced by Walking Tacos and Commercial Pizzas.

11-27-2018 08:27 AM
ZCat Offline
1st String

(11-26-2018 09:34 PM)doss2 Wrote:  
(11-26-2018 08:12 PM)Ragpicker Wrote:  It looks bad in Nippert. It looks bad in the new Arena. And it definitely looks bad on TV.

UC's biggest issue is not the bandwagon fan or even walk up sales. I was amazed how full the last four south sections of the Shank Pavilion was on Friday afternoon.

UC's biggest issue is so many of the big donors simply don't use their seats. And because of inconvenience, or lack of thought, or just plain snobbery those premium seats remain empty. I've heard ushers tell me that many season ticket holders only go to the Xavier type games for basketball and the good weather, big name, homecoming type games for football. And a few have even complained seeing someone sitting in their seats on TV.

I know this can definitely happen in Cincinnati because it happened to me several years ago as a volunteer at the ATP. I was taking a lunch break sitting in the baking sun watching a few games from the third row. Some box owner actually called the tournament, and a usher came down to have me removed. The usher said the guy who owns this box saw you on TV. Doss - was that you?

Someone with some brains in the Athletic Department should figure out an incentive plan that those seats never go unused. Sure - I know that is asking too much.

Not me but I often get comped ATP tickets from banks and brokers.

I think we’re going to designate you and you’re wealthy buddies to set up a program to make sure your unused tickets do not go to waste. We can set up random number drawing on this website. I’m happy to go to the ATP or other local sports.

11-27-2018 08:29 AM
JPBearcat3 Offline
we'll do the rest, boys

I Root For: #BearcatNation
At one point several years ago, the athletic department was working on a structure to allow folks to upgrade their seats on game day (for both bball and football). Unused tickets would go up for re-sell, and you could purchase them electronically through an app.

For whatever reason, that never panned out.

Similar programs were announced at other area schools, but in searching now, they don't seem to have legs. Maybe it was a failed model; who knows?

11-27-2018 08:47 AM
Bearcats#1 Offline
Ad nauseam King

I Root For: Pony94
Ken Broo is a monkey. Who cares what he thinks about UC.

11-27-2018 08:55 AM
Billy_Bearcat Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UC Bearcats
Donators
(11-27-2018 07:47 AM)Romell Shorter Wrote:  Attendance will only get worse for all teams. This next generation doesn't value attending games like previous ones. I can't blame them.

During the ECU game, a guy behind me said he was happy it was the last game of the season because he couldn't tolerate another tv commercial break.

P.s. Folks rip soccer, but they have it right. Continuous play, one halftime break and no timeouts. Basketball and football both started like that - pretty much - but evolved into so much inaction.

04-clap2

11-27-2018 10:23 AM
Z-Fly Offline
1st String

I Root For: Cincinnati
(11-27-2018 10:23 AM)Billy_Bearcat Wrote:  
(11-27-2018 07:47 AM)Romell Shorter Wrote:  Attendance will only get worse for all teams. This next generation doesn't value attending games like previous ones. I can't blame them.

04-clap2

I don't think I could sit through a soccer game, but I did notice how fast high school football went, when I went to a playoff game.

11-27-2018 12:32 PM
Def Berkkat Offline
1st String

Maybe if anything happened in that continuous play, people wouldn't rip soccer.

