Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

WAC DN worse than ever
Bookmark and Share
SeattleVandals Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Seattle U
WAC DN worse than ever
Three of four Seattle U games on the WAC Digital Network this year had broken streams and mostly wouldn't load any audio or video. The third time today against Denver is ridiculous. There is no information being put out by the WAC on this.

UMKCs game on the WAC DN was also aborted before the game even started and won't be streamed.

Are any other schools having these issues or just Seattle U? Jim Hayford commented on the issues after the SU-Bryant game, so SU is aware of how over half their games now have not been available to stream due to WAC DN technical difficulties. At this point, 3/4 failed streams, you'd think there'd be a lot more urgency and even an attempt to find a mid season alternative
11-23-2018 04:33 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

CrimsonPhantom Offline
CUSA Curator

I Root For: NM State
RE: WAC DN worse than ever
(11-23-2018 04:33 PM)SeattleVandals Wrote:  Three of four Seattle U games on the WAC Digital Network this year had broken streams and mostly wouldn't load any audio or video. The third time today against Denver is ridiculous. There is no information being put out by the WAC on this.

UMKCs game on the WAC DN was also aborted before the game even started and won't be streamed.

Are any other schools having these issues or just Seattle U? Jim Hayford commented on the issues after the SU-Bryant game, so SU is aware of how over half their games now have not been available to stream due to WAC DN technical difficulties. At this point, 3/4 failed streams, you'd think there'd be a lot more urgency and even an attempt to find a mid season alternative

Is this on the OTT Platform? Website? Both?

I tuned in for the NMSU vs. ENMU in the second half on the OTT. Picture was in SD, occasionally fluctuating to HD.

I look around at other conferences digital networks. Picture quality is good. Not sure why the WAC can't figure it out. Guess this what you get when you hire a guy who's biggest digital content accomplishment involves uploading videos to YouTube.

You can try emailing Eric Danner: edanner@wac.org

He's in charge of all things WAC DN. Good luck if you do. Still waiting on a response to an email from two years ago. I was cordial. Know of other fans who emailed him and he doesn't respond. At least his predecessor responded. Then again his predecessor knew how to run the WAC DN properly. But when you get a job with an NBA team, it sure beats working for the WAC.
11-23-2018 05:36 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
SeattleVandals Offline
Special Teams

I'll email him and see what he says. I'm trying to watch through chrome mobile on a Google Pixel 2 running Android 9. I'm going to try my PlayStation tomorrow and see if it's better through there. Not a good sample size of how others did today, most seemed to be at the game, but in past everyone has had some kind of issue, if not no picture)audio at all
11-23-2018 05:50 PM
SeattleVandals Offline
Special Teams

On a side note, Longwood and Fairfield are playing each other right now on the WAC DN (can't get picture or audio) as part of the Elgin Baylor Classic at Seattle U. Don't remember two non WAC teams playing on the WDN
11-23-2018 05:51 PM
Advertisement

CrimsonPhantom Offline
CUSA Curator

(11-23-2018 05:51 PM)SeattleVandals Wrote:  On a side note, Longwood and Fairfield are playing each other right now on the WAC DN (can't get picture or audio) as part of the Elgin Baylor Classic at Seattle U. Don't remember two non WAC teams playing on the WDN

Sounds about right.

For the hell of it I tried to pull up the WAC DN app on my phone (Android). Says my device isn't compatible with this version. Just got this phone in June.
11-23-2018 06:01 PM
CrimsonPhantom Offline
CUSA Curator

I think it would be better in the WAC DN did away with its own OTT platform and get with Stadium to act as the OTT platform. They would just pick up the feeds. But it could attract others to watch WAC games, as other conferences are signed with Stadium.

Also the WAC is the only D1 conference that uses BlueFrame for a DN.
11-23-2018 06:19 PM
gleadley Offline
1st String

I Root For: GCU
At this point,I'd be fine if they scrapped the WAC DN and just put everything on ESPN+
11-23-2018 07:34 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

CrimsonPhantom Offline
CUSA Curator

(11-23-2018 07:34 PM)gleadley Wrote:  At this point,I'd be fine if they scrapped the WAC DN and just put everything on ESPN+

I ain't paying. **** ESPN!
(This post was last modified: 11-23-2018 07:43 PM by CrimsonPhantom.)
11-23-2018 07:41 PM
NeptunianEmp Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: NM State Aggies!
(11-23-2018 07:41 PM)CrimsonPhantom Wrote:  
(11-23-2018 07:34 PM)gleadley Wrote:  At this point,I'd be fine if they scrapped the WAC DN and just put everything on ESPN+

I second that statement.
11-23-2018 11:11 PM
gleadley Offline
1st String

I Root For: GCU
(11-23-2018 11:11 PM)NeptunianEmp Wrote:  

I second that statement.

If we get what we pay for and the WAC DN is free, what are we really complaining about here? If paying a nominal fee means receiving a better service, what is the problem?
11-24-2018 12:29 AM
Advertisement

SeattleVandals Offline
Special Teams

Another option is Pluto.TV. It's been good for the Big Sky conference. Stadium would be my preferred choice though
11-24-2018 04:50 AM
72Tiger Offline
Up your nose with a rubber hose

I Root For: Larry
DonatorsDonatorsDonators
(11-24-2018 04:50 AM)SeattleVandals Wrote:  Another option is Pluto.TV. It's been good for the Big Sky conference. Stadium would be my preferred choice though

Stadium is on Pluto, so getting on Stadium would get you on Pluto too.
11-24-2018 10:48 AM
Vaqueronation Offline
2nd String

I Root For: utrgv
(11-24-2018 12:29 AM)gleadley Wrote:  

I second that statement.

If we get what we pay for and the WAC DN is free, what are we really complaining about here? If paying a nominal fee means receiving a better service, what is the problem?

Because i'm already paying around 100 bucks in subscriptions. I'm getting tired of everyone having their own subscription service. I have directv with most of the sports packages already. Why would I pay for espn+.
11-24-2018 04:18 PM
Advertisement

CrimsonPhantom Offline
CUSA Curator

(11-24-2018 04:18 PM)Vaqueronation Wrote:  
(11-24-2018 12:29 AM)gleadley Wrote:  

I second that statement.

Because i'm already paying around 100 bucks in subscriptions. I'm getting tired of everyone having their own subscription service. I have directv with most of the sports packages already. Why would I pay for espn+.

This^^^

More than likely, ESPN would require each school to provide people to produce the games. With very little to none monetary compensation. GCU may like to burn money, but not everyone else in the WAC would.
11-24-2018 05:00 PM
DoubleRSU Offline
All American

(11-24-2018 10:48 AM)72Tiger Wrote:  
(11-24-2018 04:50 AM)SeattleVandals Wrote:  Another option is Pluto.TV. It's been good for the Big Sky conference. Stadium would be my preferred choice though

Stadium is on Pluto, so getting on Stadium would get you on Pluto too.

The Pluto version of Stadium is different. Stadium has multiple games going on at once at times. Usually when I check to see what’s on the Pluto Stadium channel, it’s a talk show instead of their main live game
11-24-2018 10:04 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.