11-27-2018 12:49 PM
vabearcat Offline
All American

I Root For:
(11-26-2018 10:28 PM)Racinejake Wrote:  
(11-26-2018 09:29 PM)UCGrad1992 Wrote:  Spot on Rag and I'm in 100 percent agreement on the empty seats. We want to be big boy P5 and the best seats in the houses are not filled. Very bad optics. Very poor impression. I swear I can't figure it out. Cincinnati is a so-called sports town - yeah, I know - professional franchises and high school football primarily. But damn, do the locals not understand what they have right in front of them? This goes back a few threads when I called out the AD marketing folks. They absolutely suck IMO. Bare minimum effort. I need to get off the keyboard pontificating and let Bohn know how I feel as a former student and graduate. What the hell was the point of investing in $80+ million Nippert renovations if we can't even get fans and supporters to sit in the best 'effin seats in the joint? I mean, I get the renovations were necessary for improving functionality, keeping up with the Jones's, and showing a dedication to invest in facilities as part of the blinking P5 invite beacon. But tell me it doesn't come across borderline embarrassing to see those empty club seats? What are they dark green in color? SMDH. Put seats in butts ANYWAY YOU CAN! Hello, McFly! Hello, McBohn and the Marketing Experts! Frickin' crash test dummies dressed as sports fans would be better than empty green back seats.

I don't believe the university sells single game seats in the club section. They could start there.

Is it possible that the people who gave thousands, even tens of thousands, to construct the new pavilion and more to buy the tickets for the right to sit up there and mingle with others who have also made major gifts don't want to be in the same box with Bobby Bearcat and his two snot-nosed kids spilling coca cola on his white shirt? Many of these are older alumni and local business people. They are not always there to see UC play ECU or Tulsa. They are there for business reasons or civic rent reasons or maybe for some other altruistic reason. It's called premium seating. It's called exclusivity. Every school has it. So does the Symphony Orchestra, the Playhouse in the Park, the Reds, Bengals, Xavier, UK, OSU, the Aronoff Center et al. You have the right to go to the games and sit where you want depending on what you are willing to pay. It's the same for the folks in the expensive seats. If they want their seats empty, it's their prerogative. Over the last 10-15 years, UC has likely spent several hundred million dollars on athletic infrastructure improvements, including Nippert, Fifth-Third, The Sheakley Indoor Practice Field, Marge Schott Baseball Stadium, the Lindner Varsity Village, etc. Where do you think all that money comes from?

11-27-2018 12:52 PM
TubaCat Offline
1st Chair

I Root For: Bearcats, tubas
Ken Broo and Ken Singleton? More like...

KEN BLOWS and KEN SIMPLETON! Rimshot

11-27-2018 01:02 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Racinejake Offline
Heisman

(11-27-2018 12:52 PM)vabearcat Wrote:  
(11-26-2018 10:28 PM)Racinejake Wrote:  

Is it possible that the people who gave thousands, even tens of thousands, to construct the new pavilion and more to buy the tickets for the right to sit up there and mingle with others who have also made major gifts don't want to be in the same box with Bobby Bearcat and his two snot-nosed kids spilling coca cola on his white shirt? Many of these are older alumni and local business people. They are not always there to see UC play ECU or Tulsa. They are there for business reasons or civic rent reasons or maybe for some other altruistic reason. It's called premium seating. It's called exclusivity. Every school has it. So does the Symphony Orchestra, the Playhouse in the Park, the Reds, Bengals, Xavier, UK, OSU, the Aronoff Center et al. You have the right to go to the games and sit where you want depending on what you are willing to pay. It's the same for the folks in the expensive seats. If they want their seats empty, it's their prerogative. Over the last 10-15 years, UC has likely spent several hundred million dollars on athletic infrastructure improvements, including Nippert, Fifth-Third, The Sheakley Indoor Practice Field, Marge Schott Baseball Stadium, the Lindner Varsity Village, etc. Where do you think all that money comes from?

I'm well aware of where the money comes from. I'm not suggesting UC give away unused club seats with the purchase of a combo meal at the TUC Chick-Fil-a. It would have to be at a price relatively commensurate with what season ticket holders pay on a per game basis. In fact, most organizations do that - Reds sell club seats on a single game basis, Bengals have sold out club seats on a season ticket basis, UCF sold club tickets on a single game basis, etc. That's not that radical of an idea if there are empty seats.

11-27-2018 03:28 PM
Bruce Monnin Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Cincinnati
Forget the basketball tickets. I am interested in the combo meal at the TUC Chick-Fil-a.

11-27-2018 04:24 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.